PDA

View Full Version : Im Not Trying To Start a Console war/Rant Just a Question

SchwiftyCrooze
08-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Okay now I know that AC:B is going to be ps3 exclusive and all but I would like to know if the Ps3 version of AC:B is going to be better than that the Xbox copy, since I own a 360 i would just like to make sure that they will be equal upon release. Now I am NOT writing this trying to start a little Console War, I really dont care as long as they come out equal. So yea, please reply. Thanks

tyman1122
08-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes it is going to be better my friend. Because Sony made Ubisoft make it better for the PS3.

bokeef04
08-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Sony just paid for exclusive content

that content is the beta and unknown bonus' yet to be revealed but it won't be story relevant, it will likely just be something like the 6 extra weapons in the PS3 version of AC2 gotten through synching bloodlines with your game

it won't count towards 100% or anything like that, and their is nothing stopping it coming out on 360 later, remember the "3 exclusive templar lairs" from the black edition

EzioAssassin51
08-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
it won't count towards 100% or anything like that, and their is nothing stopping it coming out on 360 later, remember the "3 exclusive templar lairs" from the black edition

Yeah, but those were needed to get to 100%, hopefully Ubi doesn't do that again with the exclusives!

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by nickster21:
Okay now I know that AC:B is going to be ps3 exclusive

What? Its coming out on the PS3 Xbox and PC making it not exclusive to the PS3?

Murcuseo
08-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickster21:
Okay now I know that AC:B <span class="ev_code_RED">Beta</span> is going to be ps3 exclusive

What? Its coming out on the PS3 Xbox and PC making it not exclusive to the PS3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed.

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickster21:
Okay now I know that AC:B <span class="ev_code_RED">Beta</span> is going to be ps3 exclusive

What? Its coming out on the PS3 Xbox and PC making it not exclusive to the PS3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MMMM i know what i think of that but i will hold my toungh to keep the peace http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The_Hunger
08-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Doesnt that tell u something? Sony will do anything to meet the market sales of the xbox 360 console...

console wars here we come.

But in sales even today the 360 is still doing way better then the PS3 in sales and market value. So as of lately where sony will sink their teeth in to provide more content for its gamers where other platforms do not, they will spend money to make more money.

PS3 is still trying to be an equal contender to the 360.

I am a pc user and i have played on all platforms so i rather choose a PC but ultimately between the 2 consoles i feel in my opinion xbox 360 is better.

is a shame though that PS3 users will benefit most then the others. Sony love to own most rights to anything. example the official Formula1 brands which they now released a couple years back after it was a failure for owning the rights for 5 years..

EzioAssassin51
08-20-2010, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by The_Hunger:
Doesnt that tell u something? Sony will do anything to meet the market sales of the xbox 360 console...

But in sales even today the 360 is still doing way better then the PS3 in sales and market value. So as of lately where sony will sink their teeth in to provide more content for its gamers where other platforms do not, they will spend money to make more money.

I am a pc user and i have played on all platforms so i rather choose a PC but ultimately between the 2 consoles i feel in my opinion xbox 360 is better.

is a shame though that PS3 users will benefit most then the others. Sony love to own most rights to anything. example the official Formula1 brands which they now released a couple years back after it was a failure for owning the rights for 5 years..

What's so bad about PS3 wanting to get more sales?

/console war

Anyway, as i have said, it's understandable the BETA is PS3, because PS3 had the most bugs in both AC1 and 2!

The_Hunger
08-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Nothing wrong with it if u use a PS3...

but of the expense of others, now we dont get to enjoy all the other content because now its sony exclusive...

All platforms should be sharing one common game not of the other should be reeking more benefits. Because an organization is actually just creating a feud and controversy by doing this then actually trying to get more ppl to migrate to the PS3.

Well if PS3 had more bugs then any other platform though i feel pc had more issues. Why dont the invest that money in solving the problem and bugs instead of adding more content to it and still maybe likely have repeated bugs. Makes no sense invest money for a guaranteed success then on a what if for more content..

