PDA

View Full Version : Collision death....new to me!

bhunter2112
10-12-2004, 09:53 PM
I was in a QMB flying a 109 againts some hurrie veterans. I came in on the six of one and had to bleed some speed from a dive. I got a fuel leak and smoke from him. I was to close, I came under him and we made contact. He spun away to the ground. I checked a outside view to see the damage, my tail was missing a horizontal section and some other skuffs. Then I noticed I was killed.....cool. That had never happened to me. I have obviously died in major collisions but never a "minor" one. This game always suprises me with the detail.

Platypus_1.JaVA
10-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Well, you haven't got this kind of things with CFS3 huh?

Resident_Jock
10-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Yeah, you can actually ram planes and safely return to base with some parts missing off your plane, if you are skilled or lucky. I remember one time in the DGEN I rammed an I-16 with my Stuka's landing gear. It sheared off the struts but tore the back half of the Russian plane clean from the engine, hehehe.

Gato__Loco
10-13-2004, 11:47 AM
I've lost the tail of my plane several times, by getting on the six of an enemy plane, shooting, and then trying to pass below it. Most planes will fly more or less OK (a bit wobbly only) without tail.

FI-Aflak
10-13-2004, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gato__Loco:
I've lost the tail of my plane several times, by getting on the six of an enemy plane, shooting, and then trying to pass below it. Most planes will fly more or less OK (a bit wobbly only) without tail. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but landing rudderless is bad. Its the main direction control you have when you've got both wheels down.

Its fun, though.