PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please make a track converter?

UberPickle
04-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Really, please. I have tracks dating to before the AEP and I cant see them at all. I have around 100 tracks and no time to install various versions of IL-2 and convert them all to ntrk. Can somebody please, PLEASE make an TRK to NTRK converter that converts all tracks to the lastest version of PF?

I would apperciate this alot, as would a lot of other simmers.

Thank you.

Tully__
04-11-2006, 03:01 AM
.trk files rely on the FM used to record them to play back correctly. As the game code is closed and encrypted, I would suggest that it's wise to refrain from holding your breath waiting for this request to be fulfilled http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

GreyBeast
04-11-2006, 11:24 AM
What a nice way of saying "NO". Makes you want to hear it more often, LOL.

Bearcat99
04-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Do what I did.. either convert them to Ntracks or delete them.

Akronnick
04-12-2006, 04:17 AM
All you have to do is install the version that the .trk was made in, run the .trk and when it is playing, start recording. When the mision is through, you'll have a file called quick###.ntrk (the ### representing a three, or is it four, I forget, digit number starting with 000). rename this file and your good to go.

major_setback
04-12-2006, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Akronnick:
All you have to do is install the version that the .trk was made in, run the .trk and when it is playing, start recording. When the mision is through, you'll have a file called quick###.ntrk (the ### representing a three, or is it four, I forget, digit number starting with 000). rename this file and your good to go.

There are two track formats. A track is saved in a specific format depending on how you saved it ie: either by pressing escape and choosing 'start track recording' or by using a mapped key that you have set in 'controls'.

From an erlier thread:

I think that .ntrk files are stable after patching.

You can change the format by playing the track and saving in the appropriate manner: set a key (ex.'Q') in controls to record the track, and hit his during playback of your .trk file. It should be saved as 'quick0001.ntrk' or similar.

Your old .trk files will play in the older version of the game. If you have an older (pre-patch) version of the game you could try converting the tracks there (or do a seperate install and patch up to the last patch you had).

Copy the tracks from the 'records' folder (I think they√¬§re in that one) to the pre-patch version of FB/PF. They should play there. The tracks can be re-named in this folder.

Once you've changed the format to .ntrk they can be copied back to the latest version of the game where they should now work.

These days I always do a backup of the whole game before patching. That way I can always retrieve anything lost ie, tracks. I just save the whole FB folder (large!) to a seperate file in my documents, and run it using the .exe (the FB symbol) in that folder.

In the future: If you save your tracks as ntrk. they will be playable after any future patch.

Dew-Claw
04-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Just do what I do..
If its a track I want to keep, I'm going to want to show it also.
So I convert it to an avi and burn it to cd.
That way I can share it with everyone regardless of if they play the game or not.
I then Delete it from my hard drive as soon as its burned and I'm ready for the next "keeper"

major_setback
04-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Dew-Claw:
Just do what I do..
If its a track I want to keep, I'm going to want to show it also.
So I convert it to an avi and burn it to cd.
That way I can share it with everyone regardless of if they play the game or not.
I then Delete it from my hard drive as soon as its burned and I'm ready for the next "keeper"

How do you convert it?

WTE_Galway
04-12-2006, 06:04 PM
one way is to use a utility like FRAPS to record it as you play the track

Dew-Claw
04-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
one way is to use a utility like FRAPS to record it as you play the track
Correct, then you can pull it into Windows Movie maker, or NeroVision Express(what I use).
Cut it, add fades, text and music...*poof* movie.

Go check out the movie makers forum.

Copperhead310th
04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
yeah but i've tried this a billoin times guys,
these files are so large it just hogs HUGE ammounts of resources and bogs my system down.
Or else i would have been making these movies a long time ago, and even adding ORIGINAL music scores to them using Pro-Tools (tm).

Any way to spped it up or compress the avi's?
and recording the avi is even hard on my rig.

Irish_Rogues
04-13-2006, 09:38 AM
I remember a similar discussion on another forum and there are several utilities to recorded action in movies as I'm sure most know. The gist is in this other discussion it was decided another program was way superior to Fraps as it used less resources and for the life of me I can't remember what it was. What do most people around here use?