PDA

View Full Version : RANK players > CUSTOM players

Deton_van_Zan
10-08-2010, 11:46 PM
y does custom players think they good cause they are lvl 60+ in custom games. but if they go to rank they are like lvl 2 then they cry about rank games takes forever to find... i mean all the excuses, then you got some that thinks cause they go on a crazy win streak in custom they think they are above their heads...
whats wrong with this custom players these days.
i mean u dont see me tryin to tell everyone im NUMBER ONE IN 2V2 CHAMPIONSHIP. and being #1 in 2v2s RANK GAMES > CRAZY WIN STREAK IN CUSTOM GAMES. THANKS YOU

dan-1993uk
10-09-2010, 05:49 AM
No 1 said there good and i bet the only reason my most people win in ranked is because there opponents team mate is garbage i play with my friend so im not stuck with some noob. at the end of the day uour still playing somebody else and for all you know you could be playing the worst people on the game in ranked so stop moaning.

DW_Khan
10-09-2010, 08:32 AM
I agree with you van Zan.

If people thought they were so good they would be in ranked play. Using the "I can't play with my friend" in ranked excuse is B.S. Sure, it means you and your friend make a good team, but a good player, without your friend, it does not make.

Being good at custom matches with your friend when you're both on microphones is completely different than being good in ranked matches where you can't rely on having a skilled partner with a microphone (not to mention ranked 1v1).

That being said, games are meant to be fun, so if players have more fun in custom matches, then that is where they should be. But, i tend to agree with van Zan that 200win streaks(or however big) in custom are irrelevant.

If everyone who played custom matches stopped crying about not being able to play with their friend and switched to ranked 2v2, it would make getting a match that much easier. Who cares if you are stuck with a noob for a match and lose every once in awhile, what is so wrong with that? Anyways, once you play 5-10 matches your in a league way above noobs and will never see them.

Deton_van_Zan
10-09-2010, 08:16 PM
WORD DW_KHAN IS MY NEW HERO!!!!

Deton_van_Zan
10-09-2010, 08:17 PM
DW_KHAN IS MY NEW HERO =x

VVidar
10-09-2010, 08:39 PM
This all sounds like a thinly veiled desperate attempt to lure custom match players to ranked matches. I understand the motive.

I doubt however that most custom match players even visit the forum at all to begin with. If you want to win them over however, one would have to bring some sort of tangible benefit for only playing 25 min. 1945 1v1 on the same maps or 2v2 with a stranger that might not even play coop or even has his mike on.

The "you suck if you do not play ranked" statement is not going to win many people over I think.

Ranked games in RUSE means what actually? Who really cares about what "rank" one has in RUSE. What real benefit do "ranked matches" bring compared to having coop fun with a friend in your spare time?

Rank chasing in RUSE is somewhat akin to achievement chasing on the Xbox 360 or Prestige chasing in COD n.

To put it nicely, it attracts a certain kind of people. The "you suck if you do not play ranked" statement kind of says it all.

VVidar
10-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by DW_Khan:
I agree with you van Zan.

If people thought they were so good they would be in ranked play. Using the "I can't play with my friend" in ranked excuse is B.S. Sure, it means you and your friend make a good team, but a good player, without your friend, it does not make.

Being good at custom matches with your friend when you're both on microphones is completely different than being good in ranked matches where you can't rely on having a skilled partner with a microphone (not to mention ranked 1v1).

That being said, games are meant to be fun, so if players have more fun in custom matches, then that is where they should be. But, i tend to agree with van Zan that 200win streaks(or however big) in custom are irrelevant.

If everyone who played custom matches stopped crying about not being able to play with their friend and switched to ranked 2v2, it would make getting a match that much easier. Who cares if you are stuck with a noob for a match and lose every once in awhile, what is so wrong with that? Anyways, once you play 5-10 matches your in a league way above noobs and will never see them.

In like manner 200 win streaks (or however big) in ranked matches are just as irrelevant.

Think about it for a second.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Axe99
10-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Tried the ranked 2v2 this morning a bit, and you had to wait longer for laggier games with folk who generally didn't work as a team, so don't think I'll head back there again. It's just more fun playing 1v1 (ranked, as that seems to be where all the 1v1 games are) or 2v2 unranked ('cos folk just seem to be more cooperative minded).

Sorry Deton/DW - but waiting 5 minutes for a 25 minute game that takes 40 minutes because of a laggy connection with people on comms who don't use them just ain't fun - leastaways not with the alternatives. Good luck getting the ranked players together though, and pummeling me whenever we bump into each other in 1v1 games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

DW_Khan
10-09-2010, 09:15 PM
whats with the "you suck if you do not play ranked" quotation?
you've used it twice but no one has said that anywhere in this thread.

