PDA

View Full Version : ==New Features/Options WISH LIST==

TAGERT.
01-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Note this is NOT A BUG fix or ADD AIRCRAFT wish list. There are plenty of those around here.

WISH # 1: Don't Fix the test runway bug! As a mater of fact expand on it! Allow us to selected the height that the planes will auto start at!! This BUG is the best new FEATURE to come along in the FMB sense day one! The ability to have some planes start on the ground (fighters) and some start in the air (bombers) really opens up the opportunity to make some interesting online DF missions. Check out greatergreen sometime if you don't know what I'm talking about.

WISH # 2: When auto level is activated in bombers the rudder is disabled. Therefore to make heading corrections you have to disable auto level, which usually messes up your alt and speed, make the heading correction, go back into the bombsight view to see if the correction was enough or too much, repeat until you get it right. So, please, don't disable the rudder when you enable auto level.

WISH # 3: AI planes can only be used when externals are enabled. This is because the AI planes don't have a cockpit view. Having externals enabled causes a lot of problems for some servers. So, please, for AI planes make the cockpitless Wonder Woman view the cockpit view for all AI planes. This would allow us to use bombers like the B17 and B29 in servers with externals disabled.

WISH # 4: multis station aircraft, like bombers, allow you to jump from one gun station to the next. But, should you get killed while at one of these stations you can not jump to another station where and take over. You should be able to jump to any station and man it as long at that person at that station is not dead.

WISH # 5: Allow externals to be enabled while on the ground during taxi but auto disabled once the wheels leave the ground. This would eliminate a lot of the taxi deaths

WISH # 6: The test runways and CV have a real spawn issue problem. Is there a way to address this? I don't know what would be best, but something needs to be done. If you look close.. The GUI will show you the spawn point.. But.. the GUI is not transparent enough to allow you to see it clearly.. I don't know, anything would be better than what we have now. In that some servers can not enable auto friendly kill kicks for dweebs that kill there own on purpose because of some much of it happining during spawning.

WISH # 7: Replace the kill point system with a simple kill count display.

There is more things for sure.. note most of what I'm asking for does not require the makings of something new.. Just selectively enabling things that all ready exist.

PS for you out there that feel the need to tell me you don't like the idea(s).. Before you do, keep in mind that these should all be implemented as options.. If you don't like it, don't use it, it is that simple! I don't care what you *think* enabling things like the WW view to an AI plane would do to the servers.. I'm sure there will be plenty that wont make use of these new options.. But don't keep the rest of us from enjoying them.

BBB_Hyperion
01-19-2005, 07:56 PM
You can trim on auto level that helps. But yaw steering would be nice to some degree.

I completely disagree with point 7 as there are other points to get than from shooting airplanes. However the point system could need some tweaking.

The Ai thing have been suggested several times didnt happen yet .(

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

LEXX_Luthor
01-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Good presentation Tag

What is kill count display? If you mean team score, sounds good.

I suggest Patch out the individual Brownie Point kill count. Total team score, Red and Blue, should matter. That may help (a little) to bring some realistic behavior to the internet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

harryklein66
01-19-2005, 08:34 PM
i think he mean 1 kill = 1 kill not 100pts
but a total team score is a very very good idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
and whish 1: please make "target marker"
avaliable for df mission (maybe the base marker
could have a set target parameter like for waypoint) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Willey
01-19-2005, 09:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TAGERT.:
_WISH # 1:_ Don't Fix the test runway bug! As a mater of fact expand on it! Allow us to selected the height that the planes will auto start at!! This BUG is the best new FEATURE to come along in the FMB sense day one! The ability to have some planes start on the ground (fighters) and some start in the air (bombers) really opens up the opportunity to make some interesting online DF missions. Check out greatergreen sometime if you don't know what I'm talking about. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fix it! But: Add a special "airstrip" type object that you can put anywhere and let us set the spawn altitude there. So we have both airfields and airstart possibility http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>_WISH # 2:_ When auto level is activated in bombers the rudder is disabled. Therefore to make heading corrections you have to disable auto level, which usually messes up your alt and speed, make the heading correction, go back into the bombsight view to see if the correction was enough or too much, repeat until you get it right. So, please, don't disable the rudder when you enable auto level. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It works with trim... but I want to see it enhanced. Copy WarBirds system. Autolevel + Stick input for corrections on all axes. 100% left/right = 30? bank. 100% up/down = 20? pitch. And of course the rudder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>_WISH # 7:_ Replace the kill point system with a simple kill count display. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, either make a proper score system that takes everything into account (more points for harder targets/late war types, ie 35 for a Hurri I and 75 for a La-7 and such - count hit/ammo shot in score, a good gunner should get some kind of reward for it - score for landings) or leave it and just replace it by a table that lists airkills, cars, tanks, LAF, crashes etc.

