PDA

View Full Version : Ezio kicking over the eagle statue (possible spoiler)

archangel_101
10-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Is Ezio doing this to open a passage to the underground library? I ask this because where the eagle is going to hit is basicly the square in the Masyaf courtyard, I just got a bit of an Indiana Jones vibe when I saw it thats all n looks like a hidden staircase or maybe just a hole in the ground where Ezio has to dive into, What do you guys think? PS Sorry if this has been already mentioned in previous threads my computer won't let me search >.<

itsamea-mario
10-12-2011, 04:55 AM
Perhaps he's killing someone in a needlessly elaborate, dramatic and unrealistic way.
Or sending a message.

Sarari
10-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I agree with mario. He might be trying to kill somebody, or he's pushing it off because it's a statue those templars put up when they took over Masyaf.

OGCFB
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I agree with mario. He might be trying to kill somebody, or he's pushing it off because it's a statue those templars put up when they took over Masyaf.
Did I miss something? Or do Templars using "Eagle anything" not add up.

Sarari
10-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by OACFB:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Did I miss something? Or do Templars using "Eagle anything" not add up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok then, maybe that wasn't the best idea lol. But I guess he's trying to send a message to them.

xx-pyro
10-12-2011, 07:41 PM
I made a post about this in a different thread. Personally, I think it's rather symbolic and shows Ezio possibly leaving/turning away from the Assassin order. Other then that the explanation that he is finally gaining access to the library is a possibility.

Sarari
10-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro: Personally, I think it's rather symbolic and shows Ezio possibly leaving/turning away from the Assassin order.
What you just said right there broke my heart :'(

I can't imagine why he would turn back on the order. Maybe because something Altair wrote down in the library explaining what the assassin order is about.

roostersrule2
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro: Personally, I think it's rather symbolic and shows Ezio possibly leaving/turning away from the Assassin order.

I can't imagine why he would turn back on the
order. Maybe because something Altair wrote down in the library explaining what the assassin order is about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How would that give the assassins an advantage over the templars, as that's what this weapon/POE/knowledge thing in Altairs library is suppose to do.

naran6142
10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
maybe he's just redecorating http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

rileypoole1234
10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I think it might have to do with finding something, whether it be under the statue, or in the square in Masayf. I don't think Ezio would go to the lengths of knocking over a statue just to kill somebody. But he might. After all, he isn't as subtle as Altair.

Calvarok
10-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think it might have to do with finding something, whether it be under the statue, or in the square in Masayf. I don't think Ezio would go to the lengths of knocking over a statue just to kill somebody. But he might. After all, he isn't as subtle as Altair.

Once again, Altair killed people by dropping logs on them and fighting through a huge army to get to his target. He is no more stealthy than Ezio, he's just got a more bland characterization. At least in AC1, everywhere else he seems less ****ish.

Altair had no real goal other than to take his time learning how to kill people in AC1. Ezio was usually operating on a tighter schedule, and was trying to do something other than kill a guy because he was told to. A lot of the time, this translated into, by nessesity, some more improvised tactics.

Altair's AC1 situation was a lot less constricting than most of Ezio's.

NewBlade200
10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro: Personally, I think it's rather symbolic and shows Ezio possibly leaving/turning away from the Assassin order.

I can't imagine why he would turn back on the order. Maybe because something Altair wrote down in the library explaining what the assassin order is about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He has to retire some time.

tyrce111
10-13-2011, 01:10 AM
A distraction maybe?

LightRey
10-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by OACFB:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Did I miss something? Or do Templars using "Eagle anything" not add up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually it does. The Eagle is an common symbol used by the Roman Empire and the Templars in ACR are supposed to be Byzantines.

archangel_101
10-13-2011, 05:17 AM
To me, seeing this in that trailer, it looks like its taking place like near the end of the game, n hes already cleared out masyaf of the templars, because I dont see a single one anywhere in those frames. I wonder if hes been given clues via Altair, and has free run to that position of the castle, then he sees the square down below, then looks at the eagle, think that the eagle has been placed there on purpose for this exact reason, kicks it, it falls, lands on the tiles, reveals the entrance or at least a way to get TO the entrance. Coz as far as i know the templars are searching for the library, nobodys said theyve found the entrance yet but I'm just speculating http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Moultonborough
10-13-2011, 05:26 AM
I think he kicked it because he needed to jump off and the eagle was in the way. I think it will turn out the same way the last Romulus Tomb was like jumping out of the building down into the well. Maybe a entrance to the tunnel to the library or a way to a seal is my guess. But only time will tell.