Deton_van_Zan
10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
axe not like we never face before =X. i rather not your pretty cool. lol and for vvidar. yea tryin to get this custom ***** to read this is one of my motives. but LEADERBOARD THE PROOF thats says whos better. in which ways??? i win more then whoever im talkin smack with . you get what im saying... and for anyone that can say welll you can lose your way up LOL LET ME SEE YOU TRY .. OTHERWISE the beef of whos better which in every games has will never be solve.. unless you play mhfu that game is all coop and even in that game.. people still tend to say whos better by showing who got better armor . its human instinct to be competitive. and the developers made the leaderboard to solve it.
In like manner 200 win streaks (or however big) in ranked matches are just as irrelevant.

Think about it for a second.
and axe khan is right there is nothing to think for a second can u imagine if me and you went on a 2v2 team unrank streak i bet you we double what these custom wh0re will do they got 56 107 we do 200 + u get what im saying 60min games LOL you know hw many points we get and 20 min begining cease-fire LOL

DW_Khan
10-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Axe_99au:
Tried the ranked 2v2 this morning a bit, and you had to wait longer for laggier games with folk who generally didn't work as a team, so don't think I'll head back there again. It's just more fun playing 1v1 (ranked, as that seems to be where all the 1v1 games are) or 2v2 unranked ('cos folk just seem to be more cooperative minded).

Sorry Deton/DW - but waiting 5 minutes for a 25 minute game that takes 40 minutes because of a laggy connection with people on comms who don't use them just ain't fun - leastaways not with the alternatives. Good luck getting the ranked players together though, and pummeling me whenever we bump into each other in 1v1 games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

I have only played 3 ranked 2v2 games and two 2v2 unranked games. I agree completely with you, 1v1 is the way I enjoy the game best. But I do think that 2v2 ranked would be so much better if the custom players switched over to ranked.

ghosty10
10-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by DW_Khan:
I have only played 3 ranked 2v2 games and two 2v2 unranked games. I agree completely with you, 1v1 is the way I enjoy the game best. But I do think that 2v2 ranked would be so much better if the custom players switched over to ranked.

i would play 2v2 ranked but i dont want to get stuck with some random thats why i play custom so i can search with my friend

Deton_van_Zan
10-10-2010, 12:20 AM
thats why i know you cant take the leaderboard 2v2 rank from me LOL

kalijon
10-10-2010, 12:52 AM
As a rule, I avoid 2v2 custom like the plague.

Recently, I was wiped out in a game when I pushed hard on one guy, and his friend sent bombers and a recon plane my way. I'm not complaining that he did it, or that my teammate wasn't using pressure either (also my teammate did not have a microphone)

I WAS mad when the dude sent me a message after the match saying "get good"

I mean, come on, really? It made me sad/angry/frustrated when a game with such a limited community has to be made worse just because some teenager is on an ego trip.

But it's not all bad, most ranked and 1v1 matches have been very good. People say "gg" or message me and I return the courtesy.

lol there was that one time my teammate dropped in a 2v2 match, so I steam-rolled the other team and beat them 45 minutes later with total victory. "good game guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif" I said.
"**** YOU ****ING HOMO"

lol

Axe99
10-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Deton_van_Zan:
axe not like we never face before =X. i rather not your pretty cool.

You're cool too mate - it was a good game, and very enjoyable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. And too right, I reckon we'd do alright as a 2v2 team http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

@Kalijon, really sorry you had to deal with that. I mean, every sale of RUSE is great for Eugen and Ubi, and they deserve it, but sometimes I wouldn't mind if folk like that went back to CoD where they would fit in better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I beat someone in an enjoyable tight game a few weeks back, and sent him a "Good game, you were close mate" and his response was "Yeah, you got lucky". Whether I did or not, I wasn't blown away by their ego http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

InfiniteStates
10-10-2010, 03:06 AM

Although if you ranked up to training mate, our little experiment last night (this morning for you lol) would have worked a treat...

If you have 3 mates who also like to play 2v2 ranked, and all of the same rank band, you can just search at the same time and get put into the same match.

It's not foolproof, especially if more people are doing it, but it generally works. But I think the higher level 2v2 players will tend to not suck like the low level ones anyway...

