PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR question... tough to get used to

sledgehammer2
12-28-2004, 07:27 PM
This is taking some acclimating, but I am making it thru campaign missions. I have tried the IL2 profile but it was too fast. I came across a post from Coastie where he suggested some new edit point settings. I liked those better, it seemed to tone things down a bit, but if I shut down the software and then reload it, my settings are going back to what they were. How do I keep them where they are reset? Can you please answer in as much detail as possible, because setting this thing up is not second nature to me. I have read the manual all the way thru but as usual have to ask my fellow fliers for help. Thanks!

sledgehammer2

TheKingofStyle
12-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Just got TIR myself and I love it. Anyhow, on setting it up, click on the profiles tab at the top, and I made a new profile. Then you click edit and it should bring up the tracking window and the head-view window and the other "editing" window. To edit settings, click on pitch or yaw and then click on "edit yaw." To edit the settings for a point, just click on that point. I have the 3 center points as 0 as a dead zone. The next one outside of that is at 2 and each point beyond that is up only 2 or 3 points. That gives me pretty smooth control through the entire field of view. For me the pitch settings are slightly higher at the outer ends than the yaw settings, so I can get the entire field of view in pitch. (Pitch - up and down, Yaw - side to side)

It's also very important to have your dot centered in the tracking window. So sit where you normally sit and then adjust the camera to center the tracking dot.

It does take some fiddling to get it to what you like, but once you do you won't regret it.

GvSAP_Wingnut
12-28-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm still using software version 3, don't know if this applies for v4:

1) Make sure you're saving the profile you've created
2) Under the Profiles tab, select "IL2 Forgotten Battles" from the Assign Autoload Profile window
3) Then go to the Select a Profile to Autoload window and pick your saved profile.

Also be sure to set a prominent button on your joystick for centering... you'll press it a lot (well maybe not so much if you have Vector).

Hope this helps!

knightflyte
12-28-2004, 08:21 PM
I'm using version 2.11. It's older but I think the basic profile/edit creation is the same.

On the motion TAB make sure track IR enhanced mode is TICKED. Choose CUSTOM in the drop down window. Then edit your speed and edit points. This will give you your dead zone. (make sure GROUP EDIT POINTS is UNTICKED so you may change speed and edit points independantly)

THEN....when you have edit and speed points where you like, TICK OFF THE REMEMBER MY SETTINGS BOX.

THEN AND ONLY THEN go to profiles and select IL2Forgotten Battles.

Fire up the game and Taa Daaaa!!!!!

That's how I set mine up and have no problem.

For fine tuning mess around with the smoothing bar in the MOTION TAB.

Notice as you create your settings in the MOTION TAB that the left side shows you a graph that represents your deadzone and speed.

Here's My Profile:

EDIT POINT: 0 2 5 10 20 30 40 50

SPEED: 0 0 0 17 17 18 20 32

regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back

BPO6_PANP
12-28-2004, 10:44 PM
~S! which version are you using ?
tir 1 2 or 3 pro ?
some profiles work faster in 1 version than in the others