PDA

View Full Version : Take offs (from airfields)

NZspurs
11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Im sure im not the only one to ask this, but im trying to takeoof from a land based airstrip, and the wircraft alierons go mental as i gather speed. I've added a little rudder to prevent the nose turn, but how do i prevent the machine from rocking like a landing craft on D-day?

NZspurs
11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Im sure im not the only one to ask this, but im trying to takeoof from a land based airstrip, and the wircraft alierons go mental as i gather speed. I've added a little rudder to prevent the nose turn, but how do i prevent the machine from rocking like a landing craft on D-day?

brasil66
11-10-2004, 03:14 PM
We believe this is a bug. Only occurs in certain aircraft - such as P40B and C models.
The temporary "fix" is the remember to raise your tail off the ground ASAP. You can do this at a very low speed in the P40. You will be okay once you do that.

NZspurs
11-10-2004, 03:17 PM
cheers for that. I guess this will be fixed in the first update.

Thanks again for the help

brasil66
11-10-2004, 05:55 PM
You're welcome. I dont know if its an official bug, but I've read several posts about it and noticed it myself in the Pearl Harbor P40 mission.
Its a pretty small thing...I wouldnt expect it necessarily to be fixed in the first patch, but perhaps eventually.

ArielSharon1978
11-10-2004, 08:19 PM
God post, my plane rocks like a bed at a $10 per hour motel when i take off in a P-40 and a noob so i wasn't sure if it was my Joytick or not?