WUAF_Badsight
01-19-2005, 09:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TAGERT.:
_WISH # 3:_ AI planes can only be used when externals are enabled. This is because the AI planes don't have a cockpit view. Having externals enabled causes a lot of problems for some servers. So, please, for AI planes make the cockpitless Wonder Woman view the cockpit view for all AI planes. This would allow us to use bombers like the B17 and B29 in servers with externals disabled. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
this wish bears repeating . . . (imo)

TAGERT.
01-20-2005, 12:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willey:
Fix it! But: Add a special "airstrip" type object that you can put anywhere and let us set the spawn altitude there. So we have both airfields and airstart possibility <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is what Im saying! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willey:
It works with trim... but I want to see it enhanced. Copy WarBirds system. Autolevel + Stick input for corrections on all axes. 100% left/right = 30? bank. 100% up/down = 20? pitch. And of course the rudder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Trim sucks imho.. too clunky.. but it is an option for some. Me I just want to use the rudder peddels.. That way I dont feel so bad for spending all that money on them.

Yeah, either make a proper score system that takes everything into account (more points for harder targets/late war types, ie 35 for a Hurri I and 75 for a La-7 and such - count hit/ammo shot in score, a good gunner should get some kind of reward for it - score for landings) or leave it and just replace it by a table that lists airkills, cars, tanks, LAF, crashes etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That would be cool.. but I for one would be happy with the WWII system.. one kill.. one count.. no points.. Makes it feel too much like a pin ball machine.. I fear someday I may pull the js too hard and the screen will display TILT and stop working. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Oh.. partial percentage kills would be cool too.. based on the amount of damage you contributed.. That would sure get rid of alot of he kill steelin cry babys.

WOLFMondo
01-20-2005, 01:58 AM
Nice points, The one about the kill score system would be a very good idea. Especially for the ground pounders.

Atzebrueck
01-20-2005, 03:44 AM
Good suggestions!
I especially like the one about the kill statistics.

Werre_Fsck
01-20-2005, 04:01 AM
My wish is they put live ammo in MG151/20 belts.
Now they're filled with marshmallows.

JG53Frankyboy
01-20-2005, 05:10 AM
_WISH # 3:_ AI planes can only be used when externals are enabled. This is because the AI planes don't have a cockpit view. Having externals enabled causes a lot of problems for some servers. So, please, for AI planes make the cockpitless Wonder Woman view the cockpit view for all AI planes. This would allow us to use bombers like the B17 and B29 in servers with externals disabled.
....................._ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AI bombers without bombsight , not usefull -> no thx

AI fighters with strange FM -> no thx

Sig.Hirsch
01-20-2005, 06:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
_WISH # 3:_ AI planes can only be used when externals are enabled. This is because the AI planes don't have a cockpit view. Having externals enabled causes a lot of problems for some servers. So, please, for AI planes make the cockpitless Wonder Woman view the cockpit view for all AI planes. This would allow us to use bombers like the B17 and B29 in servers with externals disabled.
....................._ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AI bombers without bombsight , not usefull -> no thx

AI fighters with strange FM -> no thx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Agree with Frankyboy obviously , like in Lock on , i prefer not to have a plane flyable if the FM is not realistic rather than having F-22 ,Rafale or F-35 flying like a UFO .

my wishlist for the planes i fly 80% of the time :

MG151/20 still weak , 109 K4 elevator still seriously porked and turning in 34 sec at 6000m , 190 D9 still porked for his speed at altitude , Ju-87 DM still seriously porked and shaking like hell when firing 7.92mm , 190 bar still here , 190 still unflyable after taking a few MG bullets whatever where they hit , Daimler Benz engine still a zippo etc...

cheers ,

TAGERT.
01-20-2005, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
AI bombers without bombsight , not usefull -> no thx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, forgot to put that in.. Along with the WW view as the cockpit view include the bomb sight too. Again, nothing new to draw up 3D wise, in that both the WW view and bomb sight views exist.. They just need to be enalbed/added to the AI planes so they can be flow from within.

