PDA

View Full Version : Iron Coffins - Pages Missing

kaylar4
08-10-2005, 05:34 AM
Hi There,

I bought the book Iron Coffins and it seems there are a load of pages missing.

Just before the second set of photographs (page 160) I'm reading about how he goes off to check out the new torpedo types. Then after the pictures it's page 193 and all of a sudden he's got a new command!

Does anyone else have this book with missing pages or is it just me?

kaylar4
08-10-2005, 05:34 AM
Hi There,

I bought the book Iron Coffins and it seems there are a load of pages missing.

Just before the second set of photographs (page 160) I'm reading about how he goes off to check out the new torpedo types. Then after the pictures it's page 193 and all of a sudden he's got a new command!

Does anyone else have this book with missing pages or is it just me?

twistedpretzel
08-10-2005, 05:35 AM
GAH, that was a good part too.

They made the tips of the torpedoes flourescent and did the demonstration at night so you could see them in the water.

dagamecat
08-10-2005, 05:51 AM
take it back for a refund/replacement, kaylar! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The_Gill_738
08-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Oh yeah. I read that part a few days ago. You missed out. I like when later on he almost gets hit by his own acoustic torp.

kaylar4
08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
yeah, cheers. I'll send it back. Only got 40 pages to go so I might as well finish it now!

rory208
08-10-2005, 06:00 PM
I just finished that book last week. What an amazing story. You'd have a hard time making even a fictional story as good as his life story. And definitely a treat to read while enjoying this game. In addition to that, while I was reading it, i was vacationing up along the Oregon coast and within sight of the mountain that the Japanese pilot bombed after launching from a submarine off the coast during the war. I read about that while I was in town. Believe the name of the mountain is Mount Eden.