PDA

View Full Version : video settings ?

jeffb66
03-10-2006, 08:35 PM
thanks for everyones help in the past, but have a few video setting ?s for i am very computer illiterate (sp?). any answers in SIMPLE form are greatly appreciated . i have a geforce 6600 graphics card, windows xp. 1. what is particle density and what does increasing or decrasing it do? 2. what is synchronized , and should i check it?

thanks and i love this game

AO1_AW_SW_USN
03-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Partical Density: Thickness and density of smoke and sea spray. Wrecks havoc on low end cards, but I have the same video card as you... so go to 100% and you'll be fine.

Synchronized: ??? I have no Earthly idea. Wondered that myself.

T-III
03-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I also have no Idea what sync. is? I havent noticed much of an improvement or unimprovement in frames per second when i change the settings.

rls669
03-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Synch (usually called v-synch) synchronizes the games framerate with your monitors vertical refresh rate. Usually makes very little difference -- unsynched I think allows higher fps but may result in what's called "tearing" when the game tries to draw a frame while the monitor is refreshing. I don't think I've ever seen it happen (or just didn't notice).