PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why did they segment the Multiplayer modes?

FreshGroundFX
05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

When ACB first came out and I began playing Multiplayer it was sooooo easy to get in any game and play it right away - no problems.

But then downloaded content came along first with "Animus Project Update 1.0" then with "Animus Project Update 2.0".

When the first update came along, the people playing without any updates couldn't play with the people that had the first update.

When the second update came along, the people without it couldn't play with people that had it.

If I turn off Update 2.0 and use 1.0 I can't play chest capture, and I can't access Pienza. But if I turn on 2.0 I can't access Mt Michel.

This is ridiculous. It's perfect segmentation of your own online game. Sabotage really, not to mention constant network problems and no playlists (ie no rooms where I can choose my game mode and see how many people are in it).

AND NOW - the Da Vinci DLC, which gives you 4 new characters and 2 new games modes. MORE SEGMENTATION. That means there are now at least 3 pack of online players.

I can't express how frustrating it is to have to wait for your game to run up to 6 people in it, let alone 8.

I always ask myself "is there nobody in the whole world that's playing ACB online, only 5 people?"

LOL, is anybody with me?

P.S. I think a simple software tweak would fix the segmentation between the first 2 updates - simply merge the updates but don't let people play chest capture in Mt. Michel, simple.

Evan52395
05-24-2011, 06:52 PM
You're definitely not the only one who feels this way. It is very frustrating. I'd love for them to fix it, but I think it's something to do with Microsoft's DLC data limit. It happens with content in other games too (such as Halo Reach for example).

SleezeRocker
05-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by denverseven:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif
I always ask myself "is there nobody in the whole world that's playing ACB online, only 5 people?"

I ask myself almost everyday that same question!