PDA

View Full Version : Piloting problem in PF Stand alone

fshaw
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I have a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. When ever I try to pilot one of the USN dive bombers, I cannot get into the pilot seat. This happens in all missions including the ones I build with full mission builder. Any ideas?

Thanks,

fshaw
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I have a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. When ever I try to pilot one of the USN dive bombers, I cannot get into the pilot seat. This happens in all missions including the ones I build with full mission builder. Any ideas?

Thanks,

DKoor
03-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Default key to switch between pilot and gunner position (in multi-crewed aircraft) is "C" key. Check it out in your Controls section... that is if you've referred to this.
Also key to switch between player and autopilot is "A" so perhaps that can help too.

If you meant why some aren't flyable, out of dive bombers unfortunately it is not possible for a player to fly Avenger (TBD/F), B5N/B6N... you can fly SBD on USN side and on IJN side D3A tho.
No carrier based single engined torpedo bombers on each side are available.
There was this copy right issue for American bombers (Grumman issue) and I don't know what is the reason why Japanese bombers weren't made flyable.

fshaw
03-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess I wasn't to clear on my question. When ever I start a mission and try to
pilot, say a bomber, and even in some instances fighters, the screen comes up as if I am in the water. If I hit F1, nothing. If I hit F2, I can see the aircraft I am supposed to be piloting in the foreground but cannot get into the cockpit. This happens on prefabed missions as well as some I make myself.

Zeus-cat
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM
The problem you have described is that no aircraft has been selected in the mission.

One, and only one, aircraft MUST be chosen as the flyable aircraft in each mission. My guess is that you have forgotten to do this in the missions you made or have downloaded coop missions and converted them to single player missions without selecting an aircraft.

-HH-Quazi
03-13-2007, 04:45 AM
Or that he is trying to fly an unflyable bomber, in which case he needs to get into the cockpit of a flyable bomber first then change to an unflyable bomber to fly the bomber from the outside.

XyZspineZyX
03-13-2007, 09:51 AM
When PF came out, this was the classic symptom of incorrect patch sequence

fshaw-

can you fly an H81A-2?

if you can't, then I would bet my dollar on incorrect patch sequence

fshaw
03-14-2007, 01:10 AM
That must have been it. I removed the program, then reloaded it and all is well. I will pay better attention next time when I download the patches.

thanks for the tip!