PDA

View Full Version : Bomb damage Question

Death-Dealer68
12-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Do'es anyone know if the bomb damage caused by a time delayed bomb will cause the same amount of damage as one which detonates on impact, Because time delayed bombs in really life will penitrate the soil for a few feet and reduce it's blast damage. ???

cheers.

Death-Dealer68
12-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Do'es anyone know if the bomb damage caused by a time delayed bomb will cause the same amount of damage as one which detonates on impact, Because time delayed bombs in really life will penitrate the soil for a few feet and reduce it's blast damage. ???

cheers.

Zeus-cat
12-19-2004, 12:22 PM
I would think the damage is the same regardless of the time delay on the bomb.

There are some pretty sophisiticated damage models in the game, but I can't believe that this would have been programmed. Buildings, train cars, tanks and trucks are either fully functional or destroyed. Some of the larger ships can be damaged without being destroyed, but the damage models are very simple compared to the ones for the aircraft.

I am such a bad shot that I feel lucky when my bombs hit the ground!

Zeus-cat

LRRPCanada
12-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Its all dependent on the Target. Tack a look a few years ago while the Gukf war was on, all the hits on Hardened sites, were delayed timings, to let the war head into the hanger, buliding, or bunker, then explode from the inside out. If it was a impact fuse, they just blow a chunk out the roof.

Here is a modern day example. PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a small cherry cracker fireworks, light it know hold in the plam of your hand, BANG!, burns the surface of your hang, and a little sting, right?
Now light another and this time clasp it tightly, BANG, if your lucky your hands still there but hurts, but the explosion was a lot more powerfull.

LRRPCanada
Justin