Axe99
10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Aye, totally agree States - but when I was trying to rank up with you guys, I had a number of games that were all laggy, and not once did I get a partner who spoke or even cooperated with me. It's a lot of pain to try and catch up with you guys.... I may still do it, mind, but I had a lot more fun the instant I went back to 1v1.

partxgenius
10-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I have played ranked but prefer custom for a few different reasons.
1: I can choose the map and choose my faction depending on the map.
2: 25min isnt long enough. Most the time your opponet hides and tries to spam arty and bombers. No action. In my opinion it doesnt get good until about the 20min mark when you have a good source of income and advance units.
3:I like larger maps, thus I play 2v2 more than 1v1. You can choose your team mate in custom.

Axe99
10-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Waited 45 mins yesterday arvo to not get a game in 2v2 ranked. Played lots of GT PSP and Medievil, which as fun, but there's a real risk of ranked 2v2 (at least on the PS3, and if there's no patch released for the friends thing) going the 'no-one's using it so no-one uses it' way of things.

ghosty10
10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Waited 45 mins yesterday arvo to not get a game in 2v2 ranked. Played lots of GT PSP and Medievil, which as fun, but there's a real risk of ranked 2v2 (at least on the PS3, and if there's no patch released for the friends thing) going the 'no-one's using it so no-one uses it' way of things.

THANK YOU......this kid understands what i was trying to say

Axe99
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ghosty10:
THANK YOU......this kid understands what i was trying to say

lol, I'm not sure if I'm a 'kid' any more Ghosty, but it's nice to still be called one every now and again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

ghosty10
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
sorry i call everyone kid.......makes it easier for me so i dont have to look at names http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

freefall75
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I'd just like to say i agree Deton Van Zan that ranked makes you good i've played him twice in raked and he steamrolled me.

stchris666
01-09-2011, 02:23 AM
so are people still playing 2vs2 ranked games?im going to start playing it soon,once ive reached elite in 1 vs 1 (currently level 55 so got a bit more to do).

Im going for platinum trophy so need to play every map on 2vs2 ranked.

maikkelis95
01-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by stchris666:
so are people still playing 2vs2 ranked games?im going to start playing it soon,once ive reached elite in 1 vs 1 (currently level 55 so got a bit more to do).

Im going for platinum trophy so need to play every map on 2vs2 ranked. im on training league at ranked 2vs2, and i cant find ranked matches anymore http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

And why does everybody think that players who play only unraked matches are automatically noobs/bad players?

I dont play ranked, cos i cant find ranked matches anymore.
But i still think that i aint so bad player either...

freefall75
01-09-2011, 04:39 AM
I think that if you play unranked your not a noob but ranked is where real multiplayers at.

maikkelis95
01-09-2011, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by freefall75:
I think that if you play unranked your not a noob but ranked is where real multiplayers at. but thats the thing, NO ONE PLAYS IT ANYMORE ON MY LEAGUE, so i cant find any games -> i cant play ranked.

Had a nice game with you today though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rossocool
01-09-2011, 05:02 AM
I find that more people play custom than ranked. I'm an alright player but not very good.
I have played one ranked match and did win but I find no fun in being steamrollered by other players so I tend not to play the hardcore ranked matches.
I think that people should play wherever they find fun (for me playing with a mate on private online against various AI factions) although I do agree that a large win streak in custom matches can be irrelevant particularly if played against AI.

Painthreshold
01-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Let people play what they want to play instead of thinking your only good if you have play ranked... When i play 1v1 i play ranked however in 2v2 i would rather be with someone i can communicate with and trust.

I play games to have fun not to be someone in a leader-board. If people think they are good and they play custom then you can just beat them can't you. Don't start flaming the whole community for a few select people who think they're amazing because they havn't lost in custom for 10 games.

Warforger
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Well thanks for the resurrection of a flame bait thread.

Ranked isn't hard, I was able to get the 10 win streak achievement in one day and I only played against two people. And I got the achievement BEFORE I got to Veteran league. This was mostly because my opponets were using the same tactic every game, i.e. send paratroopers to my HQ and everytime I kept beating them.

stchris666
01-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by maikkelis95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stchris666:

Im going for platinum trophy so need to play every map on 2vs2 ranked. im on training league at ranked 2vs2, and i cant find ranked matches anymore http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

And why does everybody think that players who play only unraked matches are automatically noobs/bad players?

But i still think that i aint so bad player either... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we should get together with 2 other people and all look for a game,im also only training leauge on 2vs2.

So anyone else out there want to play some 2vs2 ranked matches add me

psn: stchris666

freefall75
01-09-2011, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maikkelis95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stchris666:

But i still think that i aint so bad player either... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we should get together with 2 other people and all look for a game,im also only training leauge on 2vs2.

