PDA

View Full Version : Here's how you can redo an assassination of a main target

ValidatedDavid
12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Some may already know this but for those who don't: You can redo an assassination by tapping your start button (Xbox) as Ezio is in the post kill cut scene. This will bring up your menu as soon as the game permits (usually right after Ezio says rest in peace) and you will get the option to abort the memory. If you do so you will return to the beginning of the assassination memory. I've just killed the same target 6 times in a row. If you wait too long though, you will lose the ability to abort the memory and will be forced to replay the game to get back.

It isn't a substitute for replaying whenever you wish but I'm going to kill this guy quite a few more times before I go on. Hope this was helpful to some.

Ascorius
12-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I just wish they had implemented an option to replay certain memories at any time. I love trying to get the perfect stealthkills. I always reload if I get seen before I get to the "main" target(except the missions that force you into open combat ofcourse). So having an option to replay the larger assassination missions would really increase replayability for me.

IV_trailer
12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Good find. However, it is a bit useless because playing the same scene six times in a row sounds a bit boring. Especially since an assassination scene is only about four minutes or so.

But if you get fun by doing it you must do it offcourse.

LaurenIsSoMosh
12-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the effort to find a fix, but in the majority of requests for replay, people are wanting an option to replay individual memories long after they've completed them without having to start a new game. For people who only liked a single memory and want to play it over and over forever, I guess this works, but for the majority of people who favor three or four separate memories, we're still left wanting.

But you're right, I guess it is better than nothing.

ValidatedDavid
12-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by IV_trailer:
Good find. However, it is a bit useless because playing the same scene six times in a row sounds a bit boring. Especially since an assassination scene is only about four minutes or so.

But if you get fun by doing it you must do it offcourse.

yes, I can totally see that point of view.

But I think there are lots of people who like to do them over and over trying to find "the perfect stealth" approach or the "most outrageous" or the best "air approach" It is certainly no substitute for what AC1 allowed you to do but I know I will be doing each one several times over now and I would imagine some others will too.

I was doing Emilio, and when I reset the memory it took me all the way back to taking out the archers again so it is a nice little chunk to redo. It doesn't replace doing any one at any time by any means though, still, I'm glad I've realized this and at this point it's better than nothing.

Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Thanks for the effort to find a fix, but in the majority of requests for replay, people are wanting an option to replay individual memories long after they've completed them without having to start a new game. For people who only liked a single memory and want to play it over and over forever, I guess this works, but for the majority of people who favor three or four separate memories, we're still left wanting.

But you're right, I guess it is better than nothing.

I've posted over in the petition thread quite a few times - I'm not trying suggest this is any kind of fix to the major problem of replay - just something I didn't know was possible that I thought I'd share.

Stonelaw
12-03-2009, 02:36 PM
If you press start and go to Quit instead, when you reload your save you will start at the most recent checkpoint of the mission, rather than having to redo the entire thing. This will negate the need to re-watch cutscenes or repeat tasks like 'kill the archers' and just take you right to the part before the actual assassination.