PDA

View Full Version : Next Cycle

Agentbarto
10-03-2011, 11:59 PM
I know it's way early. But I'd just like to know what everyone thinks of this as a premise.

Juno indicated that factions grew within TFC. Maybe once humans escaped and attempted to set up a civilization there were disagreements because some took ideals from the pro-intellegence aliens; ie. Minerva, and others took ideals on government from Juno's misanthropic faction.

That was all a preface to this. What if Ubisoft decides to bring TFC back? As in resurrect them as a species through plot developments in this cycle. I, personally think this is risky territory as I realize it's similar to every other hostile alien movie/book/game/etc. out there but remember we're dealing with factions already so I think that makes this potential plot a lot "grayer" if you will.

Anyone else gonna be brave and back me up here?

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 12:06 AM
I suspect that Desmond will encounter at least one of them, but only at the climax, and no more than one.

I agree with you that the TWBC probably started the whole Templar/Assassin thing within themselves, and it trickled down to humans.

Moultonborough
10-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I suspect that Desmond will encounter at least one of them, but only at the climax, and no more than one.

I agree with you that the TWBC probably started the whole Templar/Assassin thing within themselves, and it trickled down to humans.

Well I am not too sure of this. Minerva said the temples were built by those who knew to turn away(from war I guess). While Minerva seemed like she wanted peace/side of the Assassins Juno in my mind was the complete opposite. Minerva was quite calm while Juno was very angry and seemed to be looking for a fight. So despite Minerva's words I am not too sure she was correct. If we see Jupiter at some point I would like to see what they(not sure if it was a Man or Woman like the other two) have to say on the subject.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure if all the TWCB we see are on the same side.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out if they had their own 'Assassin' and 'Templar' sides.

Agentbarto
10-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm thinking there was a schism within TFC because of how certain groups thought of their human slaves.

Animuses
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
TWCB are not aliens. Minerva said, they simply came before.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't specifically said that they were Aliens.

LightRey
10-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Why is everybody on such a Jupiter high? It's a million times more likely we'll see Venus imo.

Moultonborough
10-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Why is everybody on such a Jupiter high? It's a million times more likely we'll see Venus imo.

Well because of a couple of reasons. One is that they are a part of a triangle(don't know the actual name)and go together. But mostly Minerva named both of them during the speech to Ezio. So why would a TWCB who was never mentioned come into the story?

LightRey
10-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Well because of a couple of reasons. One is that they are a part of a triangle(don't know the actual name)and go together. But mostly Minerva named both of them during the speech to Ezio. So why would a TWCB who was never mentioned come into the story? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If Minerva, Juno and Jupiter existed, then most certainly so did Venus. The fact that they're part of the Capitoline Triad means nothing other than that they were worshiped on the same hill and since we're not going back to Rome, it's unlikely that we'll go to see Jupiter there.
To say that there's another temple of his in France is also not a very good argument. He was the king of the gods, of course there's other temples of his everywhere. The myth where Juno, Minerva and Venus fight over the Golden Apple of Discord is mentioned twice in AC1 by Al Mualim and that alone bears much more significance to the AC story than a simple mention of Jupiter.

eagleforlife1
10-05-2011, 12:36 AM
It is fairly likely that AC3 is set during the French Revolution and Jupiter's Temple is located underneath Notre Dame Cathedral.

gharlazufarc
10-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Well because of a couple of reasons. One is that they are a part of a triangle(don't know the actual name)and go together. But mostly Minerva named both of them during the speech to Ezio. So why would a TWCB who was never mentioned come into the story? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If Minerva, Juno and Jupiter existed, then most certainly so did Venus. The fact that they're part of the Capitoline Triad means nothing other than that they were worshiped on the same hill and since we're not going back to Rome, it's unlikely that we'll go to see Jupiter there.
To say that there's another temple of his in France is also not a very good argument. He was the king of the gods, of course there's other temples of his everywhere. The myth where Juno, Minerva and Venus fight over the Golden Apple of Discord is mentioned twice in AC1 by Al Mualim and that alone bears much more significance to the AC story than a simple mention of Jupiter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should I post this pic again?
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110801123912/assassinscreed/images/thumb/0/0f/Capotiline_Triad_with_Orelov.jpg/308px-Capotiline_Triad_with_Orelov.jpg
From the left: Juno, Minerva, and Venus

LightRey
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by gharlazufarc:
Should I post this pic again?
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110801123912/assassinscreed/images/thumb/0/0f/Capotiline_Triad_with_Orelov.jpg/308px-Capotiline_Triad_with_Orelov.jpg
From the left: Juno, Minerva, and Venus
Yes, thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

*plays dramatic music befitting the picture*