PDA

View Full Version : "Banzai" Addon for Pacific Fighters

walsh2509
05-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Banzai! Expansion for Pacific Fighters Goes Gold

New Expansion for Pacific Fighters Brings Massive New Content.

Matrix Games and X1 Software (www.x1software.com (http://www.x1software.com)) announced today that Banzai!, their newest IL-2 Sturmovikâ"ž˘ series expansion (for Pacific Fightersâ"ž˘), has gone gold and will soon be available for sale from the Matrix Games website. Banzai will require the previously installed software of Pacific Fightersâ"ž˘.

Banzai takes you to the Pacific Rim with style. Fly famous aircrafts such as the A6M Zero and the Corsair as you engage the enemy over land and sea. You’ll be charged with the tasks of taking out enemy ships, defending your fleet, and strafing land targets! You can fly for the United States, Australia, or Japan in over 320 hand-made missions! Best of all, with over 100 multiplayer missions and a dedicated server from X1 Software you’ll never be lonely while flying high.

Banzai is an expansion for Pacific Fightersâ"ž˘ and requires Pacific Fightersâ"ž˘ to operate. IL-2 Sturmovikâ"ž˘ and Pacific Fightersâ"ž˘ are registered trademarks of Ubisoft.

Banzai! is not officially produced or endorsed by Ubisoft or any other third party. To find out more about Pacific Fighters visit www.pacific-fighters.com (http://www.pacific-fighters.com). To learn more about Banzai! from Matrix Games visit www.matrixgames.com (http://www.matrixgames.com).
Click here for game information on 'Banzai! : For Pacific Fighters'.

Q? Is this just a Missions based Addon or are there planes involed?

http://www.matrixgames.com/

LEXX_Luthor
05-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Q? Is this just a Missions based Addon or are there planes involed?
A: When you see plastic bottle of "Orange Juice" and the label does not mention Vitamin C...

Even without the Vitamins, a 3rd Partie mission or campaign addon can be worth alot, especially that initial un~patched PF missions and campaigns came porked. Somebody will be the first to try this one, and if its good...

RiesenSchnauzer
05-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I would never buy an add-on without new planes. If it was stocked out with late war US planes I would be first in line with my CC.

heywooood
05-10-2005, 10:15 PM
It is one key difference between online and offline players.

These cd's are great for offline players that dont want to mess with the FMB and who dont care to fly missions they made for themselves (there are no surprises in these)..or risk downloading off of the 'internets' as 'W' calls it.

Battle over Europe is very good and Fall Blau is supposed to be good too - also TLD

So if you fly offline alot - you should buy them or at least look into it. They usually are well done with alot of effort on the part of the people who made them.

han freak solo
05-10-2005, 10:45 PM
I've been waiting for when this is actually for sale. When? When? When?

Offliner here and proud of it (no choice, really). "Doing the 56K dance"

Enforcer572005
05-10-2005, 11:52 PM
If they come up with some appropriate ships (like that japanese fella's cruiser I saw on another post a few pages back) Id buy it in a second. Some cruisers and destroyers for the 3 countries primarily involved are need worse than anything else in this. I dont think there will be any planes, because 1C has to do the flgiht models. Since theres no FMs for ships (they just go forward), I wonder if that could even be done. I would surely buy it.

csThor
05-11-2005, 12:13 AM
AddOns like this cannot introduce new objects - any new objects must come via Maddox Games.

TooCooL34
05-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Product like this is key element of completing masterpiece.
Remember PF's low review score was mainly due to boring dynamic(??) campaign, and small number of offline missions.
I like both online and offline play and their products are great! Now I can finally enjoy Pacific fighers offline.

