PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer for Embers

kriegerdesgottes
10-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Awesome trailer for Embers. This is official so I hope not to get in trouble for this one.

Well I removed it for now just in case this is leaked since it's not on the Ubiworkshop yet.

ace3001
10-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
[removed]

Awesome trailer for Embers. This is official so I hope not to get in trouble for this one.

Enjoy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif OMG new one?? Thanks for sharing, as usual. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dxsxhxcx
10-15-2011, 07:27 PM
this is the same trailer that was posted earlier by OldAngel and some people were asking him to remove it because they tought it was a leaked video...

[SPOILER]

at least now we understand why <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Shao Jun grabbed Ezio that way in the image</span> that was posted in another thread some days ago

kriegerdesgottes
10-15-2011, 07:29 PM
hmm I'll remove it then just in case. Thanks for the heads up.

dxsxhxcx
10-15-2011, 07:35 PM
no problem, a word from a mod regarding to this would be more than welcome, this way we could post the video again (if they confirm it isn't a leaked video) and discuss about it.. :P

sp33dd34m0n
10-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Amazing trailer!

My guess: This girl comes to bring Ezio some bad news, like to warn him. I wish it would be November 15 already...

Deathgrim666
10-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I am super excited about the movie and this trailer looks cool.

Brunadas
10-15-2011, 08:00 PM
kriegerdesgotte could you please PM the link for me?I didn't see it :\

Thanks

kriegerdesgottes
10-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Brunadas:

Thanks

Kolitha still has my original post up if you want to see it. It's also on youtube.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Ah.. I really love the art style. If we didn't know about Ezio or Assassin's Creed before this, this would make for a good "Old Man used to be a badass" story.

It's funny that it's only around 10 years before this that he was running around all over the place and now he looks like he's struggling a bit to run up that field.

kriegerdesgottes
10-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Ah.. I really love the art style. If we didn't know about Ezio or Assassin's Creed before this, this would make for a good "Old Man used to be a badass" story.

It's funny that it's only around 10 years before this that he was running around all over the place and now he looks like he's struggling a bit to run up that field.

It kind of saddens me a little to see him struggle so hard to run is that weird?

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 08:27 PM
It isn't weird, I was a little sad also.

But I think he's sick. I think that's how he's going to die, of a sickness.

I mean, Ezio probably settled down right after Revelations or soon after, he's 52. He has his kids around that age I guess.. I mean, I sure hope it's around then. I'm not sure how many 7-10 yr. old kids could see a 65-70 year old as their father,

souNdwAve89
10-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Ten years is a big gap and it is about time the age aspect kicked in. During the events that we get to play in ACR, he still runs like he does in AC2 (all thanks to having TWCB DNA running in his veins). It sucks to see Ezio actually having trouble running, but it was bound to happen some day.

The video itself is great and I like the animation and look as well. It is cool to see Shao Jun having her hidden blade on a bracer like Desmond.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I still think that Ezio is just sick here. He does die the year that Embers takes place. I guessing he'll die to whatever he's sick of.

I wonder where he's living though. It looks like Tuscany from what we see. Maybe the outskirts of Florence..

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 08:35 PM
He's 53 at the start of Revelations, Revelations takes two years. He's 53 minimum when he has his kids.

As for how a kid could see an older man as their fahter, it's not that uncommon, actually.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 08:37 PM
My Dad is 56.. I know about old men being fathers.

And where's the source for Revelations taking 2 years?

and the source for the stuff in the 'Assassin Brotherhood' topic?

kriegerdesgottes
10-15-2011, 08:38 PM
He's actually 52. Darby confirmed that at one point plus 1511-1459=52

Umm... I removed it too, just in case. =/

Yeah I don't blame you. Better safe than sorry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I sent the mods a private message to see if I can re-post it in case it's not a leak.

ace3001
10-15-2011, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brunadas:

Thanks

Kolitha still has my original post up if you want to see it. It's also on youtube. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Umm... I removed it too, just in case. =/

ThaWhistle
10-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
He's 53 at the start of Revelations, Revelations takes two years. He's 53 minimum when he has his kids.

