PDA

View Full Version : Slightly off topic

lkemling
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Have for several years now been looking for any of the WWII black aircraft models used for identification training, Vagely Remember playing with a few of them from my childhood in the late 40s
Anyone remember these? believe they were made from bakelite ...like the old telephones. thinking they were rather fragile,so might not have survived til this day but thought it would really be kinda neat to have a couple hanging over my computer Assuming i could find some of course lol.

lkemling
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Have for several years now been looking for any of the WWII black aircraft models used for identification training, Vagely Remember playing with a few of them from my childhood in the late 40s
Anyone remember these? believe they were made from bakelite ...like the old telephones. thinking they were rather fragile,so might not have survived til this day but thought it would really be kinda neat to have a couple hanging over my computer Assuming i could find some of course lol.

idonno
04-07-2009, 02:59 PM
This might be a place to start.

Friend or Foe? Museum of Aircraft Recognition (http://www.collectair.com/Museum.html)