PDA

View Full Version : 3 Bonus Maps As DLC

OGCFB
01-19-2010, 04:36 PM
The 3 maps are required to reach 100% in game however they are bonuses from special editions of the game.

jimbo11235813
01-19-2010, 04:47 PM
I say DLC and pay (I bought Black Edition so it wouldn't affect me whatever they do.) It would be unfair if it wasn't eventually downloadable, but it would also be unfair if its going to be free. But whatever they do, I don't really care.

senile old coot
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
i also say DLC and pay. as much as i'd like them to be free (as i was too skint to purchase anything but the standard edition at the time), it would be a bit of a discredit to those who shelled out for the ''limited editions''.

NekoKera
01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Going to have to say DLC and Pay on this one, would kinda rob people who dished out the extra cash for the Limited Editions, including myself, and still need 1 of the 3 and I would still be willing to pay...however anything over $10/800MS points probably not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

InfernalTyrant
01-19-2010, 06:05 PM
To hell with paying!
DLC and free!

c22point8
01-19-2010, 06:35 PM
People who got the limited editions got an Ezio figure, music and artwork so I don't see why anyone should have to pay for stuff thats actually already on the disk, should be activated when buying a DLC.

An_Idea
01-19-2010, 09:10 PM
dlc and pay, the team put work into them and seeing as the black ed cost more than the MAE they get another map and a cooler statue. the MAE cost more than the normal of course and they (me included) got 2 maps, idk about the white edition but prices are different depending on what country your in, i looked it up and the black ed was about $115 whereas the MAE was $80

Tantalus227
01-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Out of appreciation for those who bought the limited editions I say we should have to pay a small amount to get them. They don't effect the main storyline (as far as I'm aware) and their only purpose is to get the full 100% sync which in theory isn't essential.

I'd be irritated if I bought the black edition then everyone else got the same bonuses for free.

Ru1986
01-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Jimbo_323 you say you bought the Black edition. Does the Black edition of the game include the DLC then (as in the southern Island of Venice and southern part of Florence)??

Because on Fallout 3 i had to buy the expansion pack to get the 5 other worlds. Do i have to do the same with AC2 or can i just get the black edition of the game and these two areas i have mentioned above will be open.

Many Thanks

OzDavis
01-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by c22point8:
People who got the limited editions got an Ezio figure, music and artwork so I don't see why anyone should have to pay for stuff thats actually already on the disk, should be activated when buying a DLC. As I have posted elsewhere on these forums... the "music" is incomplete and is not in a standard music format that I can play on anything other than a DVD player... I spotted numerous typos within five minutes of first flicking through the tiny (~A6) "artwork" book... and the figurine I was never interested in, to the point it is still sitting in the box on my shelf. So, whilst I can't speak for other special edition owners, the extra money I thought I was paying for a well produced book, a soundtrack CD and three bonus maps ended up being primarily for the maps.

Consequently, I will be extremely annoyed if the bonus content is released for free.

On the flip side, I also appreciate that 100% completion is important to a lot of gamers out there. Being sympathetic to that point of view, even though the bonus content was advertised as exclusive, I voted for the second option: DLC and Pay

DLTyrus
01-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Don't see the point in special offer exclusives now we have DLC, being unable to get a bit of extra content in game because of where you live, or what you can afford, is really irritating as a gamer, I find. I want to play the whole game.

Tbh, all exclusive content should be DLC these days, though, its unlikely to be free.

katz_bg
01-20-2010, 07:32 AM
I'm willing to pay another 10-20 for a code for all three if Ubi are willing to sell just the codes.

DLC and Pay

jimbo11235813
01-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
Jimbo_323 you say you bought the Black edition. Does the Black edition of the game include the DLC then (as in the southern Island of Venice and southern part of Florence)??

Because on Fallout 3 i had to buy the expansion pack to get the 5 other worlds. Do i have to do the same with AC2 or can i just get the black edition of the game and these two areas i have mentioned above will be open.

Many Thanks
The Black Edition only includes 3 Templar Lairs as extra content. They're similar to the Assassin's tombs. Same gameplay as them, but you just get money at the end. They're just there as a bit of fun really. No extra storyline or anything.

The Southern area of Florence is in one of the upcoming DLC's (Battle of Forli and another one, coming out this month and Feb. Can't remember the names exactly.)

jpshark
01-20-2010, 09:16 AM
I voted DLC and free.

