PDA

View Full Version : 1.04 Patch Out Today

QuidProKuo
06-23-2010, 07:44 AM
The Splinter Cell Conviction v1.04 Update for PC is out today. You can find it here. (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/splinter_cell_conviction/splinter_cell_conviction_1.04.exe)

Patch Notes -

* Fixes for matchmaking
* Fix unique key activation
* Fix a crash related to friendsí management
* Miscellaneous fix for voice chat
* Fix keyboard control modification also affecting the controller.

Victoroos
06-23-2010, 08:24 AM
woow, I'm the only one who is checking this out/
is aw steam: ready with downlaoding, I though &^*&*%$
thanks ubi

NYSP0186
06-23-2010, 09:10 AM
About to download the patch. Hopefully more then just you and I have it downloaded!

strelok0017
06-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Ok I found someone for CO-OP but after 15 min of playing game crashed and this error popped up:

General protection fault!

History:

Stack:
Address = 0x57b671 (filename not found)
Address = 0x764514 (filename not found)
GImage ::GImage()Address = 7ea2ea (filename not found)
GImage::GImage()Address = 0x79f344 (filename not found)
Address = 0x1 (filename not found)

This started happening AFTER 1.04 (main reason I post it here is because I think it may be somehow related to patch 1.04) patch was applied. Hope UBISOFT looks into it.

mouthfullofhhh
06-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Surprisingly (sarcasm), still no improvement.

strelok0017
06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Also, I dunno if anyone has same prob, but if someone on my friends list is online (that arrow sign is red) invite option is greyed out so its pretty much useless since I can't invite anyway.

Soul_Harvester97
06-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by strelok0017:
Also, I dunno if anyone has same prob, but if someone on my friends list is online (that arrow sign is red) invite option is greyed out so its pretty much useless since I can't invite anyway.

It might help if you start a private match before trying to invite someone to it. If you did try that, I'm not calling you stupid, just trying to help. Add me if it works. Same name that this post was made by.

lemon_pips
06-23-2010, 09:30 PM
did the patch fix the part about not allowing you to connect to the servers?

JasonDaPsycho
06-24-2010, 01:09 AM
For once I have mannaged to play the game on multiplayer for 3 consecutive hours and almost finished the game.

However, I'm not sure if my partner and I were lucky or what. My fingers are crossed though, since my first attempt after installing the patch was still an out-of-sync error.

tysonsflag
06-24-2010, 04:17 AM
yeah i managed to play the coop from start to finish with someone last night uninterrupted. I found them through matchmaking on my first attempt.
However, when i try to find a match today, it has gone back to the whole searching and searching thing.

chicken32
06-24-2010, 11:59 AM
how many times are they going to say Fix Matchmaking when its not?

Versus-Mroj
06-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I want fix subtitles timing in COOP Story!
In SOLO it's OK, but in COOP every subtitle is showed only for few seconds and I can't read it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

braiog
06-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by chicken32:
how many times are they going to say Fix Matchmaking when its not?

That made me lol, but you're right.

They don't really state what in matchmaking they are fixing, but it doesn't seem to be network/performance issues.

Alasdairt
06-24-2010, 05:58 PM
if there's no mic plugged in, get horrible errors crashing game just attempting to CLICK on co-op.

The server is unavailable for .. 70% of the time

and.. when it DOES try to work, it takes almost 10-15 minutes to pair, when I'm SURE there are more matches than that!

(win7 64 bit)

Soul_Harvester97
06-24-2010, 08:34 PM
what about voice chat? i know the game works fine, if not better, for me than it did, but what about voice chat?

crevlthe
06-25-2010, 01:35 AM
well, I noticed something.

after installing this patch the probability of connecting to the SCC server has reduced to like 25%. whereas before, I could connect to other people, now it doesn't even login properly.

GUInterface
06-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Are there going to be any more patches to optimize the game or not?

jakal66
06-26-2010, 10:16 AM
I guess with all this horrible costumer care,they've got our money,so pretty much conviction is nearing extiction...

How could a company screw uo so much...

