PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate entires in Conf.ini

Dean3238
03-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Are there two sets of entries toward the end of the Conf.ini file covering things like Trees and Shadows and so on?

It seems there are two complete sets of those values at the end of mine (the first sets the values to some minimal level, like 2, and the second ups it to the settings I've made).

I can't figure out if that second listing should be there or if my file got corrupted somehow.

I realize setting a variable to a value and then setting it to another later doesn't hurt anything, but it makes the neat freak in me twitch. ;-)

Dean3238
03-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Are there two sets of entries toward the end of the Conf.ini file covering things like Trees and Shadows and so on?

It seems there are two complete sets of those values at the end of mine (the first sets the values to some minimal level, like 2, and the second ups it to the settings I've made).

I can't figure out if that second listing should be there or if my file got corrupted somehow.

I realize setting a variable to a value and then setting it to another later doesn't hurt anything, but it makes the neat freak in me twitch. ;-)

Vacillator
03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Yes, one set for OpenGL and one for DirectX. The game only uses the set which matches your selection of OpenGL or Directx graphics in the game. OpenGL is the recommended option.

Dean3238
03-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Cool... I presume they are marked as such (haven't looked) and if I make custom alterations, I'll need to do them to the _right_ set for me... or both, right?

Saunders1953
03-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Dean, you are correct, they are marked and you need to change the right one (or you could change both in case you ever decide to switch the one you use later.

Dean3238
03-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks Guys!

I had mine set to DirectX anyway, changed that and now my Perfect setting is no longer greyed out.

Woohoo!

MiamiEagle
03-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Just remember to back up the origianal just in case you ever want to return to you original setting or you mess that one up.

A word of caution

Miamieagle