Account_Deleted
08-20-2010, 02:59 AM
no there will be no diffrence.
this is just beta for ps3 since ps3 and ubi has some deal i belive.

most xbox 360 games are beta'd on PC but we don't see much diffrence beside less lag... :P

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by The_Hunger:

There is nothing i disagree with here your very very very right in what you say. I do not know anyone who has been 100% satisfied with their PS3 but know only a handful who have been unhappy with Xbox's. There is no point in starting a console war as it wont be a war. It will jsut be PS3 trying to live up to the lofty hights of Xbox. Ones made by Sony (mickie mouse at the best of times) and ones made by Microsoft one of the most succesful companies ever to walk the planet. Nuff said.

Murcuseo
08-20-2010, 03:36 AM

There is no point in starting a console war as it wont be a war. It will jsut be PS3 trying to live up to the lofty hights of Xbox. Ones made by Sony (mickie mouse at the best of times) and ones made by Microsoft one of the most succesful companies ever to walk the planet. Nuff said.

If irony was a fossil fuel you'd be the second richest man on the planet, after me of course http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

There is no point in starting a console war as it wont be a war. It will jsut be PS3 trying to live up to the lofty hights of Xbox. Ones made by Sony (mickie mouse at the best of times) and ones made by Microsoft one of the most succesful companies ever to walk the planet. Nuff said.

If irony was a fossil fuel you'd be the second richest man on the planet, after me of course http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahaha that made me krack up Robson brilliant http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

mikeh1294
08-20-2010, 04:14 AM
And Microsoft don't do this?

Fallout 3, I had to wait a year for the content, the Call of Duty games for the next 3 years are on exclusive deals with Microsoft for Xbox.

Why all the hate when Sony try to do it?

And I can say that I have been 100% happy with my PS3, it's awesome.

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 04:21 AM
Because sony are mickie mouse. They charge double the price for the same standard as Xbox they are ripoff merchants as far as i can see. They are an electronics company that make poor quality electronics nuff said try their TV's their awful always having problems. It is also the sad competitionist way that sony go about it makes people jump on their high horse.

Mr_Shade
08-20-2010, 04:22 AM
Tbh both consoles have their own strengths http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm lucky in owning them both, and tbh apart from the odd game here or there, both look and play the same..

Have to admit I don't like the PS3 pad for first person shooters, but it's excellent for racing games and fighting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So lets not start flaming each others consoles.. if you want to do that I suggest using Youtube.. since that seems very popular on there...

As to the Beta being PS3 exclusive, it does make a change, so be happy..

Since any bugs / issues found, will result in all formats games being better.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

primerib69
08-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Since any bugs / issues found, will result in all formats games being better.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TBH ( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif just kidding. http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif) shade, i've been saying that for a while. Us PS3 owners are testing out the game so that EVERYONE will have a better experience with the final product. So get them tampons out of your buns, 360 owners!

Murcuseo
08-20-2010, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by primerib69:

So get them tampons out of your buns, 360 owners!

That's it, just go to the Zoo and stick your arm into the Tigers cage http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Account_Deleted
08-20-2010, 04:42 AM
shade just close this.
it's inevitable.. unless you wanna see a fanboy forum cage match http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Mr_Shade
08-20-2010, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
shade just close this.
it's inevitable.. unless you wanna see a fanboy forum cage match http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif Well.. now you mention it..

[grabs popcorn]
LOL

I will leave it open for a little while to see if anymore voices of reason appear.. I don't like shutting every thread down.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Can we not have a descusion with a bit of bite without the suggestion of closing the thread. I understand what you are saying Shade IMHO i will never warm to PS3's. However im sure your right about the racing game aspect of the pad (TBH i hate racing gmaes so i wouldnt know) but if we are all too delicate for a bit of banter i will stop to keep the general populace happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mr_Shade
08-20-2010, 04:58 AM
indeed... nothing wrong with a bit of 'friendly' banter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As long as it doesn't get personal...

End of the day, like I said, I don't like shutting otherwise decent threads down..

