PDA

View Full Version : Please don't ruin this franchise.

JROD0823
11-28-2010, 02:55 AM
I read on another forum that Ubi is wanting to make Assassin's Creed a yearly released franchise, and I think this is a big mistake. My reasoning behind this is that if you oversaturate the market with one brand of media in quick succession and for too long of a period, the public loses interest in that brand and looks for a new experience elsewhere. The Assassin's Creed series definitely needs the 2 year development cycle to keep the brand fresh and exciting for its fans. I will buy any games that have the brand attached to it, but I think Ubi is heading down a very slippery slope that it may never be able to climb back up if they aren't careful.

W.E.S.P
11-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by JROD0823:
I read on another forum that Ubi is wanting to make Assassin's Creed a yearly released franchise, and I think this is a big mistake. My reasoning behind this is that if you oversaturate the market with one brand of media in quick succession and for too long of a period, the public loses interest in that brand and looks for a new experience elsewhere. The Assassin's Creed series definitely needs the 2 year development cycle to keep the brand fresh and exciting for its fans. I will buy any games that have the brand attached to it, but I think Ubi is heading down a very slippery slope that it may never be able to climb back up if they aren't careful.

Not exactly look at CoD it gets bigger and bigger every year. Why? Its behond me.

assassinm8
11-28-2010, 09:16 AM
i agree i think they shud take time to make a new AC so there it is better i think they kinda rushed ACB cause it was out a year after ac2 and it shows they rushed it cause its all glitched

ChaosxNetwork
11-28-2010, 09:31 AM
ACB had to come out a year after ACII otherwise it would have been pointless to have made it they may as well just spend there time on the new time period and ancestor (Yes this will happen but lets not get into it here)

I therefore believe they will be going back too a two year cycle again.

Haywood92
11-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JROD0823:

Not exactly look at CoD it gets bigger and bigger every year. Why? Its behond me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. CoD gets the biggest sales every year. Which proves that people don't get put off by releases every year. Personally, I wouldn't mind. So long as the games weren't clearly rushed.

cless711
11-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I think i read somewhere that while AC:B was being made, another team was working on AC3. I dunno if this is true but i thought i read it somewhere on this forum..

neophyte12
11-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Haywood92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JROD0823:

Not exactly look at CoD it gets bigger and bigger every year. Why? Its behond me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. CoD gets the biggest sales every year. Which proves that people don't get put off by releases every year. Personally, I wouldn't mind. So long as the games weren't clearly rushed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but you also have to realize that (until recently) the development of CoD games went back and forth between Infinity Ward and Treyarch - Infinity Ward made 1,2,Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 and Treyarch made 3, World at War, and Black Ops...so in reality the games DID take two years to be developed

Haywood92
11-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by neophyte12:
but you also have to realize that (until recently) the development of CoD games went back and forth between Infinity Ward and Treyarch - Infinity Ward made 1,2,Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 and Treyarch made 3, World at War, and Black Ops...so in reality the games DID take two years to be developed
True, but people usually don't take which developer made them into account. People usually just think "another CoD game", then buy it/don't buy it.

rocketxsurgeon
11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't worry about Ubisoft. They're a big company and in my opinion are fully trusted with the franchise.

Look what wonders they have made already, such progress since AC:1. They know their market, i wouldn't worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif