PDA

View Full Version : Full Mission Builder field of view is now small

Lurch1962
02-19-2007, 06:21 PM
The last time I used the FMB was back in 4.02 or 4.03. Just looked at the new maps in 4.08 with the FMB, but was surprised to see that the field of view is much more zoomed-in than it used to be. The result is strong perspective foreshortening.

Is there a way to change the FOV angle in the FMB?

--Lurch--

XyZspineZyX
02-19-2007, 06:23 PM
??? I have not experienced a change

Can you post a screenshot of your view please

xTHRUDx
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
use the same keys you would use as if you where in the cockpit to zoom in and out your FOV

-HH- Beebop
02-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Could it be that the new maps are smaller? Only Manjuria, IIRC, is a large map and even it's not as big as say Gulf of Finland.

Check the scrollbar at the left side of the map. Is it all the way to the top?

If neither of these responses answer your question, please, as BBB said, post some screenshots.

VW-IceFire
02-20-2007, 02:54 PM
I've found that the field of view will carry through from a test mission into the FMB. The best way to clear this seems to be to just exit the program and then restart.

diamondthree
02-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
I've found that the field of view will carry through from a test mission into the FMB. The best way to clear this seems to be to just exit the program and then restart.

I can vouch for this. this lil bug has been around for a long time, IIRC.

Lurch1962
02-20-2007, 05:17 PM
In order or your replies:

THRUD, I tried the zoom keys--to no effect.

And Beebop, the FOV in the viewer window is not dependent of the left hand slider position, which only repositions your height (altitude) above the map.

Thanks, IceFire and diamondthree! Since posting this last night I haven't fired up the game yet. But after thinking about it for a while, I began to wonder if indeed the FOV setting during my last mission "carried over", as you put it. I'll verify this at the next opportunity.

Cheers, all!

--Lurch--

RxMan
02-20-2007, 08:00 PM
FOV(angle) will change according to the zoom level you're in. it is because of your fixed monitor size and resolution. Your height determines what will fit and is therefore directly related, and controlled by it(zoom). In RL your FOV is fixed at a number of degrees depending on your periferral vision, and will not change unless physically limited with blinders or lenses.

BTW the inflight zoom works just fine in FMB, just used it.
OOPs, just tried it again, now the keyboard zoom is not working.