SlimeDynamiteD
08-20-2010, 05:12 AM
I think it was a pretty smart move from Sony to buy the exclusive content from Ubisoft.
This way people might think: Oh that sucks! I want the PS3
so they'll buy the PS3 to play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood with the exclusives.
I don't approve what they did, just saying it's smart.

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 05:15 AM
Good Man Shade good man wholeheartly agree. Slime from a business point of view you couldn't be more right this is exactaly why they do it and tbh you cant blame them can you.

Mr_Shade
08-20-2010, 05:25 AM
I personally don't think many people will buy an expensive console, just for a few extra missions.. on the one title..

I may be wrong though.. since if it's a deciding factor, maybe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 05:40 AM
No you may be right Shade but also you have to feel that this was part of the plan and idea. If they buy the rights to the full content they have covered all avenues of the market. Which from a business point of view is quiet an intelligent move reall.

notafanboy
08-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Because sony are mickie mouse. They charge double the price for the same standard as Xbox they are ripoff merchants as far as i can see. They are an electronics company that make poor quality electronics nuff said try their TV's their awful always having problems. It is also the sad competitionist way that sony go about it makes people jump on their high horse.
what are you smoking ?

Murcuseo
08-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
what are you smoking ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been using Sony products for years and never had a single problem with any of them. Maybe that's just my luck but all the Camcorders I've ever owned from Sony have been really well built and the picture quality has been great.

I wouldn't know about PS3 but I had a PS2 for about 6 years and it only died cause it was full of dust, which was my fault lol

I think to generalise and say Sony as a company are 'Mickey Mouse' is a bit to sweeping. They have their bad points sure, but so does Microsoft.

mikeh1294
08-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Sony have Kevin Butler.

'Nuff said.

SlimeDynamiteD
08-20-2010, 07:33 AM
I never had any problems with my PS2 nor my PS3. So I think Sony does a pretty good job.
And Ru1986, you're right. You can't blame them for it.

Stormpen
08-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Maybe I should know this, but what exclusives are the PS3's getting with the beta? (apart from getting to test it.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif )

itsamea-mario
08-20-2010, 09:49 AM
i heard that PS3 where also getting some more exclusives later on.

anyway, i have both consoles, and they do both have their strengths, but honestly there is very little difference, the only reason i might get a game on the xbox rather than a ps3 is that Xbox does have a better online feature, with a more community sense, (though a very corperate manufactured sense of community) but they can do that because they decided to charge for their online, (even though sony have released playstation plus)
my xbox is probably better in some ways than my Ps3 purely due to the fact i got the 60gb xbox but only the 40gb ps3.
anyway ive just gone completely off topic here.

SlimeDynamiteD
08-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I believe I read or heared somewhere that the exclusives for the PS3 are just a couple of side missions. The story will be thesame, just a couple more side missions.

ninjasownu
08-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I do have a question though. Will the online be more active on the 360? That is the problem I am having.

AMuppetMatt
08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Depends how many people are using each console... Ubi can't control what console people buy.
I think they're about equal, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Xbox might well shave it in terms of activity. After all, your average Joe can't really afford the PS3 whereas the Xbox is a much cheaper next gen console that gives you the same bog standard features (you play pretty looking games and you play pretty looking games online). I'd expect there to be slightly more on Xbox but anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Biomedical-Fire
08-21-2010, 05:28 AM
I own both consoles, my PS3 is a 60GB console and honestly, I only bought it to play my PS2 games and to play PS3 exclusive titles. My 360 is my multi-plat gaming console and TBH, I think that XBL is better than PSN. Also by having the beta on one console better be productive, because if I have a bad MP experience with this game, I'll just stick to playing MP games with Reach, Medal of Honor and Black Ops.

cptsulkes
08-21-2010, 06:22 PM
odd...with Xbox Lives Bigger gaming community they chose PS3...I have both PS3 and 360. But I prefer my 360 for online and PS3 for singleplay. But with brotherhood coming out and its multiplay and the majority of my Xbox Buddies getting it I am getting it for the 360....

cptsulkes
08-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
what are you smoking ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not going to say anything but the following sentence, If nothing has happened to your sony products you are about the luckiest man I have ever seen.