PDA

View Full Version : My feeling about the NEW WarClouds

FatBoyHK
01-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Yes I considered it new because it offered a totally new experience. Several interesting feelings

1. I am totally exhuasted after two days / 16 Hours of flying on WarClouds, It didn't happen to me before... that is why I decided to take a dayoff today and write this. Now I need full conceration in order to do well, just like what a real pilot would do in order to complete mission objectives and back home in one piece....the new setting really transformed this great game into a great simulation.

2. Teamplay. In the past I usually just listen to the comm and seldom speak. Yesterday, I was being personally asked to speak up and team up with other pilots. The other team had teamed up really well and really beating us, in that terrible situtation some pro pilots at our side took the responibility to try to organize us. Once we teamed up we turned the tide a bit. At the end of the day we got 20+ pilot on the red channel, and I am amazed how well we can do if we are organized.

3. My performace. My kills ratio decreased a bit, from 2 kills per hour to 1.5 kill per hour. Death rate remain the same, about one per night. But to do that I have to give much more effort. I know it because my heart was running like he11 and my hand swaering like sh1t. My neck took a heavy toll too, because I trackir-ed around much much much more frequently.

4. My Kills. In the past most of my kills are 109s. Now 109s are nowhere to be seen. (OK, not exactly, On three incidents I screwed up myself and being shot up badly, in both case it was a 109) Every time I found somebody, he was on a 190. It is a very nice change, because the Mustang (my only ride so far) vs 190 (especailly Dora) matchup is being simulated better than others in this game (due to various FM limitations), and much more interesting IMO

Heavy_Weather
01-30-2005, 11:37 AM
thats it right there, working together http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Akronnick
01-30-2005, 01:05 PM
IL2 FB+AEP+PF....$60.00
Saitek X45.......$80.00
TrackIR2........$100.00

Watching six P-38's on teamspeak shut down Blue Team's airbase...Priceless!

FatBoyHK
01-31-2005, 04:25 AM
I enjoy bouncing vulchers over my base more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif good fun, and respected by my teammate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WOLFMondo
01-31-2005, 04:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akronnick:
IL2 FB+AEP+PF....$60.00
Saitek X45.......$80.00
TrackIR2........$100.00

Watching six P-38's on teamspeak shut down Blue Team's airbase...Priceless! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blue winning on pilot kills.....inevitable. :P

Come back when red finally win a map.

AWL_Spinner
01-31-2005, 04:32 AM
Had a lot of fun on WC over this last week or so flying B25s exclusively.

Four missions. No deaths. 10 ground targets destroyed. Also interesting to note how busy the red comms channel is these days.

Ignore this next point if, indeed, there is no map timelimit but I couldn't see that info anywhere.

I think to encourage bombing objectives as well as fighter teamwork there should be no timelimit on the maps. You're aiming either (fighter) for enemy kills to reduce their pilots/planes to zero or to (bomber) obliterate your ground targets. It's not happened yet to me but it would be frustrating to be within 4% of acheiving your sides objective only to have the map change.

FBOW appears to be running the same map for a weekend to allow completion of all objectives.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Timelimits arent important if any given server is fairly full of pilots as usually at least a few will focus on the ground objectives. If there are only 5-7 pilots on each side a timelimit may be a necessity...especially if most of the pilots aren't adept at locating and destroying ground targets. Even a potentially good map can seem monotonous if left on for hours.

willyvic
01-31-2005, 10:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akronnick:
IL2 FB+AEP+PF....$60.00
Saitek X45.......$80.00
TrackIR2........$100.00

Watching six P-38's on teamspeak shut down Blue Team's airbase...Priceless! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blue winning on pilot kills.....inevitable. :P

Come back when red finally win a map. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We owned it Saturday.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

WV

Diablo310th
01-31-2005, 10:26 AM
Red usually flies the mission where as Blue rarely does. Since the 1 DK I have noticed fewer people actually attacking the target like they used to. Red used to regualrly win the map before teh 1 DK. Hopefully the worm is turning and Red is back to attacking the targets with passion again.

tora-2
01-31-2005, 11:13 AM
So far the one deathkick doesn't strike me as all that bad .
It does at least focus the mind on staying alive.
The biggest problem I encounter is having sides that are so out of balance. Whether the Death Kicks have made it worse or not I don't know, but Blue side primarily dominate ( at least when I'm on ! ) because there are often way more of them.

