PDA

View Full Version : Is this stick decent

Zeynex
06-15-2008, 07:19 PM
I just want a stick I can play with better than a keyboard. It's called Logitech Wingman Attack 2. 6 Buttons, and i'll be using the keyboard for other controls to. It also has built in throttle. Just tell me if i can play with this stick decently.

Thanks =)

Monterey13
06-15-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't know that stick but, if you want a cheap, decent stick to use, then Wal-Mart carries a Saitek ST290 Pro for $20.

It has a throttle, twist rudder and a bunch of buttons. I started out with one, and it works just fine.

VMF-214_HaVoK
06-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I would not consider any Logitech stick decent. But if its all you got, its all you got. Pick yourself up a Saitek EVO or Aviator if your strapped for cash for PC gear.

S!

ImMoreBetter
06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Logitech sticks are known to have a very short life span. Stay away from them if you can.

Pick-up a Saitek EVO or Aviator. They're well worth their price.

Jaggy.
06-15-2008, 07:46 PM
I use to play with a Logitech but upgraded to a Saitek EVO about a year ago. I'll never use a Logitech ever again, Saitek is far better and well worth the extra 20$ or so. Although Logitech makes great keyboards and gaming mice, I have the G15 board and G5 mouse. They should just stick with what they do best.

steiner562
06-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Panzer76:
. They should just "stick" with what they do best.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif sorry I have a sad sense of humour I'll get my coat. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

weirpaul
06-15-2008, 11:00 PM
I agree with other posters, Saitek have been my choice. If and when you decide to go the full hog, I would recommend the Saitek X52-pro, Saitek Pro-pedals and Track-IR (Ultra). Note that the X52 has a twist rudder action, so you could leave the pedals for a later purchase.

The main advantage is the number of buttons, sliders and hat switches under your fingers, rather than on the base, on both the throttle and joystick. I find I almost never have to touch the keyboard, other than ESC to quit!

The only other recommendation is to avoid force-feedback units as that is just one more thing to go wrong.

Ollivaan
06-16-2008, 06:41 AM
My first joystick was Loitech Wingman Attack 2. Didn't like it, doesn't even have a twisting handle but better than keyboard though.

CloCloZ
06-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by weirpaul:
The only other recommendation is to avoid force-feedback units as that is just one more thing to go wrong.

True, but it's like advising against car air conditioners because they could go out of order ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I think the only real question to ask oneself about force feedback is: am I interested in more realism (force feedback) or just in better shooting (no force feedback, better shooting platform)?

I answered "more realism" and I'm happy that way (Saitek Cyborg Evo Force).
It's a shame that Saitek don't sell an X-52 Pro version with force feedback ...

H-Rebel
06-16-2008, 02:02 PM
I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It's alright as it has the throttle, twist stick rudder and plenty of buttons, however if you can afford it go for a Saitek.

Mr_Zooly
06-16-2008, 03:47 PM
I had a logicrap wingman and I hated it, got a evo force for about the same price (5-6 years ago) and I havent looked back. I will add that I think my motor is going south but after that time I dont mind too much.

Zeynex
06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
The problem is guys, I live in Ottawa, and i don't want to spend anything over 30 bucks. I know it's pretty cheap, but there is nothing cheap + decent here. I've checked wal-mart, best buy, future shop, and none of them carry any low end saitek sticks. I live in ottawa, so if you guys have any suggestions please tell me.

thanks

VW-IceFire
06-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Zeynex:
The problem is guys, I live in Ottawa, and i don't want to spend anything over 30 bucks. I know it's pretty cheap, but there is nothing cheap + decent here. I've checked wal-mart, best buy, future shop, and none of them carry any low end saitek sticks. I live in ottawa, so if you guys have any suggestions please tell me.

thanks
Its not like Ottawa has a shortage of tech stores http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I am surprised to see that Futureshop no longer lists the low end Saitek's on their website because they used to. Might be worth checking out The Source (I checked it...there's a buch of them in the Ottawa area) which is formerly Radioshack.

Aaron_GT
06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Check craigslist and freecycle too. Sometimes people freecycle old but perfectly functional sticks there. That's where my non-FFB Sidewinder ended up (instead of as a test of long throw sticks and/or button bay). So you never know what you might be able to find that is better than a Logitech.

Krt_Bong
06-17-2008, 02:04 PM
The 3D is a better stick than the wingman but I've had 3 of the newer model and 2 of the previous ones and they all turn left after a while (like in 3 months) so If you have like a credit card or like a Visa debit card; order something online you can usually get it cheaper than retail so it will make up for shipping costs. I don't have the Saitek Aviator but from what I've heard it's decent and will likely last longer.