QofBanditZ
06-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Seems better now.

mouthfullofhhh
06-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeh after trying a few more times I can play a few multiplayer games so things have improved but the online experience is still way off the mark. Matchmaking is very random, one time you can get a game within pressing the button, next try you have to wait 20 minutes. For some reason I can't use the invite button on my friends list, it's just dark if you get what I mean, I can't hover over it to highlight and select it.

So better but still alot to do unisoft.

CHAUTAUQUA
06-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Alasdairt:
if there's no mic plugged in, get horrible errors crashing game just attempting to CLICK on co-op.

and.. when it DOES try to work, it takes almost 10-15 minutes to pair, when I'm SURE there are more matches than that!

(win7 64 bit)

Same issues here after I received a ~30 MB patch via Steam (1.03?). While using Steam version, how does one determine .exe version we are running?

I know the games update automatically on Steam however how do we check the version installed?

Win 7 64 bit too. Single player runs amazing @ 1920 x 1080, so this is absolutely a connectivity/multiplayer issue.

On that note, when a game DOES connect, it runs without lag for the duration of the match until completion or until we don't want to play.

Its just the initial "lobby connection" if you will that is still problematic (General protection fault crashes to desktop), but once you finally get into lobby and the match gets launched, I am in 100%.

Boris5134
06-27-2010, 07:24 PM
FINALLY. Matchmaking that works. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Now to just find some people who don't try to Rambo assault the darn place and shoot out every light they can find.

CHAUTAUQUA
06-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by CHAUTAUQUA:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alasdairt:

(win7 64 bit)

Same issues here after I received a ~30 MB patch via Steam (1.03?). While using Steam version, how does one determine .exe version we are running?

I know the games update automatically on Steam however how do we check the version installed?

Win 7 64 bit too. Single player runs amazing @ 1920 x 1080, so this is absolutely a connectivity/multiplayer issue.

On that note, when a game DOES connect, it runs without lag for the duration of the match until completion or until we don't want to play.

Its just the initial "lobby connection" if you will that is still problematic (General protection fault crashes to desktop), but once you finally get into lobby and the match gets launched, I am in 100%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was able to determine I am running 1.04, I checked the file "gameinfo.ini" in my steamapps/common/splinter cell directory.

So apparently even with the 1.04 it appears rather hit and miss to get a match started.

roelbartstra
06-30-2010, 03:34 AM
The problems I have with this new patch:

-Login in to the servers takes a really long time, I first have to play Deniable Ops for a couple of minutes, here is where the next problem can be found:
-DLC maps are not showing up, I first have to play another map, then return to lobby, and finally they are in the list.

The only thing I really would like to see fixed is the terrible frame-rate in coop mode. It's barely playable.

waderfew2010
07-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Finnaly no crashes at all and they've returnd resolution 1920-1200 now its all perfect

Skratche17
07-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Before I got this update, there was never any connection to the Splinter Cell server. I got it, still no connection. It will search for a match, and when it finds one, the entire game shuts down, and comes up with an error report. Never happened before this update. Before the update, it just couldn't find a match ever.
So

Is there even a Splinter Cell Server yet?

Is this update screwed up?

Is my computer messed up?

Did I get a bad CD?

SOMEONE HELP ME!

sam2000_290
07-09-2010, 08:11 AM
The problem that I am having is that whenever I get to the next part of a level, the game keeps going out of sync. The simulation is out of sync. It is very annoying.

braiog
07-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Matchmaking is not fixed.

The game is still broken. I'm officially giving up on this game. It has helped put me over the top on reassuring myself to never purchase another Ubisoft game again.

Their post-sales support is horrendous. Best of luck to those who are hoping for 1.05 or 1.06's 'Fixed matchmaking' to do anything for them.

pleioblastus
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I want my money back..

Slash_Wolf
07-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Dear Ubisoft,

Give me my money back, I'm sick and tired of you scammers.
Making people believe this product is fantastic, by showing Co-op game trailers with maximum experience, singleplayer experience too.
Give me my money back for this game is rubbish and shouldn't be sold anymore, Ubisoft, this is the last time you disappoint me, I have got enough of you scammers, good luck further with the new "Splinter Cell" which will FAAAILLL even harder than this one, you guys suck.