So anyone else out there want to play some 2vs2 ranked matches add me

psn: stchris666 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im in Vetran 2v2 we could end up playing

stchris666
01-09-2011, 01:12 PM
hi freeall75,im pretty shaw ive already got you as a freing so next time we both on i will send you a message and both search for a 2vs2 ranked.

I think we will find if 2 of us are waiting we are more likly to find a game.As if another person is looking and join a lobby with 2 people already waiting for a game tey are more likly to wait around,lol.

freefall75
01-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Ok

I'll be on about 4pm uk time tommorow maybe 7:30am tommorrow morning for half an hour then I'll have to stop trying to catch thoose Italian tanks and catch the 8:30 bus lol.

Edit: Yeah i have got you as a freind.

InfiniteStates
01-10-2011, 03:24 AM
Again Chris, give me a shout if you need numbers. I'll give ranked 2v2 a shot. I think I'm somewhere between 10 and 20 level...

Originally posted by Warforger:
Ranked isn't hard, I was able to get the 10 win streak achievement in one day and I only played against two people. And I got the achievement BEFORE I got to Veteran league. This was mostly because my opponets were using the same tactic every game, i.e. send paratroopers to my HQ and everytime I kept beating them.
The majority of your post contradicts the first statement... The only challenge to getting a 10 win streak before Veteran league against 2 opponents who use the same tactic is hoping no one disconnects and resets your rank. I think stating that "ranked isn't hard" at this stage may be a touch pre-mature...

stchris666
01-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Ok

I'll be on about 4pm uk time tommorow maybe 7:30am tommorrow morning for half an hour then I'll have to stop trying to catch thoose Italian tanks and catch the 8:30 bus lol.

Edit: Yeah i have got you as a freind.

Cool i should be on @ 4pm as got a half day @ work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

And i will give you a shout bp,hope im with you and not against you tho,lol.

soljay
01-10-2011, 09:01 AM
I have NO problem with players enjoying ANY mode that they are the most comfortable with for any reason..

However, I will tell you straightup, that RANKED matches are where you will find the most challenging games and the BEST players.

It just fact y'all.

So, if you think u a bada$$ player, hop on ranked and prove it. Be patient and work your way up to the higher leagues. You will see.....

freefall75
01-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks to stchris and maikkelis for the ranked 2v2s tonight and for the opourtunity to play GimbleFin for the 3rd time and beats him for the 2nd time.

p.s. this shows if you get 2-4 people going on at the same time and are around the same rank you can get a ranked 2v2.

maikkelis95
01-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks to stchris and maikkelis for the ranked 2v2s tonight and for the opourtunity to play GimbleFin for the 3rd time and beats him for the 2nd time.

p.s. this shows if you get 2-4 people going on at the same time and are around the same rank you can get a ranked 2v2. Thanks to you also. Damn strich you are good.

stchris666
01-10-2011, 01:57 PM

p.s. this shows if you get 2-4 people going on at the same time and are around the same rank you can get a ranked 2v2.

No probs freefall75,was good to get some 2vs2 under my belt,didnt get all the maps done tho so will be on again tomorrow night hopefully.

Hope to see you there too.

stchris666
01-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by maikkelis95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freefall75:

p.s. this shows if you get 2-4 people going on at the same time and are around the same rank you can get a ranked 2v2. Thanks to you also. Damn strich you are good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers maikkelis95,its a bit of luck involved aswell,all its going to take is someone to start with the right stratagy & i will be on the ropes.

maikkelis95
01-11-2011, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maikkelis95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freefall75:

p.s. this shows if you get 2-4 people going on at the same time and are around the same rank you can get a ranked 2v2. Thanks to you also. Damn strich you are good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers maikkelis95,its a bit of luck involved aswell,all its going to take is someone to start with the right stratagy & i will be on the ropes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I found a great strategy with the russians today, and now slowly rising up the ranks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Deton_van_Zan
01-14-2011, 05:58 PM
im in silver league in 2vs2 championship, all by myself thou.. cant find a game or a 2/4 ever since i got here.. what should i do ...

stchris666
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
we had 3 freinds all around the same level searching for a game the other night & it still took a age to get one.

If theres any new players who want to eventually get to the elite leauge my advice would be to do it on 1vs1 as there seems to be more people playing that.

Deton_van_Zan
01-16-2011, 01:57 AM
hey chris666 thx for the advice im try look for 3 other friends to play with rank 2v2

stchris666
01-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Deton_van_Zan:
hey chris666 thx for the advice im try look for 3 other friends to play with rank 2v2

No probs,im always up for a ranked game so if you see me online give me a shout.