PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Wanted

CoreySeidel
11-21-2010, 11:04 AM
So i think advanced wanted is so much better. People are so annoying in regular.

UnsentSoul
11-21-2010, 11:31 AM
I havent played it yet but i heard the only significant difference is the fact that your radar doesnt tell you up or down. I find it hard to believe that they would make a game mode just like regular wanted but a slight difference. Why not make wanted advanced a more genuine play then wanted?

berm87
11-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I completely agree, CoreySeidel. I started playing Advanced Wanted last night and it is so much better. I don't think I encountered a roof rover the entire time that I played! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wile E Coyoteee
11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
I would think advanced would actually cater to roofers, actually. The guy who keeps turning circles into the wall while I'm on the roof? That's my pursuer, cool! Now, I'll just sit up for a long time while I wait for my radar to show my target is close before going to the edge so he wont see me if he looks up. I'll then scan the crowd for a while and pick out the guy that's not moving like an npc, and take my sweet time in picking out which one I'm gonna go for, with less risk of being stabbed in the back on the roof.

Hell maybe I should go to advanced and be a roof camper, sounds nice, LoL. :P

Idk, I just don't think it would help the situation. Besides, it's funny to me in the normal mode watching my harlequin target sprint past me, and I just poison him on the way through, never breaking my stride or becoming a beacon for my pursuer, LoL. I've gotten fairly good at killing roofers now. You just stop for a second, figure out what direction they're going, and start walking to a roof half the map away in that direction. By the time you climb the roof, they'll be right there. Alot of times you'll catch them up there killing their target too, and they leave themselves wide open. Sometimes I wait till my radar is full and then climb up. It's great when they're in a kill animation because I can poison them unrivaled :P

bassguy12
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
I also heard in advanced that aerial kills are harder or something?

DatSoySauce
11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyotee:
I would think advanced would actually cater to roofers, actually. The guy who keeps turning circles into the wall while I'm on the roof? That's my pursuer, cool! Now, I'll just sit up for a long time while I wait for my radar to show my target is close before going to the edge so he wont see me if he looks up. I'll then scan the crowd for a while and pick out the guy that's not moving like an npc, and take my sweet time in picking out which one I'm gonna go for, with less risk of being stabbed in the back on the roof.

Idk, I just don't think it would help the situation. Besides, it's funny to me in the normal mode watching my harlequin target sprint past me, and I just poison him on the way through, never breaking my stride or becoming a beacon for my pursuer, LoL. I've gotten fairly good at killing roofers now. You just stop for a second, figure out what direction they're going, and start walking to a roof half the map away in that direction. By the time you climb the roof, they'll be right there. Alot of times you'll catch them up there killing their target too, and they leave themselves wide open. Sometimes I wait till my radar is full and then climb up. It's great when they're in a kill animation because I can poison them unrivaled :P

Sadly, you are correct. I just stick with regular wanted because of that. Kinda silly really.

And yes, the only significant difference is no Up or Down on the compass....Advanced, huh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ven_GencE999
11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by NinjaYourFaceUp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyotee:

Sadly, you are correct. I just stick with regular wanted because of that. Kinda silly really.

And yes, the only significant difference is no Up or Down on the compass....Advanced, huh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta disagree with you guys there as I've encountered roofers way more in Wanted than in AW. I find AW sooooo much more enjoyable due to more players playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

I didn't even notice the up/down indicator missing as if you are dwelling above me I just sit down and wait for them to come down or wait for another roofer to take them out. No need to stand out like an eyesore.

And I'm still able to rack up points with lures and stuns, it's win/win for me...

UnsentSoul
11-21-2010, 06:49 PM
This might just sound completely foolish but what about a timer for being on the roof? I would think that in most situations the roof only poses a good escape route and maybe thats what the developers thought too i dunno.

TW-Luna
11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by NinjaYourFaceUp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyotee:

And yes, the only significant difference is no Up or Down on the compass....Advanced, huh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone seems to be missing something here, I guess many of you really havent put that much time into A. Wanted.

The radar in regular Wanted will direct you to the target up until the point you are pretty much stepping on their heels.

The radar in A. Wanted not only doesnt have the up and down indicator. It will also direct you until you are about 20 ft to your target, and then the radar will circle out. From then on your only clue is the radar will light up if you are in visual range.

Ive seen so many people complain on this forum about not being able to hide in multiplayer. I cant tell the number of times someone has hit an npc thinking it was a player in the games Ive played.

As for the roof thing. You just have to get used to looking up if you are approaching a building while getting close to your target.

stealth995
11-21-2010, 10:17 PM
compass should have been less accurate in general not just up and down... that way people would actually have to follow and observe other people. also maybe 20 minute games...

yeah i played one game of advanced wanted and got shot by the gun about 7 times... said no thanks and never returnd. maybe i got unlucky though. if people dont sprint as much i will definitely play it more.

postwick
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by stealth995:
compass should have been less accurate in general not just up and down... that way people would actually have to follow and observe other people. also maybe 20 minute games...

yeah i played one game of advanced wanted and got shot by the gun about 7 times... said no thanks and never returnd. maybe i got unlucky though. if people dont sprint as much i will definitely play it more.

well if you want a less accurate radar, then Advanced Wanted is for you.