AI fighters with strange FM -> no thx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I guess you missed the PS at the end of my orginal post? Anyway, Ill address this in the hopes that it will foil anyone else who feels the need to tell others how to enjoy this sim. If it is possiable to do all the wishes for just the bombers I personally would be ok with it.. But, SOME people enjoy flying the AI fighters too.. I for one would not what to tell them how to enjoy the sim.. If they want to make use of the option to fly the AI fithers via WW view so be it.. Just dont expect me to join thier server for the very reaon you pointed out. The AI FM's are very strange.

TAGERT.
01-20-2005, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sig.Hirsch:
I Agree with Frankyboy obviously , like in Lock on , i prefer not to have a plane flyable if the FM is not realistic rather than having F-22 ,Rafale or F-35 flying like a UFO . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well before this gets out of hand allow me to repost the PS from my orginal post...

PS for you out there that feel the need to tell me you don't like the idea(s).. Before you do, keep in mind that these should all be implemented as options.. If you don't like it, don't use it, it is that simple! I don't care what you *think* enabling things like the WW view to an AI plane would do to the servers.. I'm sure there will be plenty that wont make use of these new options.. But don't keep the rest of us from enjoying them.

Here is how it works.. Some people enjoy flying AI fighters with WW views.. Some dont. The ones that enjoy it would join said server and be allowed to ejoy it.. The ones that dont would not join.. Simple.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sig.Hirsch:
my wishlist for the planes i fly 80% of the time :

MG151/20 still weak , 109 K4 elevator still seriously porked and turning in 34 sec at 6000m , 190 D9 still porked for his speed at altitude , Ju-87 DM still seriously porked and shaking like hell when firing 7.92mm , 190 bar still here , 190 still unflyable after taking a few MG bullets whatever where they hit , Daimler Benz engine still a zippo etc...

cheers , <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There are plenty of threads out there for you to talk about things you *feel* are BUGS. Please take them there.. Before you do, allow me to give you a little heads up, Consider including some data to suport your *feelings*. Otherwise people will call you a whiner! For example, stating that you *feel* the MG151/20 are still weak is neat and all.. And some people who dont give it much thought and/or are poor shots might agree with you. But, people in the know will just smile and relaise that you have presented nothing to prove your point. On that note.. Oleg is one of those people.. You will need to present something other than your *feelings* to Oleg if you expect him to change them.. As many like Gibbage did during the whole 50 cal debates.

AWL_Spinner
01-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Nice list Tagert.

#4 Re: Bomber stations.

Was in a B25 (an aircraft with dual controls) the other day and my pilot got killed by a freak bullet through the skull. The plane was undamaged and despite there being several crew in the vicinity of the cockpit, all of whom probably knew that pulling the stick makes the plane go up, the aircraft nosed over in a rapid arc from 15,000ft and was soon a smoking hole in the countryside.

What do we think about allowing the navigator control of the aircraft if the pilot dies? Realistic or not? I'm undecided. Maybe a compromise where control is limited in some way. Even if just to maintain straight and level to allow a crew bailout, which wasn't the case in this screaming nosedive.

Appreciate this is probably off the cards for PF but mebbe a consideration for BoB.

Thoughts?

TAGERT.
01-20-2005, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:
Nice list Tagert.

#4 Re: Bomber stations.

Was in a B25 (an aircraft with dual controls) the other day and my pilot got killed by a freak bullet through the skull. The plane was undamaged and despite there being several crew in the vicinity of the cockpit, all of whom probably knew that pulling the stick makes the plane go up, the aircraft nosed over in a rapid arc from 15,000ft and was soon a smoking hole in the countryside.

What do we think about allowing the navigator control of the aircraft if the pilot dies? Realistic or not? I'm undecided. Maybe a compromise where control is limited in some way. Even if just to maintain straight and level to allow a crew bailout, which wasn't the case in this screaming nosedive.

Appreciate this is probably off the cards for PF but mebbe a consideration for BoB.