JunkoIfurita
05-11-2005, 03:58 AM
So somebody front up and buy it already http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Requiring extra objects/aircraft as a requirement for purchasing 3rd party add-ons is a fruitless exercise - as was mentioned this is a closed source game. It's all about quality control http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mission add-ons are where it's at, and I'll always be on the look out. That being said, I wasn't partiularly happy with BoE: I paid more than the original Gold Pack for it, and it was just another set of dynamic campaigns: something Lowengrin's DCG does better (and for free). Although the skin collection was nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But well done STATIC campaigns are the way to go for offline play, that's for sure. I'm EXTREMELY interested in The Last Days and it's purported 300 mission war-length static campaign. If Banzai is something similar (and to the quality which TLD looks to be approaching), then it's something I'll be picking up.

----

stansdds
05-11-2005, 04:47 AM
I would certainly like to see some reviews before I decide on purchasing. If the campaigns are well written and it is not an expensive piece of software, then it may be well worth having. If the campaigns are poor and/or buggy, then it is junk.

F4UDash4
05-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by csThor:
AddOns like this cannot introduce new objects - any new objects must come via Maddox Games.

The single worst thing about Maddox products.

Atomic_Marten
05-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by F4UDash4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:

The single worst thing about Maddox products. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not agree for several reasons.

Also I do not see ANY skins included in "Banzai!" add-on. Are there any or..?

jetsetsam
05-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Anybody else notice that the Theatre of Operations for Banzai is "Eastern Front"?

Maybe because there aren't the ships and carrier based torpedo bombers in Pacific Fighters to make a viable Pacific Theatre add-on.

I'll wait to hear from someone else about this add-on before I put my money down.

gbollin
05-11-2005, 12:29 PM
I am downloading it right now. It is available
for digital download. The cost is $19.99.
In the addon info it says the theatre is Pacific
it is an almost 300Mb download so you will
probably need DSL or High speed internet. It
says 56k will take nine hrs to download.

xTHRUDx
05-11-2005, 12:35 PM
it's just missions and skins. not worth it to an online only player like myself.

Atomic_Marten
05-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by xTHRUDx:
it's just missions and <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">skins</span>. not worth it to an online only player like myself.

That is what I wanted to know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Reschke
05-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F4UDash4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:

The single worst thing about Maddox products. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not agree for several reasons.

Also I do not see ANY skins included in "Banzai!" add-on. Are there any or..? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you please elaborate on the several reasons for not agreeing with his comment? I am interested in hearing why because I am of the opinion that user made items that can be freely "modded" into the games are easily found out to be good or worthless. Its a very quick turn around in the way things are online.

Please don't take my response as a slam I am just interested in hearing your reasons. Thanks in advance.

gbollin
05-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Banzai has 4 campaigns one for the IJA.
One for RAAF. Two for the USN 1 fighter
and 1 Bomber. It has alot of single missions based on these campaigns. It also has about 100
coop mission for the internet. As far as I can
tell it uses the generic skins that come with
PF.

goshikisen
05-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Reschke:
Would you please elaborate on the several reasons for not agreeing with his comment? I am interested in hearing why because I am of the opinion that user made items that can be freely "modded" into the games are easily found out to be good or worthless. Its a very quick turn around in the way things are online.

Although sometimes it's a pain in the rear, this closed code situation, it's probably the best way of doing it. If it was an open architecture like CFS2, etc. you'd have everybody and his uncle able to tweak the FM of aircraft to whichever way they see fit. The Maddox model keeps everybody on an even playing field in terms of FM.

Also... the quality of the models remains high.

The flipside of the coin in this scenario is that we are entirely dependant on the developer to add content.

Regards, Goshikisen.

No105_Swoose
05-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by gbollin:
Banzai has 4 campaigns one for the IJA.
One for RAAF. Two for the USN 1 fighter
and 1 Bomber. It has alot of single missions based on these campaigns. It also has about 100
coop mission for the internet. As far as I can
tell it uses the generic skins that come with
PF.

Sounds interesting. Can you give us a mini-review? Thumbs up or thumbs down? Do the missions seem well-made? How is your rig handling the missions, i.e. FPS? Is the immersion factor any better than the stock missions? TIA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Treetop64
05-11-2005, 07:01 PM
The only way I'll pull out any dough for an add-on for PF is if it includes the appropriate battleships and cruisers for both sides. Period.