I played a few games of it this evening and it was great. fewer roof campers, a lot more stealth. first few games I came in 7th or 8th because the competition was so much better than what I was used to in regular Wanted.

you have to pay a LOT more attention to your surroundings and it's a lot more difficult to find your target.

Toxic_Crow_1
11-22-2010, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyotee:

That is way the game has range weapons. Also when the radar is full I listen to hear if some is on the roof and most time is my prey.

luth411
11-22-2010, 08:44 AM
I can't agree with the general mood of this thread. Advanced wanted mode is a different game in many ways. The changes are subtle and few, but they effect different play styles.

First thing to point out is that there are two differences in advanced wanted relative to just wanted mode. The compass doesn't specify the vertical, and it's much, much less accurate. By less accurate, I mean that the reticle "widens" at a much greater distance from the contract. So you could walk into an open space with the compass full and blinking, but the contract isn't necessarily in the immediate area. It's much more difficult to pick out the one "obvious" model that is your contract.

Without the vertical indicator, you must be much more wary. Depending on the map, the target could be on one of two or three elevations. With a stairwell that has your contract persona on each level...it's hard to know for sure who you're after.

As far as roof campers having the advantage- I don't see how that's true. They're much easier to identify as your target. If I'm looking for the thief, and there's one jumping around on a roof....well I just lock onto him and it's only a matter of time before I have the opportunity to strike.

Advanced wanted mode plays much more like the game should be played (i.e. the way you gain the most points). You are constantly trying to lure your pursuers out of incognito as well as looking for your mark using less accurate information (and thus requiring more accurate observation). Normal wanted mode is just training mode. It's your only game mode for the first handful of levels. The point is just to get used to the pace, the maps, the interface and the basic strategies and tools.

Munktor
11-22-2010, 08:54 AM
I feel wanted mode in general is pretty horrible personally.

Manhunt & Alliance are far superior modes for the cat n mouse gameplay. Wanted is just a run around spam kill fest. I know some of you may have had a better experience with wanted but literally every single time I played that mode I could see everyone running about like loons and despite the fact i'd get 3 to 4 stealth kills and little to no deaths i'd still lose being quantity > quality.

Think about it if you get 3 to 4 kills at 300-400 points each but others get 9 to 10 kills at 100 to 200 each you still lose.

Manhunt & Alliance with RL friends/teammates makes much more sense for the cat n mouse gameplay imho.

luth411
11-22-2010, 09:00 AM
I can't agree that quantity scores better than quality. I can get over 1000 points from two kills which would take 8-10 kills with no bonuses. And that's assuming I'm getting killed by my pursuers.

Usually, players that use reckless abandon as their primary strategy find themselves eating my fist and kissing dirt most of the match. I've won games with 0 kills.

Anyone racking up crap 100 pt contracts is never going to beat someone playing with strategy.

Munktor
11-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Munktor:
I feel wanted mode in general is pretty horrible personally.

Manhunt & Alliance are far superior modes for the cat n mouse gameplay. Wanted is just a run around spam kill fest. I know some of you may have had a better experience with wanted but literally every single time I played that mode I could see everyone running about like loons and despite the fact i'd get 3 to 4 stealth kills and little to no deaths i'd still lose being quantity > quality.

Think about it if you get 3 to 4 kills at 300-400 points each but others get 9 to 10 kills at 100 to 200 each you still lose.

Manhunt & Alliance with RL friends/teammates makes much more sense for the cat n mouse gameplay imho.

I disagree, and if there was online rankings site where we could all view our stats I could confirm my "shenanigans" assumption to your post.

There are so many people running around like spazzes in wanted because it isn't racking up XP and points for them.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Last Advanced Wanted match I played, stats boil down like so.

1st place had 8 kills and something like 5000 points.

2nd (me) had 4 kills, and 1000 of my 3400 points were from stuns. 2 while firecrackered.

3rd had 9 kills for 1200 points.

Everyone else was running around getting slaughtered by the top three and had less than 1000 points.

SirPhist
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
There's not enough penalty for killing civilians. And I think it should be a really big penalty.

AK.Knastcore
11-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Timberwolf87:

Everyone seems to be missing something here, I guess many of you really havent put that much time into A. Wanted.

The radar in regular Wanted will direct you to the target up until the point you are pretty much stepping on their heels.

The radar in A. Wanted not only doesnt have the up and down indicator. It will also direct you until you are about 20 ft to your target, and then the radar will circle out. From then on your only clue is the radar will light up if you are in visual range.

Ive seen so many people complain on this forum about not being able to hide in multiplayer. I cant tell the number of times someone has hit an npc thinking it was a player in the games Ive played.

As for the roof thing. You just have to get used to looking up if you are approaching a building while getting close to your target.

HEy guys he is right, i have an PAck with pistol equippt and when i see this is a match with many roof runner, i shoot the away like birds, if itīs the kind of guy standing in the middle of the roof and wait, he will probably donīt watch his back all the time, and on the otherhand these guy donīt make much poits at all so itīs allways great to have them. they will mostly make around 2000 points, and theyīre mostly bad in stealth and finding a hidden, so i just swimm with the swarm do just 4/5 kills but this will give you enough points to be on the podium

R_Panda
11-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Advanced Wanted will make you a better player. That's all I have to say that hasn't been said already.