PS: 'I'm never going to purchase a product of you, next time it's a cracked version for me, as you see, those even WORK. Shame on you.

Dalver
07-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Directly after having updated to 1.04 I started Conviction up and it found me a match in less than 10 seconds. After having closed Conviction down, the second time I started up the game "the servers are unavailable at this time" exactly like before the patch.

It worked as it should but then didn't after having exited the game the first time.

Soul_Harvester97
08-03-2010, 02:39 PM
The game has worked flawlessly aside from a few server errors for me. What I want to know is when the voice chat will be fixed because some people are really stupid and will constantly try to talk to you with the mic right up at the mouth so that what they are saying is loud as hell on top of the fact that you can't understand anything that is said 99.99% of the time. When will this be fixed Ubisoft?!?! You'll lose alot of potential customers if you don't get these little "UNIMPORTANT" problems fixed soon!!!

Sharpshooter221
08-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Just tried private game with BlackHawk0559, he hosted. Failed. I hosted. Failed.

Matchmaking at the same time. Failed.

When the private games failed it told us our versions were different, we know they arent because YOU CANT PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT THE CURRENT PATCH.

Matchmaking just went to the "Searching for any match in this game mode"

Cmon guys, fair go; i payed $60 for this game.

Sharpshooter221
08-26-2010, 04:58 AM
So Ubisoft, do you plan to adress the problem and fix private matches or not?

lednik_248
09-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by QuidProKuo:
The Splinter Cell Conviction v1.04 Update for PC is out today. You can find it here. (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/splinter_cell_conviction/splinter_cell_conviction_1.04.exe)

Patch Notes -

* Fixes for matchmaking

Deadly47
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Here is the real problem, the game is great and nothing wrong about it.

The only thing I think they need to do is:

1. Allow us to drag bodies.

2. Make matchmaking a option. Of course in doing this you would have to do the following.

3.Allow dedicated severs and make a sever list/lobby like the last splintercell games.

4. I think you guys need to make a better net code so it runs propertly back when we all played choas theory and such, I was running the game with only 56k modem and the MP ran great, now I have dsl and Convinctions mp has a shorter battery life then one of the old laptop rofl. But seriosuly those are the only things I would really change.

P.S I finally found my mic and used it on Conviction works like a charm, but please add text chat for those of us who perfer old school chatting

Sincerly, Deadly47.

IceTal0n
10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
I will have to check tommrow but recently when i started the game it would begin to load the Ubi launcher and then would seem to start logg me in but nothing would come up for a second and then a message would come up saying like something had happened and "error code 2" does anyone know why that may of been happening?

P.S. i will be updating this post if i find that it is now working.

IceTal0n
10-24-2010, 08:43 AM
ok this is what it says

"Ubisoft game launcher: error code 2" what does it mean?!?!?! D:

michel881988
11-13-2010, 06:35 AM
the 1.04 patch is cumulative?
or need the previous update? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Jazz117Volkov
12-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by michel881988:
the 1.04 patch is cumulative?
or need the previous update? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif There should be two afaik.
Or check the size.
if patch 1.04 is slightly larger then patch 1.03 then it will be cumulative. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BOND2207
12-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Has anyone else noticed a very dramatic FPS drop since the patch?

I use to be able to run it really well but since that patch my FPS goes down real fast as soon as I enter a room with lots of enemies or lights. All of a sudden wierd. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jason-Alaska
02-23-2011, 11:42 AM
I got an improvement in FPS after the 1.04 patch. Make sure your video drivers are up to date. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ali135
03-04-2011, 08:51 AM
i would like to say how can we use the voice chat while playing Please help me in that problem. and thanks for the new update.

best redards

Zn4k3r
03-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by ali135:
i would like to say how can we use the voice chat while playing Please help me in that problem. and thanks for the new update.

best redards

Check the controls. You can set a button to toggle voice on and off. I've seen nothing else about it.

vivz_kestrel
03-18-2011, 11:37 PM
the voice chat in this game is pure bull****. I strongly suggest you use skype, teamspeak or whatever.
If you wanna voice chat...
press and hold V and talk on mic, the other guy can hear it

nippaditty1941
04-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I just bought this game and trying to work through it. I'm in the large hotel ( or building ) and trying to find Shara's (?) Killer. I'm down in the lower floors and just took out all the bad guys. That room has led me to a door that goes out side again in some ally. I hear and see them talking up stairs but I cannot go there ( Climb or jump,etc.) and I cannot return the way I got in because doors are locked now. My question is how do I get out of here and how do I get the bad guys on the second and third floors?.

jusacityboy
04-19-2011, 07:14 AM
HOW DO YOU LINK!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Chromie192
04-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I bought this game over the weekend. Lots of fun but what is wrong with this multiplayer? Coop barely works and when I do connect it works only for like a half hour.