Thoughts? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is a good point! I forgot the part about there being two pilots in alot of these birds.. I forgot about it because they dont allow us to jump to those positions. I dont know how hard it would be to enable the copilot position.. but it is a good argument for allowing the main pilot to die twice.. As if the copilot or nav guy took over the controls

MZ6
01-20-2005, 09:10 AM
10 points for a carrier landing in online games

AWL_Spinner
01-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Ok, while we're at it, 500 points for an online carrier landing with no ailerons like I managed last night. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

clint-ruin
01-20-2005, 09:37 AM
You should post the Tagert manifesto to pf@1c.ru and maybe ask Ivan to get Oleg to take a look. Some good ideas on this.

WOLFMondo
01-20-2005, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MZ6:
10 points for a carrier landing in online games <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like it so theres no points.
Just:
no. of aircraft destroyed
no. of ground targets destoyed and type destroyed(including planes vulched or parked up)
no. of aircraft lost
no. of bails
no. of deaths

Vipez-
01-20-2005, 10:08 AM
I second to this:

_WISH # 4:_ multis station aircraft, like bombers, allow you to jump from one gun station to the next. But, should you get killed while at one of these stations you can not jump to another station where and take over. You should be able to jump to any station and man it as long at that person at that station is not dead.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Wish #9, Fix MG151/20 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chuck_Older
01-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Wishes:

Fix for (very Old!) USAAF P-51 markings bug

Fix for H81A-2 Allison hp figures (since the H81A-2 we have is AVG by default, the plane should get the engine the AVG planes had)

Fix for poor AI squadmate control/behavior (like when you tell them to break, and they don't, or thell them to attack, and they don't, or you tell them 'cover me' and they say "OK", but are actually in the process of belly landing)

Vortex_uk
01-20-2005, 10:26 AM
To be able to set a time for the new lights to be turned on/off,like the timeout on the AAA.

Triple_AA
01-20-2005, 12:57 PM
*Wind socks at the field, moving with wind direction. (At least for Bob.)

*1 acre sized 3D "Forest" objects for mission builders.

*"Crater" objects for dressing up airfields etc.

Sig.Hirsch
01-20-2005, 01:01 PM
hmmmm ...

Tagert , take a deep breath before posting , it was a wishlist thread , that was mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Proofs of Mauser weakness ingame are way more numerous than Gibbage's assertions about .50 cal, if you remember well , Oleg said himself he tweaked it under pressure and it wasn't correct.

Good thread though , sorry to disagree with you on some points but "wishlist" for me meant "what do you want to be fixed ".

cheers ,

Loki-PF
01-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Hell, I'd just be happy if 42 vintage wildcat could dive away from the same year zero or out roll one at speed...

JG7_Rall
01-20-2005, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MZ6:
10 points for a carrier landing in online games <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like it so theres no points.
Just:
no. of aircraft destroyed
no. of ground targets destoyed and type destroyed(including planes vulched or parked up)
no. of aircraft lost
no. of bails
no. of deaths <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect.

I'm also interested in fixing the 20mm. It'd also be nice to have this gun for the late 109's too. I'm sure many pilots would use it, and the mk108 whines would go away.

Edit: Well, they'd ALMOST go away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Triple_AA
01-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Smooth out AI escorts. They are highly erratic in their course changes and neary impossible to follow.

Just watching them make their drastic turns as they go back and fourth above the bombers takes away from immersion.

heywooood
01-20-2005, 08:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Loki-PF:
Hell, I'd just be happy if 42 vintage wildcat could dive away from the same year zero or out roll one at speed... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed....*sigh*

JG53Frankyboy
01-20-2005, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Loki-PF:
Hell, I'd just be happy if 42 vintage wildcat could dive away from the same year zero or out roll one at speed... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed....*sigh* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

did anyone recognized the new max dive speed of the F4Fs after 3.04 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
it got a 100km/h IAS plus = ~860km/h IAS now

Zeke-21 is ~650km/h IAS

heywooood
01-20-2005, 08:28 PM
really?... I have to admit - I haven't tried the 3.04 kegger yet....cya

TAGERT.
01-20-2005, 11:52 PM
hmmmm ...