Mr_Shade
10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
I personally would not read too much into it..

Since it could be taken out of context.. we need to see it in the line of events.

He could be dropping it on father christmas' head..

EscoBlades
10-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I personally would not read too much into it..

Since it could be taken out of context.. we need to see it in the line of events.

He could be dropping it on father christmas' head.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Oatkeeper
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

Once again, Altair killed people by dropping logs on them and fighting through a huge army to get to his target. He is no more stealthy than Ezio, he's just got a more bland characterization. At least in AC1, everywhere else he seems less ****ish.

Altair had no real goal other than to take his time learning how to kill people in AC1. Ezio was usually operating on a tighter schedule, and was trying to do something other than kill a guy because he was told to. A lot of the time, this translated into, by nessesity, some more improvised tactics.

Altair's AC1 situation was a lot less constricting than most of Ezio's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im calling bull on that, half the people ezio killed he did so becuase someone else told him they where a Templar and therefor an enemy, for all he knew he could be killing innocents as long as he perceived it as justice for his family. He just took in in a more lighthearted manner.

And Altiar fought through an army once, but the combat in AC1 was a lot more calculative (I guess is the word) so in a way even his big fights where not as crazy as ezio who an swing wildly and kill 20 people.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

Altair's AC1 situation was a lot less constricting than most of Ezio's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im calling bull on that, half the people ezio killed he did so becuase someone else told him they where a Templar and therefor an enemy, for all he knew he could be killing innocents as long as he perceived it as justice for his family. He just took in in a more lighthearted manner.

And Altiar fought through an army once, but the combat in AC1 was a lot more calculative (I guess is the word) so in a way even his big fights where not as crazy as ezio who an swing wildly and kill 20 people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not true. Ezio killed the people on his father's list and anyone else who was part of the conspiracy he was trying to stop or was associated with those people. He was never at any point ordered to kill anyone (except maybe Rodrigo).

naran6142
10-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

And Altiar fought through an army once, but the combat in AC1 was a lot more calculative (I guess is the word) so in a way even his big fights where not as crazy as ezio who an swing wildly and kill 20 people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not true. Ezio killed the people on his father's list and anyone else who was part of the conspiracy he was trying to stop or was associated with those people. He was never at any point ordered to kill anyone (except maybe Rodrigo). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont disagree with you

but wat about the contracts?

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Ezio trusted Lorenzo more than the game implies...

Honestly AC2 didn't show character and relationship development that well...

RzaRecta357
10-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Regardless of if he was sent or not. He just killed people because someone said hey they're templars.

Altair at least questioned and contemplated every murder he did. So much so that he thought Al Muahlim would kill him in the first game.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Lol?

He questioned it a little, but he killed the person mostly because Al Mualim told him to. Not because he thought about it.

naran6142
10-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Lol?

He questioned it a little, but he killed the person mostly because Al Mualim told him to. Not because he thought about it.

he did question it because he saw that a lot of the templars had good intentions but they had a bad method to produce peace thats why he killed them

xx-pyro
10-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Lol?

he did question it because he saw that a lot of the templars had good intentions but they had a bad method to produce peace thats why he killed them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair killed people to save his own life, and because he was told to. Everytime he questioned something he immediately accepted Al Mualim's response of "don't listen to them they are the enemy, lying on their death beds," or some such.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
i dont disagree with you

but wat about the contracts?
Yeah, ok those were ordered assassinations, but those weren't Templars. Just strategic targets and he always got to know why it was useful to take them out.