As for how a kid could see an older man as their fahter, it's not that uncommon, actually.

especially at that time in history, alot of men married when they were old, and subsequently had kids very late in life.

masterfenix2009
10-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by deathgrim666:
I am super excited about the movie and this trailer looks cool. More excited for the movie,than the game?

Deathgrim666
10-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:
I am super excited about the movie and this trailer looks cool. More excited for the movie,than the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am more excited for the game then the movie but i still want to watch the move.

NewBlade200
10-15-2011, 09:58 PM
My dad is in his fifties...

And he injured himself somewhere that sounds like Hama...

And he has a beard...

<STRIKE>And he attacks Asian women who get too close to me...</STRIKE>

I wonder if he was an assassin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Altair661
10-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Is there anyway to see this on youtube?

kriegerdesgottes
10-15-2011, 10:11 PM
yes, If you go to youtube and type in assassins creed revelations and then click upload date, it should pop up.

ThaWhistle
10-15-2011, 10:20 PM
people dont cough unless they are dying.

that is the rule of hollywood.

albertwesker22
10-15-2011, 10:31 PM

Well he does die that same year. He could be in bad health. Mario could still free run at 65.

Saqaliba
10-16-2011, 01:25 AM
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6199/shousez.jpg

So, I remember reading in an interview that Ezio moves to a place in Florence that we will recognize and go "Hey, I know that place".

Yeah?

Well I have been looking for it and I can't find it. Looks more like the fields in Tuscany. Anyone?

EDIT

Ok, after watching the first Embers trailer again, it looks like he moves to Florence to stay safe. So maybe this is Tuscany.

RzaRecta357
10-16-2011, 01:37 AM
I think I just watched this trailer on youtube. I love the art.

nuchiy
10-16-2011, 02:05 AM
I just loaded AC2 to check a hunch and I'm 99% sure that house is Villa Salviati near San Gimignano. But the walls surrounding the villa seem to have been taken down.

Saqaliba
10-16-2011, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by violetpenny:
I just loaded AC2 to check a hunch and I'm 99% sure that house is Villa Salviati near San Gimignano. But the walls surrounding the villa seem to have been taken down.

Ah you are right.So they must leave to another house in Florence to protect his family from whatever threat Shao Jun informs him of.

nuchiy
10-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by violetpenny:

Ah you are right.So they must leave to another house in Florence to protect his family from whatever threat Shao Jun informs him of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your theory sounds totally plausible to me =)

I'm so pumped for November 15, but kind of sad and dreading it at the same time.

souNdwAve89
10-16-2011, 03:26 AM
In other news, we can speculate that Chinese assassins use a different form of the hidden blade. Shao Jun's hidden blade has 3 thinner blades.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/527/shaojunhiddenbladetribl.jpg

superkootje
10-16-2011, 03:42 AM
Can anybody pm me the link of that new trailer?
I can't find it anywhere :S

InfectedNation
10-16-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by violetpenny:

Well spotted!!!! I agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Here's the link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyK4xZYy8sE

It's great how I care about Ezios poor health. Not a lot of other characters in games would get the same reaction from me.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

It's great how I care about Ezios poor health. Not a lot of other characters in games would get the same reaction from me.
Yeah. It kinda makes me sad too. He really should hire a bodyguard.

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Yeah. It kinda makes me sad too. He really should hire a bodyguard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I was wondering why he has no Assassins around his home at all. It's a bit strange to leave an old Grandmaster Assassin totally unprotected and he knows so much. If templars did target him at the very least the Italian Assassin's would be in a lot of trouble.