Tagert , take a deep breath before posting, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No need

it was a wishlist thread , that was mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, yours was a unfounded bug list. Mine was a wish list for new options.

Proofs of Mauser weakness ingame are way more numerous than Gibbage's assertions about .50 cal, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If they were so numerous than it should be a simple mater to post one or two of them here.. Along with their source... Yet you did not? Therefore all I can conclude is that talk is cheap.

if you remember well, Oleg said himself he tweaked it under pressure and it wasn't correct. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you remember well, Oleg has never really admited to being wrong on anything.. Thus it is easy to understand why he would use that excuse.

Good thread though , sorry to disagree with you on some points but "wishlist" for me meant "what do you want to be fixed ". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well know you know better.

Fehler
01-21-2005, 01:26 AM
I really like the idea of revamping the points system. A simple listing of aircraft, soft ground, tank, and/or shipping kills would be sufficient.

Most of the other options I probably wouldnt use or even care about, but all these ideas would make the game better for some, so, why not?

cygfrain
01-21-2005, 03:47 AM
I'd like to see:-

A display for

Number of hits/Number of rounds fired.
Number of kills per flight.

On the Hud (say over the bearing in bottom left corner of screen) and for this facility to be available offline.

I think this would be useful for "training."

T_Rom
01-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Please fix DOTS. They have become invisible against ground. If you can't fix them, at least increase MP_DOTRANGE default setting!! Because online wars are always played with default settings.

Thank you sir!

NorrisMcWhirter
01-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi,

*Bug* fixes:
1. 151/20. Irrespective of biased thinking, there are enough people concerned about it to at least warrant some kind of comment from Oleg before any final patch is delivered as to why/if there is any large discrepancy between it and Hispano if for no other reason than to clear things up once and for all.

2. 190 "out of fuel" problem.

Wish list (options)
1. Arrows in cockpit on view.
2. Arrows decoupled from current scheme so the distance they appear at may be set independently of dot range
3. Quota limits for aircraft types in the air (DF) at any one time.

Norris

Sturm_Williger
01-23-2005, 04:15 PM
A lot of what Tagert listed makes sense to me (and I'm one of the guys who doesn't do much online coop flying ).

Personally I also would like to see the kill system revamped to show what you killed and how many rounds it took etc. as put forward by WOLFMondo & Fehler.

In the world of nice-to-haves, that would be high up for me and I think would appeal to the offline crowd as well.

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2005, 05:13 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Hello,

I wish:

A Tempest and a Mosquito.

That is all folks, nothing else, thanks.

Have a nice day.

Paulun.

carguy_
01-24-2005, 05:22 AM
1.Add a comm option "Control Tower--->give staffel/schwarm position" for escort missions.Bombers often get lost by the escort.

2.Add MG151/20 loadout option to G10 and G14.

3.Add ammo belt selection.

4.Add offline campaign customisation commands.

5.Make bomber gunners vulnerable to enemy plane fire.The persistent Pe2 gunner being one of them.

I know for some the code requires more work but those are my wishes.

bigchump
01-24-2005, 07:58 AM
I wish for a map editor.

Recon_609IAP
01-24-2005, 08:37 AM
All "points" should be reset to 0 on capture or death.

I wish AI would tell us where they are - perhaps a grid and altitude. Asking for help without location is bad. Maybe for newbie AI, but more advanced AI need to have better communication skills http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Same with ground units under attack.

Would make it seem less like flying by myself with all these other pilots with me.

Would even be interesting if it did for humans as well, since online it's chaotic without everyone on good comms.

WOLFMondo
01-25-2005, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
2. Arrows decoupled from current scheme so the distance they appear at may be _set independently of dot range <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im pretty sure this can be done already to some degree.

cygfrain
01-25-2005, 06:02 AM
I wish the be able to "fly" the Tempest V and Mosquito in IL2+FB+Pacific fighters as well please.

kutyaxxon
01-25-2005, 08:07 PM
hi i would like to see a flyable glider in the game

kutyaxxon
01-25-2005, 08:09 PM
and a jet with arrestor hook

Monty_Thrud
01-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Just a small suggestion here, could it be possible to have Aircraft shake (cockpit view) when flak explodes nearby and also have the clatter(sound) of the flak hitting the Aircraft...i've read about pilots accounts of this...just a little thing to add to the submersion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
01-26-2005, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
2. Arrows decoupled from current scheme so the distance they appear at may be _set independently of dot range <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im pretty sure this can be done already to some degree. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

Can you explain how or point me to a guide that suggests how to do this?