Yog_Shoggoth
05-11-2005, 08:36 PM
I'll only buy it if my innane and allready refuted demands are met too!
Wanna start a gang?

han freak solo
05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by gbollin:
I am downloading it right now. It is available
for digital download. The cost is $19.99.
In the addon info it says the theatre is Pacific
it is an almost 300Mb download so you will
probably need DSL or High speed internet. It
says 56k will take nine hrs to download.

Can you get a CD-ROM? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I like hard copies. Especially due to my 56K restriction.

gbollin
05-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Yes you can get a physical shipment.
It will cost 29.99 US.

gbollin
05-12-2005, 09:36 AM
In the campaigns as Player aircraft you get
for the IJA is the Zero.The whole campaign
you only fly diferrent versions of the Zero.
No IJA Bomber Campaign. RAAF you fly Hawk-81a2,
P-40M,P-39D1 and 2,and Corsair Mark1.
USN gets F4f-3and 4, and Corsair Mark1.
USN bomber campaign is only 20 missions.
It looks like they covered the early to mid part
of the Pacific war up to Midway in this campaign pack and are not DGen campaigns.

jamesdietz
05-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Where can I download?Can't seem to find it on site...

Saunders1953
05-12-2005, 11:02 PM
James, go to the Matrix Games website, not the x1 Software site. You can get the download for $19.95 or the DVD and the download both for $29.95.

tankeriv
05-13-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by JunkoIfurita:
So somebody front up and buy it already http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Requiring extra objects/aircraft as a requirement for purchasing 3rd party add-ons is a fruitless exercise - as was mentioned this is a closed source game. It's all about quality control http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mission add-ons are where it's at, and I'll always be on the look out. That being said, I wasn't partiularly happy with BoE: I paid more than the original Gold Pack for it, and it was just another set of dynamic campaigns: something Lowengrin's DCG does better (and for free). Although the skin collection was nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But well done STATIC campaigns are the way to go for offline play, that's for sure. I'm EXTREMELY interested in The Last Days and it's purported 300 mission war-length static campaign. If Banzai is something similar (and to the quality which TLD looks to be approaching), then it's something I'll be picking up.

----

The Last Days has more than 300 missions.
Way more.
1000+. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Flakenstien
05-13-2005, 08:39 AM
With all the fine mission builders that make missions out of the love of the sim and those in the community, no way will I fork out $30 for what they offer to us for free.
Sort of disrespectful I must say to those that are willing to share thier work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Feathered_IV
05-13-2005, 09:47 AM
the campaigns as Player aircraft you get
for the IJA is the Zero.The whole campaign
you only fly diferrent versions of the Zero.

No other IJ campaigns at all?

*Sigh* (Puts wallet away)

LeadSpitter_
05-13-2005, 10:06 AM
http://www.nagcat.org/images/milking.jpg

This is what 17th skins and mission addon.

jamesdietz
05-13-2005, 10:29 AM
The reason I'm tempted to buy on to this is because the out of the box Pacific Mission campaigns seem so uninspired. I've played two US Navy Fighter campaigns & have yet to meet anything other than Japanese fighters- no dive bombers , no level bombers...each one seems just like the previous one over a heavily defended island in the Pacific.Obviously there are other aircraft to fly besides the Wildcat & Hellcat I've flown thus far...but if the other campaigns go on & on like these-what fun is that?Now I do download the free cmpaigns &really enjoy that feature of the game & the people who put them together ( by the way so far do you guys have any feelings on which the most fun/inventive campaigns have been produced?)BUT I am really impressed by the "Last Days" pay-for Add-on recently produced.So before I pony up my$19.95 can someone give me a review of Banzai package 7 how the campaigns & single missions stack up? Thanks!

Tater-SW-
05-13-2005, 10:31 AM
How can you have campaigns when there are no maps that allow TO and landing for offensive missions? All just scramble and intercept? Or airstart with no landing?