And I know he could possibly fight off a few Templars but being realistic he could barely run from where he was standing to his daughter when Shao Jun came.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Yeah. It kinda makes me sad too. He really should hire a bodyguard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I was wondering why he has no Assassins around his home at all. It's a bit strange to leave an old Grandmaster Assassin totally unprotected and he knows so much. If templars did target him at the very least the Italian Assassin's would be in a lot of trouble.

And I know he could possibly fight off a few Templars but being realistic he could barely run from where he was standing to his daughter when Shao Jun came. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah. I wonder what Shao Jun's purpose for coming is.

ace3001
10-16-2011, 06:15 AM

Yeah. I wonder what Shao Jun's purpose for coming is. Maybe she's to be his bodyguard? Dunno, just a silly thought. :P

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 06:18 AM

Yeah. I wonder what Shao Jun's purpose for coming is.

She probably has been sent to possibly inform Ezio that there Templar Assassins coming for him and his family and she is most likely there to protect them.

But thats only a guess there a lot of possible reason for her being there.

koivumaki
10-16-2011, 09:43 AM
that villa is the same villa where you assassinate that priest in ac2 but whitout walls it even have same stabelshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Well whether he lives in Florence or not, he seems to make his way there with Shao Jun for some reason either way.

[

Animuses
10-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Wow, that looks absolutely amazing. The art style for Embers really compliments the beauty of Firenze.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Well I just got official confirmation from the Mods that I am not allowed to have that video or the pic that I just posted of Florence on here so just letting everyone know that it is leaked material. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

rileypoole1234
10-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Wow. That looks great. It is pretty saddening to see Ezio running like that. But he is Ezio so i'm sure he'll have some tricks up his sleeve for when the real danger comes.

rain89c
10-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Awwwww, shiiiiit! I love this! It clearly shows Shao Jun is part of the assassin order with that logo. I'm really getting my hopes up for AC3 in China now !!! woooooot! AHAHAH
In your face! to all those who said AC3 couldn't take place in the Far East b/c it wouldn't make sense blah blah!
I cannot wait to hear more info about the Chinese assassin order! omfg AHhah

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by rain89c:
Awwwww, shiiiiit! I love this! It clearly shows Shao Jun is part of the assassin order with that logo. I'm really getting my hopes up for AC3 in China now !!! woooooot! AHAHAH
In your face! to all those who said AC3 couldn't take place in the Far East!

This doesn't even allude to AC3 being in China. It just shows that there is an Assassin Guild in China.

Which if you think about it, is kind of obvious since they have Assassin Guilds everywhere else.

And also, no one ever said that AC3 never could take place in the Far East. Just that they don't think it should, and that an Assassin wasn't going to become a Ninja.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:

This doesn't even allude to AC3 being in China. It just shows that there is an Assassin Guild in China.

Which if you think about it, is kind of obvious since they have Assassin Guilds everywhere else.

And also, no one ever said that AC3 never could take place in the Far East. Just that they don't think it should, and that an Assassin wasn't going to become a Ninja. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is a really subconsiously racist reason if you think about it for half a second.

Altair isn't a knight assassin because he was in the Crusades. Ezio isn't a painter assassin because he was in the Renaissance.

Why should people assume that a far east Assassin is going to just be a ninja, and why do people assume that being a ninja actually means looking like or fighting in any particular way or with any particular weapons?

This is AC. The Artists and writers do whatever the heck they want. I don't think anyone should think that ANY setting will EVER change that.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 03:50 PM
This alludes to nothing except that Shao Jun is Chinese(which we all knew) and that there is an assassin order in China(which we knew). This means nothing for AC3. In fact if you want to be technical, what we do see is Ezio's daughter(who is not Chinese). I do wonder though which one of Ezio's two children leads to Desmond.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 03:54 PM
We'll probably have a sex scene at the end of Revelations like we had at the beginning of Brotherhood.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
We'll probably have a sex scene at the end of Revelations like we had at the beginning of Brotherhood.

