PDA

View Full Version : SC Conviction - Issues

xcltm3
04-30-2010, 04:17 AM
I just purchased the Collectors Edition of the latest SC instalment. So far, I really enjoy it. Having said that, there are a few issues I'd like Ubisoft to consider if/when they release the next SC:

1. It's annoying that we can't save our progress at any time during any level of the game! As we're in the year 2010, I'd expect that we should have this feature. Indeed, some of the previous versions of SC allowed you to save your progress at any time. So why not this latest release?

2. What happened to Sam's (ie Fisher) ability to go "Prone"? Meaning, lie flat down on his chest? A game where stealth is a mandatory requirement, and yet we don't have the ability to lie him flat down? Therefore many hiding places are not available. Such as vehicles, desks, etc etc?! Was this also a feature in previous versions?

3. When playing, why are we still forced to follow a certain "route"? Why aren't we able to "free roam" a little more? Take the Washington Memorial level (ie Theme-Funpark). Apparently, Sam can't jump over cars and other normally easy objects to manouevre around the enemy. We're forced to take a certain route with no other options?!

Come on Ubi, let's take gaming to the next level...get more input from users who are intelligent enough to provide invaluable input so that the end result is a game that is a trailblazer for all other games to envy and emulate. I've been an avid fan of SC since the very beginning. However, by this stage, I was expecting bigger and better in every way....but I must say that I'm disappointed in some ways with this release due to the abovementioned issues. Even graphics wise, I must confess it could have been clearer and better. For example, I look at COD MW2, and the graphics representations on all levels (ie characters, AI's, sceneries etc) are stunningly good. This is what I was expecting from SC: Conviction.

TicKByT
04-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by xcltm3:
I just purchased the Collectors Edition of the latest SC instalment. So far, I really enjoy it. Having said that, there are a few issues I'd like Ubisoft to consider if/when they release the next SC:

1. It's annoying that we can't save our progress at any time during any level of the game! As we're in the year 2010, I'd expect that we should have this feature. Indeed, some of the previous versions of SC allowed you to save your progress at any time. So why not this latest release?

2. What happened to Sam's (ie Fisher) ability to go "Prone"? Meaning, lie flat down on his chest? A game where stealth is a mandatory requirement, and yet we don't have the ability to lie him flat down? Therefore many hiding places are not available. Such as vehicles, desks, etc etc?! Was this also a feature in previous versions?

3. When playing, why are we still forced to follow a certain "route"? Why aren't we able to "free roam" a little more? Take the Washington Memorial level (ie Theme-Funpark). Apparently, Sam can't jump over cars and other normally easy objects to manouevre around the enemy. We're forced to take a certain route with no other options?!

Come on Ubi, let's take gaming to the next level...get more input from users who are intelligent enough to provide invaluable input so that the end result is a game that is a trailblazer for all other games to envy and emulate. I've been an avid fan of SC since the very beginning. However, by this stage, I was expecting bigger and better in every way....but I must say that I'm disappointed in some ways with this release due to the abovementioned issues. Even graphics wise, I must confess it could have been clearer and better. For example, I look at COD MW2, and the graphics representations on all levels (ie characters, AI's, sceneries etc) are stunningly good. This is what I was expecting from SC: Conviction.

1. Makes it harder and trains you to screw up less so that you do not have to revert to the last checkpoint.

2. There were crawlspaces at some points in the previous splinter cell levels (Double agent had hiding but it was hardly necessary)

3. Because the kiddies they made this one for would get a headache (followed by their heads exploding and a huge lawsuit) if it wasn't linear enough...