Cheers,
Norris

Punkfriday
01-26-2005, 04:18 PM
and a ventura http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

WOLFMondo
01-26-2005, 05:00 PM

Hi,

Cheers,
Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't remember exactly, its something to do with the set of variables you can edit with the DOT range etc.

I think when you manipulate these:
mp_dotrange FRIEND COLOR 0.5 TYPE 0.005 NAME 0.005 ID 3.5 RANGE 0.005
mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.005 TYPE 0.005 NAME 0.005 ID 0.005 RANGE 0.005

You can play around with them so the icon can be seen at the distance you set but the little triangle appears at a seperate, shorter distance. Its been along time since I fiddled with setting up a server so I could be wrong.

NorrisMcWhirter
01-27-2005, 01:42 AM

Hi,

Cheers,
Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't remember exactly, its something to do with the set of variables you can edit with the DOT range etc.

I think when you manipulate these:
mp_dotrange FRIEND COLOR 0.5 TYPE 0.005 NAME 0.005 ID 3.5 RANGE 0.005
mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.005 TYPE 0.005 NAME 0.005 ID 0.005 RANGE 0.005

You can play around with them so the icon can be seen at the distance you set but the little triangle appears at a seperate, shorter distance. Its been along time since I fiddled with setting up a server so I could be wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

You can change your icon types and distances by typing these variables in console in game the command syntax is:
mp_dotrange [FRIENDLY|FOE] [DEFAULT] [COLOR

<km>] [DOT <km>] [RANGE <km>] [TYPE <km>]
[ID <km>] [NAME <km>]

FRIENDLY or FOE keywords define which party the
following parameters apply to €" the aircraft of the

viewer€s army, or the aircraft of the hostile armies.
The following keys define the distance at which the appropriate icon is enabled:

* COLOR: The distance at which icons take the color of the inbound plane€s army. Icons farther away will be drawn in grey.
* DOT: The distance at which the €œdot€ plane marker becomes visible.
* RANGE: The distance at which the distance measurement appears in the icon.
* TYPE: The distance at which the airplane model or model family becomes visible.
* ID: The distance at which the tactical number is visible.
* NAME: The distance at which the aircraft€s pilot name is visible (if it is driven by a human pilot).

mp_dotrange DEFAULT restores the Pacific Fighters predefined icon setup.

mp_dotrange run without parameters prints the current icon setup ranges (which may be
issued by both client and server).

e.g mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 0.1 DOT 15 RANGE 5 TYPE 0.1 ID 0.1 NAME 2.5
This will give you friendly info at Aircraft dot at 15km range at 5km Pilot name 2.5km all other at 100metres

It was more to do with the dot and arrow. It was explained to me that enemy dots and enemy arrows were directly coupled. i.e. to make surprise bnz runs reasonable, the arrow range was set to 500m but this obviously caused problems as, if you were actually looking around, you wouldn't see the enemy aircraft appear until 500m, either (unfair). Is this the case?

However, from the info above, it should suggest that a setting to allow enemy dots to be seen at 15km but for their arrow (cockpit off) tp appear, along with additional info, at 500m:

mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.5 DOT 15 RANGE 0.5 TYPE 0.5 ID 0.5 NAME 0.5

?

Also, extra feature request:

Printscreen message. When someone presses the printscreen key, how about having this indicated by the server e.g.

"<player> has performed a printsceen."

This way, server admins can check the logs to resolve tiresome cheating disputes.

I do realise I've made a mistake in the printscreen message but left it in to make it more authentic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Norris

WOLFMondo
01-27-2005, 04:31 AM
I belive thats how to do it although the icon above the plane will only appear at 500m (which is fine if you like it more realistic). That 2-300m gap between the arrow appearing and the gain to firing range of the attacker is still enough to warn the person being attacked to pull a roll or positive/negative G manouver to put the BnZ'er of though.

I guess if you set the type and name to a seperate distance they would appear seperate to color (I think color might dictate the traingle) and triangle. So if thats correct you could have icons appear at 1 distance and the triangle appear at another irrespective of the DOT distance.