I think Revelations will probably end much like the Altair scene in ACII where Ezio and Sofia are together safely back in Italy and then Ezio walks away or something and Desmond will stay with Sofia and the game will end. I think that would be a fitting end for the game.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 03:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I think Revelations will probably end much like the Altair scene in ACII where Ezio and Sofia are together safely back in Italy and then Ezio walks away or something and Desmond will stay with Sofia and the game will end. I think that would be a fitting end for the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then Desmond wakes up from his coma saying "Oh my god I ended with sex."

LightRey
10-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:

And also, no one ever said that AC3 never could take place in the Far East. Just that they don't think it should, and that an Assassin wasn't going to become a Ninja. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is a really subconsiously racist reason if you think about it for half a second.

Altair isn't a knight assassin because he was in the Crusades. Ezio isn't a painter assassin because he was in the Renaissance.

Why should people assume that a far east Assassin is going to just be a ninja, and why do people assume that being a ninja actually means looking like or fighting in any particular way or with any particular weapons?

This is AC. The Artists and writers do whatever the heck they want. I don't think anyone should think that ANY setting will EVER change that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jexx never said that it being in the far east would mean ninja-Asassins, merely that people would neither like AC3 to be in China, nor that there would be ninja-assassins. You should stop accusing people of being racist, it's insulting.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

This is AC. The Artists and writers do whatever the heck they want. I don't think anyone should think that ANY setting will EVER change that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jexx never said that it being in the far east would mean ninja-Asassins, merely that people would neither like AC3 to be in China, nor that there would be ninja-assassins. You should stop accusing people of being racist, it's insulting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't speaking directly to Jexx. And seriously, it's not insulting if it's valid.

Why in the world should I just say nothing while everyone seems to dislike the idea of an Asian setting because a kind of fighter ubiquitous in popular culture existed in some parts of Asia at some times, while everyone fails to notice that AC1 was the exact same thing, but with Knights instead of ninjas and in the Middle East, and the main character was NOT a knight stereotype.

So if that bit of "logic" that everyone uses is flawed, then the only thing that can be left is that people have negative connotations about Asian culture.

And that's all the more reason the next AC game should be set there. Screw any kind of elitism.

I didn't single anyone out, I was just talking about attitudes towards the idea that I've seen.

AC is not about any particular section of the world.

Can you really not see anything even a little racist about people just wanting everything to happen in a region that have no prejudices against, or they are more familiar about?

We are all humans, and everywhere exists and did exist wether we like it or not.

And the AC story team can make beautiful environments and a kick-butt story about ANYWHERE and ANY TIME. I dispise any idea otherwise.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Calvarok,
You're the one with the racist thoughts here. You're automatically assuming that someone who dislikes for the game to be set in Asia or for there to be ninjas come from some strange point of view that all Asians are ninjas or that Asian culture is boring. That's a very racist thing to think, since these ideas can be, and in this case are completely separate from such a point of view.

It's not racist to dislike an Asian setting, it's racist to think that that is racist.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 04:20 PM
ugh Calvarok, no one has said there are no assassins in Asia. No one has claimed that Asians couldn't be assassins. We all know that Eastern Asians would be assassins as well since the order is everywhere. People don't want the next game in Asia because

1. It's overdone in games.
2. Desmond as far as we know so far has no Asian ancestry. (I will say again though that he certainly could.)

That is not racist at all. I personally find Asian history/culture fascinating. I just don't think it fits well into this particular part of the Assassin story. Maybe with another descendant but not with Desmond.

Edit: Damn it Rey you always get my points across faster and better than I can! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
ugh Calvarok, no one has said there are no assassins in Asia. No one has claimed that Asians couldn't be assassins. We all know that Eastern Asians would be assassins as well since the order is everywhere. People don't want the next game in Asia because

1. It's overdone in games.
2. Desmond as far as we know so far has no Asian ancestry. (I will say again though that he certainly could.)

