PDA

View Full Version : How many of you will watch "caveman" this fall?

stalkervision
09-13-2007, 09:39 PM
well? Yes...

a) I will because I truly believe I have a real physic bond with the mental ability and understanding of caveman.

b) I believe that cavemen are the truly misunderstood minority of our civilization next to the Geico Gecko and the Burger King, King Burger.

c) Looks truly wonderful. Second only to "America's home videos" and American idol..

duuuhh.. D? ) I have been locked in this celler for nearly a year now in chains and can't change the channel on the TV so yes I suppose I will watch it I guess..

No....

e) The people who had the idea for this show should be actually made to watch it..

f) Between having root canal surgery on two teeth or more I choose the surgery..

g) we are a truly doomed society when this is an example of a new show for the fall lineup now..

AKA_TAGERT
09-13-2007, 09:42 PM
He is one heck of a pilot.. I watched him shoot down Billfish single handed

stalkervision
09-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by AKA_TAGERT:
He is one heck of a pilot.. I watched him shoot down Billfish single handed

No improvising answers here. It shows your to smart to take the Test.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

nickdanger3
09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
I think that with good writers it could be fantastic. If they're willing to go for satire there could be some pretty sharp jokes about American culture especially with respect to how minorities are treated and their reaction to this treatment.

knightflyte
09-13-2007, 10:07 PM
No.

If I want stupid humour, I'll go to who does it best. Gilligan or the Three Stooges.

zardozid
09-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I hope...I really,really hope this show fails. The TV networks and producers can't keep us watching the TV during the commercials breaks because most of us "fast forward" threw them or we download them off the internet or we leave the room (to snack up)...so they are making the commercial the show. This TV show is the hideous love child of "product placement" idealism ,"focus group" initiative, and Network "genius"...

If this show succeeds it will be then end of free TV...all we will see is reality shows and 30 minute adds in the form of comedy sitcoms.

-HH- Beebop
09-13-2007, 11:45 PM
"So simple a caveman could watch it."

Originally posted by nickdanger3:
I think that with good writers it could be fantastic. If they're willing to go for satire there could be some pretty sharp jokes about American culture especially with respect to how minorities are treated and their reaction to this treatment.
Yeah, only Americans treat minorities badly. Yeah.

Originally posted by zardozid:
...If this show succeeds it will be then end of free TV...all we will see is reality shows and 30 minute adds in the form of comedy sitcoms.
Um, that's what I already see when I turn the tube on these days. I use the TV to watch some historical/documentary stuff now and then and as a viewer for my DVD player.

marie103
09-14-2007, 02:41 AM
yeah, that's what i recently watch it.

brilliant.

Blutarski2004
09-14-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by zardozid:
I hope...I really,really hope this show fails. The TV networks and producers can't keep us watching the TV during the commercials breaks because most of us "fast forward" threw them or we download them off the internet or we leave the room (to snack up)...so they are making the commercial the show. This TV show is the hideous love child of "product placement" idealism ,"focus group" initiative, and Network "genius"...

If this show succeeds it will be then end of free TV...all we will see is reality shows and 30 minute adds in the form of comedy sitcoms.

..... I don't know, Z. The alternative is probably another "reality" TV Show, or "infomercial", .

This is a "Golden Age" of broadcast television; we are staring into an electronic urinal.

M_Gunz
09-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by nickdanger3:

Because everyone knows that only happens in America. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Never anywhere else.

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-14-2007, 05:49 AM
KORG...20,000BC....ftw!!!!

Yeah, I'm that old. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MEGILE
09-14-2007, 05:54 AM
No comprendo.

Bearcat99
09-14-2007, 06:02 AM
A Tony Sinclair series would probasbly be just as mesmerizing.... You know how this works... if this series is successful then some other commercial born character will spin off as well.. Im wondering if there will be caveman commercials on his show...

Worf101
09-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Not with your eyes...

Da Worfster

Choctaw111
09-14-2007, 11:16 AM
I haven't really heard about it. This isn't a GEICO thing is it? Or at least a spinoff?

stalkervision
09-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Choctaw111:
I haven't really heard about it. This isn't a GEICO thing is it? Or at least a spinoff?

spin off from a truly insipid geico commercial.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

SeaFireLIV
09-14-2007, 11:24 AM
I have no idea what this thread is about. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

bhunter2112
09-14-2007, 11:33 AM
It is a little known fact that no person actually watches these shows. The networks just pretend they do to get money from advertisers. I am 37 years old and could not even name five sitcoms let alone what network they are on. It is complete and utter rubbish.

nickdanger3
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
This is hilarious. Couple of threads ago I get called out when I say that a couple of Ken Burns' documentary topics probably aren't a good vehicle to investigate race in America.

Then when this thread comes along and I say "This might be an interesting way to discuss" and I get called out for America bashing.

Jeez.

Um. I said it could be an interesting comment on America and minorities since it's set in....America.

Thanks for pointing out that racism might actually occur other places.

THIS JUST IN! : SKY IS BLUE !

In the early 1990's there was a sci-fi show called Alien Nation (about space aliens)that didn't go for laughs and was a pretty sharp commentary on illegal immigration/minorities in, yes, America.

Blutarski2004
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by bhunter2112:
It is a little known fact that no person actually watches these shows. The networks just pretend they do to get money from advertisers. I am 37 years old and could not even name five sitcoms let alone what network they are on. It is complete and utter rubbish.

..... Consider the possibility that you ARE watching some sitcoms without recognizing them as such, since most of them are not funny at all.

Divine-Wind
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by stalkervision:
a) I will because I truly believe I have a real physic bond with the mental ability and u
If only I could figure out how to use this blasted 'Keyboard' to write down what I wanted, I would pick the above...

IT'S NOT WORKING!! All that happens is this weird scraping noise when I drag it along the stone tablet...

Bearcat99
09-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Worf101:
Not with your eyes...
Da Worfster

I don geddit....

Anyway... think about it... granted Tony Sinclair (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYiEhvmUM0I) does indeed remind me of Austin Powers to be sure.. and I guess becuse he hacks gin instead of car insurance it will happen when chickens play trumpets... but ... it could work.

Irish_Rogues
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't watch it even by accident. Or I wouldn't even watch it with Worf101's eyes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I agree with bhunter2112 and am in the same boat. It really puts a damper with wifey time though, I can't watch more then a few minutes of TV without being bored to death. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif