PDA

View Full Version : A More-Realistic Bailing Out, Please

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 11:36 AM
I have a few suggestions about bailing out more realistically, as now the process of bailing out seems impossible in the real life:

1) When the pilot is heavily wounded, the process of bailing out should take longer (in my experience in FB, heavily-wounded-pilot take only 3 seconds to bail out, the same as a "healthy" pilot)

2) When the plane is in positive Gs, the pilot should be unable to bail out until it returns to 1 Gs or below (in my experience, I can pull the stick hard to climb before my damaged-plane crash, then i suffer black-out, at the same time the pilot can bail out!)

3) Sometimes, a damaged AI plane which have a damaged engine should choose to bail out (in my experience, AI planes whose engine is damaged seldom choose to bail out, instead, they choose to crash in land, or even forrest)

Thanks

koniygn

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 11:36 AM
I have a few suggestions about bailing out more realistically, as now the process of bailing out seems impossible in the real life:

1) When the pilot is heavily wounded, the process of bailing out should take longer (in my experience in FB, heavily-wounded-pilot take only 3 seconds to bail out, the same as a "healthy" pilot)

2) When the plane is in positive Gs, the pilot should be unable to bail out until it returns to 1 Gs or below (in my experience, I can pull the stick hard to climb before my damaged-plane crash, then i suffer black-out, at the same time the pilot can bail out!)

3) Sometimes, a damaged AI plane which have a damaged engine should choose to bail out (in my experience, AI planes whose engine is damaged seldom choose to bail out, instead, they choose to crash in land, or even forrest)

Thanks

koniygn

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Bump. Yes I agree with you, I want it like in EAW, if you are doing negative G's or Positive G's your pilot will be flying through the air like crazy because of the G's at the point he left the aircraft, and a 50/50 chance that your parachute wont open because of the G's your falling at, or if the plane hits you or you hit the plane you might die, or black out or take longer for you to recover from the shock and pull the strap, Bailing out in this game is very unrealistic if you ask me.

http://www.vvs-regia-avions.com/Regia/MC202-003.jpg
"THE ITALIAN STALLION!"

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 08:49 PM
while these are not bad ideas, I would like to see the dev team spend their time to more pressing issues and features.

don't want to bash your ideas, I like em, but maybe implemented them on the latest patch (say 3rd patch from now /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Yeah I loved EAW's bailout system. Depending on how you bailed out you might strike the tail or not even open your chute due to G forces.

]http://members.fortunecity.com/stg77/webpagegraphics/StukaPropSpinOnly.gif (http://members.fortunecity.com/stg77/webpagegraphics/StukaPropSpinOnly.gif[/img)
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas!

Message Edited on 08/29/0305:15PM by StukaKing

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 02:14 AM
yup i agree slideing canopies and better bail out sequences like hitting planes and dieing spining but not nesseser but really nice

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 03:06 PM
In FB if you bail out and hit the plane you die.
Also if your parachute open and your plane touch it then your parachute is dead and you fall to the ground and die.
I also noticed that high speed can prevent you from bailing out.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Wetwilly87 wrote:
and a 50/50 chance that your parachute
- wont open because of the G's your falling at

This part is not correct. You only fall so fast. Its called (terminal velocity) and its around 120mph. The chutes were designed to handle this and then some. If the planes speed is high, you would probably hit it, and if you got out and clear you would certainly delay your deployment until you had some stability. I read where a lot of pilots and bomber crews would delay deployment until closer to the ground to try and avoid capture or getting killed in the chute. While plane speed and g forces do play a role in getting out of the plane, once out and falling, your fall will slow to around 120mph. Deployment should not be a problem. Getting thrown up or sideway's or even straight down is a possibility depending on the planes attitude. In FB we always fall straight down no matter what. It would make nice eye candy to see it modeled correctly, but I think it serves the purpose as it is. There are times for whatever reason that I, or my crew does not make it out. Not wounded or killed, just does not make it out. I think they tried to model it to some degree without getting to much time or detail involved.

...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been and there you long to return.
~leonardo de vinci

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 05:39 PM
The thing that spoils the bailout in IL2 for me is the unrealistic posture adopted by the pilot figure.Its a modern freefall skydiver stance which does not look right at all.The pilot would look more realistic tumbling through the air before the shoot opens.

"Spring chicken to shyte-hawk in one easy lesson"

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 08:52 PM
I agree. 'Rag- doll' physics for the pilot, please. And user- controlled rip cords.

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 03:33 AM
Agree, but has anyone notice that:

When some persons bail out from any plane, no matter bail out from the cockpit or the gunner position, the person always "pass through" the plane body, something like typing "noclip" in some shooting games, and the man bailed out will not hit the plane body and will not be wounded or dead!

In fact, many pilots were killed because when they bail out, they hit the plane so hard that the pilot died, or the paraschute can't open proberly...