That is not racist at all. I personally find Asian history/culture fascinating. I just don't think it fits well into this particular part of the Assassin story. Maybe with another descendant but not with Desmond.

Edit: Damn it Rey you always get my points across faster and better than I can! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
xD
I've said it before haven't I? I'm fast as a ninja http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
So basically what I just said is that I hate it when people have irrational or racist reasons for not wanting Asia, and you say "But wait, I don't have irrational or racist reasons".

Well, I'm glad about that, but obviously if you don't have those reasons then I was not talking about you, right?

So you don't need to be offended by anything I've said.

I fail to see how it is overdone in games, moreso than other settings. The majority of games don't even take place on earth, or take place in an alternate reality where nothing is the same as it is on earth.

We've done a middle eastern setting, a renaissance italy setting, the only other possible places they could do would be something more western, and everything western is MORE prevelant in all forms of media. And it doesn't matter how much it's been overdone in other games, because no other games show locations and history from such a unique point of view.

And the idea that Desmond has no asian ancestors is easy to get around. His ancestor doesn't have to be asian. And it's not totally unlikely that he could have some asian ancestry just because he looks like a typical white guy.

I'm a typical-looking black guy and I have whole bunch of german ancestry. Does it show in my face? Not really. Because the genes that your mother and father split between you are never an equal representation of their lineages. The son or daughter of a white and black couple could be black or white.

I don't see how you could argue that any location "fits the story" better, because we don't even know what AC3's story is going to be about.

Animuses
10-16-2011, 04:35 PM
@Calvarok
Most people are anti-ninja, not anti-Asia.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 04:37 PM

That's what you said in reply to Jexx's post. You're directly accusing him of (subconscious) racism. I don't care that you have an opinion about people that have irrational or racist reasons for not wanting Asia. That's not the point. The point is that you directly accused Jexx of being racist and I pointed out that these reasons you stated don't apply to what he said, therefore you wrongfully accused Jexx of being racist, which in turn brings me to my point of you yourself being racist for doing so under said circumstances, which I've explained above.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Which is a really subconsiously racist reason if you think about it for half a second.

That's what you said in reply to Jexx's post. You're directly accusing him of (subconscious) racism. I don't care that you have an opinion about people that have irrational or racist reasons for not wanting Asia. That's not the point. The point is that you directly accused Jexx of being racist and I pointed out that these reasons you stated don't apply to what he said, therefore you wrongfully accused Jexx of being racist, which in turn brings me to my point of you yourself being racist for doing so under said circumstances, which I've explained above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I was saying that when he was talking about "some people", (which I'm assuming is not himself) not wanting Asia because of not wanting ninjas.

It's racist/ assumist/prejeduiced, whatever you want to call it, because that viewpoint says "If it's in Asia, then it automatically means they have to be Ninjas".

That's what I'm talking about. Some people can't seem to separate the idea of the Assassin order in Asia and Ninjas, even though they had no problem separating the Assassin order in the Holy land and Knights.

It's a double standard to say that a ubiquitous archetype from one region will "taint" the Assassin style, while a different one from another will not.

If everyone is just anti-ninja, then they should realize that you can get rid of Ninjas without getting rid of Asia. It was a very big place you know. Much more diverse than Europe, relatively. There were plenty of other archetypes and armies.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
And also, no one ever said that AC3 never could take place in the Far East. Just that they don't think it should, and that an Assassin wasn't going to become a Ninja.

If you read that in that little sentence, than you are racist my friend. This sentence does not even suggest that the presence of ninja's would be the cause of these people not liking East Asia as a setting. Let alone that you could make such a wild (and as I've explained racist) conclusion.

Let me put it this way:
Suppose one of us had said that they'd not like a Medieval European setting and that they didn't like knights. Would that be a racist thing to say? No, of course not. There's no suggestion that all Medieval Europeans were knights, or any stereotyping of any kind. Just 2 vaguely related opinions, one of a setting and one of an aspect that could be part of said setting.