NorrisMcWhirter
01-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi,

I just tried this out...

The arrow and the distance that the enemy "dot" appears at are not independent; you can set the distance at which information appears regarding a dot but you cannot set the distance at which an arrow appears for a dot.

So, if your foe appears as a dot at 1.5km, then an arrow will also appear at this distance.

So, I think the request still stands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Cheers,
Norris

WOLFMondo
01-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Fair enough.

Triple_AA
01-27-2005, 11:38 AM
1) AI under your command, cannot leave and attack unless you order them to. They'll just split and leave you alone as things are now.

You should also be able to deploy them all at once or by individual flight.

2) On the "Toggle Comms" button. When it comes to multiple flights that include bombers, the command list should show whether its a bomber flight you're telling to attack enemy fighters, or your own fighters. Some times I can't tell which is which, and if I give the command for all flights to attack, it looks kind of stupid to see Stuka's trying to dog fight with Lagg's!

NorrisMcWhirter
01-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi,

Another one I thought of:

If you 'assume command' of a flight because 'more senior' members of it are killed, you can end up with n AI wingmen following you about who you cannot, effectively, control. So, when you land, they tend to crash into the ground near the airfield...Not so hot for dynamic campaigns where it's as important to ensure your teammates stay alive as it is to shoot things down.

Cheers,
Norris

rickster3459
01-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Allow the Me109F2 and F4 to carry bombs,as the real ones sometimes did.Also,a tally as-you-go kill scoring system of some kind.

Vortex_uk
01-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Extrenal bullet holes in glass and canopies?

Glass smashing/stattering when the plane goes into high speed dives when violent shaking (craking glass),explosion near by,when a/c bumps the ground,ect,ect.

And can we lose the completly iced up waters in the winter maps? Maybe an option to choose in the FMB, i.e:

-No ice coverage (No ice)

-Small ice coverage (Small amounts of ice formed up)

-Large ice coverage (Nearly all covered in ice)

-Complete ice coverage (Complete freezing over of rivers & lakes)

Monty_Thrud
01-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Yes Votex_UK this is something i would like to see aswell...atleast a winter map with uniced rivers and/or sea... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif...another one also to go with the one i posted above would be..when flying through the burning plumes of smoke, if you could get that swirling effect of the smoke from the propellor...that would be great...i know, i know...but it is a wish list http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif, its the little things like this and the improved water splashes that just add to the immersion baby YEAH! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Feathered_IV
01-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm wishing for a return of the FMB feature where you can drag the takeoff waypoint to any spot on the map and spawn wheels down. A lot of possibilities dissapeared when that feature was removed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif.

Huxley_S
01-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Some ideas for offline BoB campaigns:

More detailed briefings, including aerial photographs of ground targets etc.

How about missions where you fly photo recon missions and actually "take pictures" which you can view in the next mission briefing. Snapping pictures of enemy defenses would allow your intelligence bods to identify the kind of fortifications in place / types of aircraft at an airfield etc...

It would be good if recon photos, captured aircraft etc would add to a persistant pool of intelligence.

This info could be used to make briefings more detailed including information about what the ground targets look like, the kinds of enemy aircraft likely to be encountered and providing further info on tactics... e.g. the best way to attack formations of certain bombers or the area most likely to encounter enemy fighters.

Having this level of detail would not only add a lot to the immersion but would also be helpful to novice players.

Feathered_IV
01-30-2005, 05:54 AM
Oh, and another FMB feature where the recon bubble options has a tickbox feature allowing you to select a 3rd party sound file to play when you fly over it. These would be in a new folder in the PF directory. Also a little box on the same page that lets you type a corresponding piece of dialogue that will appear onscreen when you reach the recon point (and be visible at the same time as the spawned sound - if one is selected).

http://anime-templates.com/images2/Roruni%20Kenshin%20gifs/upload_236829.gif

Glen44
01-30-2005, 08:02 AM
make 1280*1024 1600*1200 resolution selectable in game setup.

Vortex_uk
02-01-2005, 09:57 AM
a feature for key to select open bomb-bay doors,so you have to open them before you can drop bombs,and not have it automaticly open when you release bombs.,in a/c like B-17,A-20,He-111 ect. bombers that have internal bomb storage.