PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here go to the Moscow VE Day parade ?

Capt._Tenneal
05-09-2005, 09:38 AM
It's all over the news today. That's also the one where all the present day leaders of all the major WW II countries have attended.

I wanted to find out if any WW II era VVS planes made a fly-by or whatnot. I've seen pictures of modern jets doing a fly-by and troops marching in WW II era uniforms carrying Nagants, but no word on any Yaks, Lavoichkins or Sturmoviks making an appearance.

Capt._Tenneal
05-09-2005, 09:38 AM
It's all over the news today. That's also the one where all the present day leaders of all the major WW II countries have attended.

I wanted to find out if any WW II era VVS planes made a fly-by or whatnot. I've seen pictures of modern jets doing a fly-by and troops marching in WW II era uniforms carrying Nagants, but no word on any Yaks, Lavoichkins or Sturmoviks making an appearance.

noshens
05-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Are there any videos? Where did you see pictures?

crazyivan1970
05-09-2005, 10:59 AM
i almost made it... it was life on TV...but accidently fell asleep 30 min before it started http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif dang shame. Parade started at 10am Moscow time which was 2am local time. I`m getting old. Hope they will show it again.