Fehler
01-31-2005, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diablo310th:
Red usually flies the mission where as Blue rarely does. Since the 1 DK I have noticed fewer people actually attacking the target like they used to. Red used to regualrly win the map before teh 1 DK. Hopefully the worm is turning and Red is back to attacking the targets with passion again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fiction!

Go check out the stats and see who are the ground pounders. Then come back and edit post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WOLFMondo
01-31-2005, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diablo310th:
Red usually flies the mission where as Blue rarely does. Since the 1 DK I have noticed fewer people actually attacking the target like they used to. Red used to regualrly win the map before teh 1 DK. Hopefully the worm is turning and Red is back to attacking the targets with passion again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diablo, come play on blue sometime and see how this isn't true. Blue attacks as much as red, the difference between red and blue generally is red like to vulch more than blue and red have better and more ground pounding planes like the P38, A20, B25, P47, P63..although no one uses this despite its huge bomb load. 110's, A9's and F8's are ok but can hold nothing like the ordance of some of the allied planes can so it generally takes longer to complete the objectives.

BBB_Hyperion
02-01-2005, 03:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:

Diablo, come play on blue sometime and see how this isn't true. Blue attacks as much as red, the difference between red and blue generally is red like to vulch more than blue and red have better and more ground pounding planes like the P38, A20, B25, P47, P63..although no one uses this despite its huge bomb load. 110's, A9's and F8's are ok but can hold nothing like the ordance of some of the allied planes can so it generally takes longer to complete the objectives. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad but true vital 190 Loadouts still missing .

JG54_Arnie
02-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Hehe, last night I had some wine and thought it would be funny to fly some on Warclouds, see how long I would live. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Things I noticed right away is that people tried to form up a lot more than usual. And that as soon as I got in enemy territory and contact was made, the entire sky was filled with P-47's P-51's and little else.. kinda delirious experience when its 2:00 AM as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The teams were something like 10 blue and 25-30 red players.. ran into a swarm of at least 10 red players twice. And being in the state I was in, I stood little chance. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif It was funny though, seeing so many enemy planes all in one place.

OldMan____
02-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Unfortunately people still speak too much BS in comms.. they should learn to give necessary info fast and clean.

2 days ago I lost the chance to save at least 3 poeples from bouncing because someone was speaking NON_STOP for 8 MINUTES and I could not transmit any single word of information that could be understood! Comms are not CHAT! not even soccer radio narrative... speak what you must only. It is faster and easier to understand.

Unfortunately I don't know why WC cnx goes so bad for me. Sad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Xses_08
02-01-2005, 06:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OldMan____:
Unfortunately people still speak too much BS in comms.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes this can be a big problem at times. I either move myself to an empty wing channel or use the key combo i set to mute the voice comms.

Sometimes you need to be able to hear yourself think when in a tight situation.

Bull-Dog.
02-01-2005, 06:18 AM
I have just started flying there.I had never flown full switch on line before or used comms, so this was a new experience for me.
I could not of imagined how overwhelming this experience has been to me. It has opened up a new world, one that feels so real i forget where i am.
Its no longer just trying to kill and collect pionts, its trying to stay alive as long as i can, its working as part of team to achieve an objective, its great.
Listening to the comms enables you to know where the action is and to help when required. When I have got used to the way teamspeak is used, i will speak up and make my presence known.

I now fly as "Blue-Lexus" a new call sign for a new era.