Now if you say that the opinion Jexx spoke of was racist, and this one isn't, then you're discriminating between people with these kinds of opinions about Asia and people with these kinds of opinions about Europe and that, my friend, is racist.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 05:19 PM
"Just that they don't think it should, and that an Assassin wasn't going to become a Ninja."
It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to infer that that sentence represents a point of view that outs Asia as an option specifically because Assassins shouldn't be ninjas. I am assuming nothing, I'm just looking at an attitude that Jexx brought up but said was not his own,and which I've seen before.

And to this: "Let me put it this way:
Suppose one of us had said that they'd not like a Medieval European setting and that they didn't like knights. Would that be a racist thing to say? No, of course not. There's no suggestion that all Medieval Europeans were knights, or any stereotyping of any kind. Just 2 vaguely related opinions, one of a setting and one of an aspect that could be part of said setting.

Now if you say that the opinion Jexx spoke of was racist, and this one isn't, then you're discriminating between people with these kinds of opinions about Asia and people with these kinds of opinions about Europe and that, my friend, is racist."

Well guess what? Jexx said that the problem was NOT Asia.

So my example about medival settings would assume that that wasn't the problem there either.

Because some people have been shown to easily accept that X culture is not entirely populated with stereotypes, and have a harder time accepting the same for another.

That is an attitude I'm talking about.

So anyways, all I'm trying to say is that people who like Asia but don't like ninjas should say "I would like an asian setting, but no ninjas", instead of saying that they want neither, because if they say they want neither they're implying that they are irreversably connected, which is a stereotype, which fosters misunderstanding, which causes prejudice, which is a feature of racism.

And that is why I think the obviously racist view that I have had to spend far to much time describing that is held by other people that Jexx's comment reminded me of, but Jexx him/herself is not a part of is obviously racist.

I'm not saying YOU hold that view, I'm not saying EVERYONE holds that view, I am saying EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING.

Are we freaking done?

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Err..

When I read Calvarok's post, I didn't think he was calling me racist.

When I made the comment about Ninja's, I wasn't referring to that being the reason why people don't want Asia.

Now stop arguing. I don't want to have to put you in the time out corner.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Err..

When I read Calvarok's post, I didn't think he was calling me racist.

When I made the comment about Ninja's, I wasn't referring to that being the reason why people don't want Asia.

Now stop arguing. I don't want to have to put you in the time out corner.
Since you stated my point for me, yes we're done.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Man, why is this topic even still open? It's just Shao Jun speculation and a link to an illegal leaked clip.

Agentbarto
10-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Anyone seen the other clip with Shao and Ezio in Florence?

God a 21 minute film and we're going nuts over it, well at least I am just a bit more excited than others would think it necessary, for this than the game itself.

Also too bad this discussion is over, I wanted in.

Chronomancy
10-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I can't wait for the story behind Shao Junn shes really starting to grow on me I just want to learn more! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

souNdwAve89
10-17-2011, 12:09 AM
I won't be surprised if it turns out that Shao Jun is a descendant of that one Chinese assassin that is one of the statues in the sanctuary and the one that helped Altair.

YuurHeen
10-17-2011, 02:45 AM
sorry but i just have to reply here to this discussion.
just because you play a asian assassin does not mean that she is born in asia, that she will go back to asia or that she has anything to do with asia except for heritage.

my bet: we will play her in france.

souNdwAve89
10-17-2011, 03:31 AM
Nah, I doubt she is the next ancestor in AC3. All the speculation on AC3 being during the French Revolution is up in the air. There are clues in ACB and the MP, but for all we know, Ubisoft put it there to throw us off.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
I won't be surprised if it turns out that Shao Jun is a descendant of that one Chinese assassin that is one of the statues in the sanctuary and the one that helped Altair.
That assassin was actually Mongolian, but that does seem somewhat likely, yes.