PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane/tornado winds ... and FW-190

alfa_fsb
12-18-2005, 09:19 AM
So i started a JABO campaign with the FW-190 series ... i selected the 190A4 ... first mission.
Weather Thunderstorm ... i`m on the runway and i hit the I key to start the engine .. when i notice that i`m 90 degress from the takeoff direction ... WTF

I don`t turn the engine on ... and in about 30-45 seconds i do a 360 degrees rotation ON THE GROUND !!! with engine off.
The AI planes were not affected by this tornado like wind.

Now these is a huge bug ...
I tried full rudder with brakes and 110% engine and i still rotated in the other direction like a leaf in the wind.

I have 4.02m .

berg417448
12-18-2005, 09:25 AM
I've had some success with holding the brakes and locking the tailwheel immediately. Not perfect , but it helps sometimes.

Friendly_flyer
12-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Hit the breaks and start the engine right away. As soon as the prop is up to sone speed, the airstream from the prop will keep the tail in place.

neural_dream
12-18-2005, 03:16 PM
So is this a bug or not?

TX-Gunslinger
12-19-2005, 12:31 AM
I remember that heavy weather is like that. We used to run a few very severe weather maps on OC3.

Needless to say, these maps were not very popular.

I'd have to put my brakes on to keep from getting pushed off the runway. It also made a huge difference which way you took off also.

Landing is a chore also. Anyway, I finally got it mastered, but it was so much work for me that I can't say I enjoyed it.

So, it's not a bug, as far as I know. Heavy weather is tough, which is why most WWII Air Forces would limit all but the most essential operations in these conditions.