I'd pay for new maps (that don't suck) but not for rigged-up stuff using what is there now.

tater

Saunders1953
05-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Oh great, now what? Banzai is for PF standalone only, apparently. I just bought the download version, installed it and during install, it gives you the option to inatall patches 3.03 and 3.04, saying it will not work without them. Then it says the patches are for PF Standalone only. Fine, I've got the whole merged install up to 3.04m, so I figure let's give it a shot-and I didn't load them. Well, nada. Zip. Zilch. It doesn't show up in the game.

Nowhere in the promo material at Matrix Games did it say anything about standalone only, atleast that I could find. The manual that comes with it lists the various attributes, number of missions, etc., then after a little blurb about online play simply has this to say about patches:

Patch 3.04
Patch 3.04m

That's it! No explanation or anythung, nor could I find the fact that it is a standalone mentioned anywhere. But at least this sort of implies that it would work for merged installs.

Frustrating to say the least. So, before I try their support site, does anyone who has tried it know if there is a way to work this with the merged install FB+AEP+PF? Did I miss something here? Thanks.

leitmotiv
05-14-2005, 09:02 PM
WARNING! I installed the Matrix OPERATION BARBAROSSA a year ago and it blew the brains out of ACE EXPANSION. Spent a month trying to get the bugs out of it. Tried to install three times and each attempt was a disaster. Found out later this same debacle happened to others.

Atomic_Marten
05-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by goshikisen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reschke:

Although sometimes it's a pain in the rear, this closed code situation, it's probably the best way of doing it. If it was an open architecture like CFS2, etc. you'd have everybody and his uncle able to tweak the FM of aircraft to whichever way they see fit. The Maddox model keeps everybody on an even playing field in terms of FM.

Also... the quality of the models remains high.

The flipside of the coin in this scenario is that we are entirely dependant on the developer to add content.

Regards, Goshikisen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything what he said on top. I do not want this game to become cheaters-fiesta online.

plumps_
05-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Saunders1953:
Oh great, now what? Banzai is for PF standalone only, apparently. I just bought the download version, installed it and during install, it gives you the option to inatall patches 3.03 and 3.04, saying it will not work without them. Then it says the patches are for PF Standalone only. Fine, I've got the whole merged install up to 3.04m, so I figure let's give it a shot-and I didn't load them. Well, nada. Zip. Zilch. It doesn't show up in the game.

Nowhere in the promo material at Matrix Games did it say anything about standalone only, atleast that I could find. The manual that comes with it lists the various attributes, number of missions, etc., then after a little blurb about online play simply has this to say about patches:

Patch 3.04
Patch 3.04m

That's it! No explanation or anythung, nor could I find the fact that it is a standalone mentioned anywhere. But at least this sort of implies that it would work for merged installs.

Frustrating to say the least. So, before I try their support site, does anyone who has tried it know if there is a way to work this with the merged install FB+AEP+PF? Did I miss something here? Thanks.
Any campaign that works with the standalone version will also work with the merged install. And if it wouldn't you could still create a parallel standalone install on your HD as long as you've got enough disk space left.

But I don't think that this is necessary. According to what I read somewhere else you have to re-direct the installation path to your "IL2 Forgotten Battles" folder if you want to play "Banzai!" in the merged install.

Saunders1953
05-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks Plumps, I'll try redirecting the the install path, and see what happens. I really don't want to create a PF standalone if I can help it.

ytareh
05-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Ive got Operation Barbarossa Special Edition by X1(via Just Flight)and it works fine.Have to say though that Fall Blau has much more/better missions.Sounds as if The Last Days is the daddy of the add ons now though.Do you guys agree?Might buy it if you say so...

gbollin
05-15-2005, 01:33 PM
I got it on both merged and Stand alone
versions and it works fine.

HARD_Sarge
05-16-2005, 07:15 PM
TLDs is a great add on

and once the beta is over on the patch, it is going to be very Great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

let me look around and see what all is going on with BANZAI, I am not overy found of the campaign type, but so far the missions in the campaign have been fun

HARD_Sarge