PDA

View Full Version : Is Altair supposed to be European?

Yamagishi
12-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Or is Ubisoft at it again with another unexplainably white looking character? Seriously Ubisoft if you're too afraid to make a Middle Eastern character actually look Middle Eastern then why not just stop making games about them?

Warrior-Within2
12-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Why don't you try actually playing the game before making yet another thread bashing Ubisoft. If you actually played, you would know why Altair is white.

EDIT: I take back the harshness of my post realizing that you just joined the forums today, but my advice still stands. Welcome to the forums.

Royal.Mist
12-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
Why don't you try actually playing the game before making yet another thread bashing Ubisoft. If you actually played, you would know why Altair is white.

EDIT: I take back the harshness of my post realizing that you just joined the forums today, but my advice still stands. Welcome to the forums.

I played the game and it doesn't explain his whiteness. And it only JUST explains his voice.

Warrior-Within2
12-05-2007, 10:45 PM
His whiteness comes first of all because he is just a mental projection of Desmond's, portraying a physical form so that there will be a character to control in the animus.

That might not even be what Altair looks like, but thats what the animus produces.

dirtybird21
12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
smh, What's with all the Ubi bashing all the time?

DreamerM
12-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Francisco Remez, Altair's face-model, is of mixed spanish/french-canadian descent. His voice is an american of Iranian ancestry.

Altair himself is supposedly the son of a Muslim man and a christian woman. Supposedly he's from syria, although he could be from anywhere. It's pretty ambiguous.

NECESARY_EVIL
12-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I IS HAVING BIG PROBLEMS WITH THE FORUMS!!!! I can barely load pages and keep getting errors... wtf is anyone else other that tela and i getting this?

Lazybeans
12-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by NECESARY_EVIL:
I IS HAVING BIG PROBLEMS WITH THE FORUMS!!!! I can barely load pages and keep getting errors... wtf is anyone else other that tela and i getting this?

I have. I've been trying to reply, but I get things like "Page does not exist" or "4741050516 is an invalid value for m" and stuff.

AldirTheKnight
12-06-2007, 02:05 PM
same here

NECESARY_EVIL
12-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes me too this took me forever to post!

AirRon_2K7
12-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Same... it took me about a year and a half to load the reply box :S

Major whoopsie forum maintenance man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Anyway...

Spam.

Since the forums have gone walk about.

Lolz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

NECESARY_EVIL
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
it seemz the situation has been remedied... WOOT

Lazybeans
12-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Yamagishi:
Or is Ubisoft at it again with another unexplainably white looking character? Seriously Ubisoft if you're too afraid to make a Middle Eastern character actually look Middle Eastern then why not just stop making games about them?

He looks Middle Eastern to me. It actually looks like they made his face model more Middle Eastern.

But let's not get flamy now!

AldirTheKnight
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I forgive him anyway

Lazybeans
12-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
I forgive him anyway

Yeah, I agree with Kax's sig. XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/luciferownsme/annoy.jpg

unnamedninja
12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned. But Altair is half arab (sorry i don't know the correct word) and half european. His mother was a christian and his father was a muslim.

I checked the game manual for any of this bio information but i was disappointed that it never made it into there. So all we have is what Jade said about it during the pre-release interviews.

Dunno
12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Yamagishi:

Half white. Mother is Christian, Father is Muslim. His religion is only classified as "spiritual".

Grandmaster_Z
12-07-2007, 12:58 PM
its funny because if you read about the Hasasiuns history, they were part of the Ismaili sect of Muslims. but it says Altairs father was muslim and mother christian. I bet they didnt want say both is parents were muslim because George bush might attack their corporate office

AirRon_2K7
12-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
its funny because if you read about the Hasasiuns history, they were part of the Ismaili sect of Muslims. but it says Altairs father was muslim and mother christian. I bet they didnt want say both is parents were muslim because George bush might attack their corporate office

Are you playing the game? Really, Altair's appearence is identicle to Desmond's. They even have a scar in the exact same place. And don't even try saying that scars are genetic. Altair looks white because Desmond is white?

ACfanboy12
12-07-2007, 01:27 PM
There is no doubt about... I'm pretty sure the Animus converts desmonds basic apearence into Altair... (so maybe, Altair doesn't look like that... and there is no Altair).

And yeah I had the error problems, but no I dont.

Marek86
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
So my buddy and I both come from christrian families, due to the fact he's younger than me his parents restrict what he plays. They've also been led to beleive you play a muslim Assassin whom hunts down Christians....Now, I played the game and correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. It is never mentioned what religion Altair actually is. You don't kill your targets because they're christian, and not all of your targets are christian....

METELHEAD9000
12-07-2007, 07:59 PM
ok so Demond is the one "playing" as Altiar right so he is in first person demond is an avatar for us right so... well answer this first how do you know what you look like? form mirors so if you don't have a miror then you have know idea what you look like kinda the same thing Demond doesn't know what Altiar looks like because Altiar deosn't know what he looks like so Demond pictures him self as Altair if you haven't knowtised Altiar is Desmond well at least then have the same face

Lazybeans
12-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Marek86:
It is never mentioned what religion Altair actually is.

That's because he doesn't really have one. :P He's been described as "spiritual."

Dragons_Pride87
12-08-2007, 12:04 AM
im back on and i dont know why i never played X D

ACfanboy12
12-08-2007, 12:12 AM
He has no religion, because he's not a real person, hes a robot, set to destroy the world... he will make a cameo in the super smash brothers... all true