I preordered AC2 from GameStop and got one of the extra areas for doing that. It doesn't add anything to the story, just some extra fun and money which I had tons of by the time I finished the game. I was under the impression most folks who ordered the Black Edition did so for the book and the figurine even though someone has already indicated otherwise...

caswallawn_2k7
01-20-2010, 09:20 AM
some people ordered for the physical extra's but there are a lot of people out there stupid enough to pay so much extra for something as small as the maps, totally ignoring the physical objects that are the main reason behind the pricing.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">not that the conspiracy book was actually that good quality, was full of typing mistakes</pre>

curecrow
01-20-2010, 11:25 AM
I have voted DLC and free, i think all dlc for the games should be free because you have paid for the game. The Special editions are more expensive but also have more things than the standard edition.

wtaylor1975
01-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by OACFB:
The 3 maps are required to reach 100% in game however they are bonuses from special editions of the game. yep the dlc,s should be free as for them who buy white or black or even limited one u get sum thing with it book cd figure etc so yep dlc should be free but found out we have to pay for the new dlc,s 4.99 for ome 3.99 for the second they made loads from game its self so give sumthing bk to all the gamers out ere

agentofwraith
01-20-2010, 12:33 PM
we should pay. wouldn't be fair to others that paid xtra on the specials.

Brett_Master5
01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
I don't understand why anyone would think that the maps, IF they're released would be free.

If the lairs are released than they should not cost anymore than either of the two missing memory sequences.

Rundell
01-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Gamers shouldn't be punished for not preoredering their games. Also the limited edition people and those who preordered had the the maps before the rest of us. (L.E.) got even more. I voted DLC for free 60 bucks for an incomplete game is not right. Maybe they need to make a new tv ad saying ( HEY COME BUY OUR GAME FOR 60 DOLLARS BUT IF WANT TO COMPLETE IT YOU GOT TO PAY MORE) only an idiot would buy a game like that. I didnt know anything about this till i got to the end of the game and it flat made me feel like we all got cheated. Now i know to wait longer to buy to avoid BS like this.

Brett_Master5
01-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Those who pre-ordered also had to pay more for those maps.

They also can't finish the game until The Battle of Forli and Bon Fire of the Vanities is released. So, those who pre-ordered have had to pay just as much as those who didn't pre-order. Prolly more because of the other stuff they got.

I don't see how anyone can complain about extra content. There are quite a few other games that you have to pay full price when it's released only to have to turn around and pay more to complete the game. I know for a fact that Saints Row II is this way. Also, you can't really experience Halo 3 Multiplayer unless you pay another $10 or $20 for the rest of the multiplayer maps. Why is ACII any different?

mariob1998
01-21-2010, 09:02 AM
The Battle of Forli and The Bonfire of the Vanities are gonna cost $3.99 and $4.99 respectively, each being a 1 gig download. I can't imagine the 3 extra maps costing more than a couple dollars since they don't really add much to the story.

OutcastChimp
01-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I voted free and not pay bc it not unfair if we get it for free.they wanted to pay the extra money so thats their fault if it comes out for free.they can get mad bc we didnt have to pay.

Luna1945
01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I feel that since the game has been out a couple of months the maps should be free. I bought the Master Assassins edition and am pleased with it. The bonus cd isn't all that but I like the Ezio figure (he's standing on top of my xbox)and I like the tin that it came in. My hubby gave me the collectors edition, hard cover, guide for my birthday and it's really nice. Now, once the dlc comes out, I'll be a happy camper. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

NekoKera
01-21-2010, 05:26 PM
What it really comes down to is the overall price of the DLC, whether it's free or not. Someone had to create that map whether it be small or large and to give it away for free is somewhat of an injustice if you think about it. How would you feel creating something and then, instead of your something having a value it is now worthless? Chances are when/if they are released they aren't going to be free, one for this reason and two, if there is a dollar to be made why not make it? If it is truly "unfair" that you had to pay $60 for a game and you feel the game didn't come close to that value then just deal with the investment you made. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif DLC is content that was made for purposes beyond the initial release of the game that is "extra" content, meaning this extends beyond the $60 that the game cost. Yeah, I wish that somethings would be free but looking at things realistically it is just not logical that this would be unless a promotion or special, "promoting" the game. (Make something free...people want game...people pay $60 to get something free.) but hey that works too but then again wasn't something called UPlay invented...hmm. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

SteelCity999
01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
I bought the Master Assassin edition and it doesn't bother me that the extra maps will be eventually dlc. The extra $20 paid is not bad considering the extra stuff I got is worth more than the $20 - the soundtrack is $10 alone if you buy it separate.

What I don't agree with is needing the bonus maps or dlc to achieve 100% sync. They should be "Extras" as that what dlc is billed as in the first place. The extra maps should be no more 99cents for what they are. Hopefully the dlc memories will be worth a few hours of gameplay.

c22point8
01-22-2010, 10:06 PM
What it really comes down to is the overall price of the DLC, whether it's free or not. Someone had to create that map whether it be small or large and to give it away for free is somewhat of an injustice if you think about it.

The maps are already included in the game disc, so its not extra, its just something that requires a code to unlock. I'm not bothered about the price of the DLC as long as its reasonably priced in the UK compared to USA, I just think the first DLC should unlock the 3 maps.