PDA

View Full Version : ? Stick settings ?

BaldieJr
08-24-2007, 02:29 PM
I recall some discussion of multiple stick profiles for multiple planes. Was this ever implemented by anyone?

BaldieJr
08-24-2007, 02:29 PM
I recall some discussion of multiple stick profiles for multiple planes. Was this ever implemented by anyone?

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I heard that too. I never did it though

To make a confession, on three different PCs, I have never once changed any setting except to add some filtering on one single occasion, to fix and banish my (so-called) "wobbles". It just took a tiny bit of filtering, too

It is interesting to note that this was on my last PC. On my new PC, I have not changed anything- but the planes feel exactly the same as they always had up to my one single "wobble" experience, and without adding that filtering on the new machine (I had '46 on both and I am using the same controller still), I see no issues

It makes sense to use different setting for different planes- I just have no notion about how to determine what those settings should be!

FoolTrottel
08-24-2007, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Was this ever implemented by anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It might have been.

But it's cumbersome.
Using IL2-Sticks or JoyControl one can create and store stick sensitivity profiles for each and every plane.

The trouble is, you need to load that specific profile into IL2Sticks/JoyControl then save it to conf.ini before you start IL2.

So, you need to be absolutely sure what plane you are gonna fly before you can read mission brief's details...

DKoor
08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
It's easiest to use IL-2 Stiks.......change yer profile in a matter of seconds.

BTW I use 100 for everything works really well.

BaldieJr
08-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Ok then this thread should serve as public notification that I have taken this on as a project.

Objectives:
Application will utilize devicelink, allowing automatic loading of pitch/roll profiles based on plane.

If no profile is found for a given plane it will use a default profile similar to "Olegs stick settings".

Users will be able to share profiles.

Other features will be implemented based on user feedback.

FoolTrottel
08-25-2007, 03:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Application will utilize devicelink, allowing automatic loading of pitch/roll profiles based on plane. If no profile is found for a given plane it will use a default profile similar to "Olegs stick settings". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gifGreat idea!

- What if you prepare it for setting not only set Stick sensitivities, but also other control (button/key) settings... (bombsight button/key settings for bombers...)

- As far as I know, stick settings are being loaded by the game at startup... make sure you find a way to solve/work around this issue before you put too much effort in it all... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Chris0382
08-25-2007, 05:58 AM
In CH Manager you can adjust the axis sensitivity. Some planes are more sensitive than others and may respond well to an adjustment of the X-Axis sensitivity.

BaldieJr
08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- As far as I know, stick settings are being loaded by the game at startup... make sure you find a way to solve/work around this issue before you put too much effort in it all... Surprised </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no problem.