Pirated versions work in multiplayer maybe I should have pirated this game.

CHAUTAUQUA
04-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I was able to resolve all my multiplayer issues (when people are actually on and playing) by connecting a USB mic to the computer.

You can still use the purchased game to play with a virtual LAN adaptor (something like Tunngle).

When you launch the purchased game while on Tunngle, you can access multiplayer matches through the LAN menu of your purchased copy.

Feel free to add me in game if you want to play or test it out.

OSENSE
06-17-2011, 03:31 AM
2 of us just purchaced two copys to play LAN and online from steam now we cannot even play it very dissapointed considering how many 100's I have spent on Ubisoft games

taffy62
06-18-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm going to assume there's no word of any future patches or updates happening for this game in the near future?
It doesn't bother me that much, but didn't they mention they were going to add the ability to drag bodies eventually? It'd be awfully handy too.

Nevertheless, this games one of my favourite games ever - up there with chaos theory too.
Anyone who wants to have a match sometime, look me up in the Looking For Partners thread.

MarkSix
08-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by taffy62:
but didn't they mention they were going to add the ability to drag bodies eventually? It'd be awfully handy too.
That's what I miss most about the game...

Lazarus_Lead
08-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by strelok0017:
Ok I found someone for CO-OP but after 15 min of playing game crashed and this error popped up:

General protection fault!

History:

Stack:
Address = 0x57b671 (filename not found)
Address = 0x764514 (filename not found)
GImage ::GImage()Address = 7ea2ea (filename not found)
GImage::GImage()Address = 0x79f344 (filename not found)
Address = 0x1 (filename not found)

This started happening AFTER 1.04 (main reason I post it here is because I think it may be somehow related to patch 1.04) patch was applied. Hope UBISOFT looks into it.

I second this. Happened to me at least twice.

hunted188
10-01-2011, 07:05 AM
my problem is when i play this game for 5 minutes my computer freezes i have to pull the plug its strange because i played games like crysis 2 and deus ex whit no problems this patch does not work for me

lirnli
11-25-2011, 03:19 AM
The server is still unavailable for me. Never can I play coop without TUNNGLE. If I knew this, I would not even bother to buy a copy.
Originally posted by QuidProKuo:

Patch Notes -

* Fixes for matchmaking

MarkSix
11-26-2011, 10:37 AM
not much that really makes my experience with it much better, but ah well...

Jameswalker72
11-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Mm i cant seem to install the patch, I DL the game via steam , when i run the installer it tells me the Conviction isnt even installed !, any help would be appreciated, thx )

Jameswalker72
11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
This is doing my head in !, when i clck co-op i get no player available , i know its prob because i need to install an update patch but as the game runs via the steam installer i just get the message no game installed !, help pls

smith_dream
12-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Who bought via steam already have v1.04

GiriGiri.Ninja
12-06-2011, 08:33 AM
I have bought it a few days ago and i only tried MP since yesterday but I can't connect. I also get that "general protection fault" when I try Hunter mode but when i try the others I only get a very waiting screen (never connected).

awsommode
12-27-2013, 01:24 AM
How come when I try to install the patch, it keeps telling me, that I don't have the game install. I un-installed and installed the game a few time, also restated my computer, still didn't work.

awsommode
12-27-2013, 01:25 AM

Patch Notes -

* Fixes for matchmaking

How come when I try to install the patch, it keeps telling me, that I don't have the game install. I un-installed and installed the game a few time, also restated my computer, still didn't work.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, please open a ticket with Technical Support so they can troubleshoot this with you, the link is in my signature.