PDA

View Full Version : Ki-61 and Ki-43 control responsiveness

hawkmeister
11-13-2004, 12:20 AM
I was wondering - the Ki-61 aileron responsiveness seems to decline at a much lower airspeed than I'd expect. I have no data to back that up, but the plane is very similar to the A6M2-21 when I'd expect it to be a little more hearty. Dive flutter also begins at a much lower airspeed than should be expected - ~540KPH. Conversely, the Ki-43 ailerons maintain responsiveness at much higher speeds than I'd expect - better than the Ki-61.

Thoughts?

hawkmeister
11-13-2004, 12:20 AM
I was wondering - the Ki-61 aileron responsiveness seems to decline at a much lower airspeed than I'd expect. I have no data to back that up, but the plane is very similar to the A6M2-21 when I'd expect it to be a little more hearty. Dive flutter also begins at a much lower airspeed than should be expected - ~540KPH. Conversely, the Ki-43 ailerons maintain responsiveness at much higher speeds than I'd expect - better than the Ki-61.

Thoughts?

ColoradoBBQ
11-13-2004, 01:27 AM
The flight model of the Ki-61 is misprogramed and is fixed in the upcoming patch.

hawkmeister
11-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Excellent! Thank you. Do you happen to have any details about what was done incorrectly and what will be changed?

VW-IceFire
11-13-2004, 10:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hawkmeister:
Excellent! Thank you. Do you happen to have any details about what was done incorrectly and what will be changed? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure...except that it will probably be fairly significant.

hawkmeister
11-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Cool. Thanks. Really looking forward to the update now.

VVS-Manuc
11-14-2004, 04:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hawkmeister:
Excellent! Thank you. Do you happen to have any details about what was done incorrectly and what will be changed? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
nearly everything is wrong. top speed, dive speed etc. Even weapons and names of the subtypes are way off