PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Trophies are returning

GunnarGunderson
08-03-2011, 09:03 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/vi...sassins-creed/718430 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/deathmatch-2b-assassins-creed/718430)

You can see the guy getting an achievement around the 5:25 mark

Nader-Abudiix
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
damnit i knew they're gonna ignore what the fans have been saying about MP trophies and still include them.. like i said judging by ubisofts trophies history they'll keep putting hard ones wether we like it or not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

xCr0wnedNorris
08-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Believe it or not, there's a large group of people who LIKE the multiplayer achievements. (Shocking I know)

You do realize you don't have to go for them if you don't like them, right?

Serrachio
08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Why wouldn't they include them?

After all, they've been focusing on implementing a lot into the Multiplayer aspect of the game, as well as the Singleplayer.

I personally didn't mind the trophies/achievements in ACB. It gave me a reason to try out the multiplayer, and by the time I got Abstergo Employee of the Month, I enjoyed playing the game for the fun of it and not for the motivation of a shiny medal dangling in front of my eyes.

Instead of complaining about the achievements like someone who can't be bothered, I don't get why people can't actually try and get better at playing the game so they can achieve it.

I'm certain the people (including myself) on the Multiplayer Forum can provide some tips on how to get the trophies/achievements without people having to boost for them.

medcsu11
08-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Nader-Abudiix:
damnit i knew they're gonna ignore what the fans have been saying about MP trophies and still include them.. like i said judging by ubisofts trophies history they'll keep putting hard ones wether we like it or not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

What the hell are you talking about "what the fans wanted"? There were a FEW who didnt want them because they wanted an easy path to a platinum in a selfish manner that would screw those who only enjoy MP (myself not included).

I really dont understand why some of these dorks are so angry about MP trophies and adding difficulty settings that would cause their path to a platinum to be longer.

Just put the time in and get your platinum without being selfish towards what others may or may not want. OR, become good at MP and it will be a moot point.

swiftkinfe
08-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Im ok with multiplayer achievements as long as they don't require some 1 and a million chance of happening requirement .Play Halo 3 and you would know what I mean.In any case I'm not even going to bother with variety challenges for them this time. As long as there fun to get I don't give a smokebomb about it.Now going a whole match without dying that could be nice.

kriegerdesgottes
08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Nader-Abudiix:

I'm with ya I can't stand MP being in the game at all let alone the trophies for it but I'm hoping they won't put in ones that are almost impossible to get like the employee of the month one which is the only one I don't have and I can not even force myself to continue playing MP when I hate it so much so unfortunately it will be the first assassin's creed game that has a 98% trophy completion rate.

medcsu11
08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nader-Abudiix:

I'm with ya I can't stand MP being in the game at all let alone the trophies for it but I'm hoping they won't put in ones that are almost impossible to get like the employee of the month one which is the only one I don't have and I can not even force myself to continue playing MP when I hate it so much so unfortunately it will be the first assassin's creed game that has a 98% trophy completion rate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you NOT have AEoTM if that is all you need and you are (assume) already level 50? Should have got it along the way to 50 with general ease.

VictorAviram123
08-03-2011, 01:46 PM
what achievment? i didn't see nothing at 5:25...

ChaosxNetwork
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I spent hours in search of 400 hundred flags scattered across the holy land,
I spent hours in search of 100 feathers across Italy
THough it turns out I don't have much luck when it comes to taking the lead 10 seconds before the end of the game...
Assassin's Creed: 1000g
Assassin's Creed II: 1000g
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: 1150/1250
Thank you for ruining my streak with luck.
Getting to "Level X" is fine for a multiplayer achievement.
Doing a 360 throwing knife 2.635 seconds before the end of a match and hitting a rope which makes a hanging basket implode and kill someone is not...

kriegerdesgottes
08-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by medcsu11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nader-Abudiix:

I'm with ya I can't stand MP being in the game at all let alone the trophies for it but I'm hoping they won't put in ones that are almost impossible to get like the employee of the month one which is the only one I don't have and I can not even force myself to continue playing MP when I hate it so much so unfortunately it will be the first assassin's creed game that has a 98% trophy completion rate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you NOT have AEoTM if that is all you need and you are (assume) already level 50? Should have got it along the way to 50 with general ease. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude no, not even close. I have been a level 50 forever and I have people come over and play the game because I can't stand to play MP by myself and we take turns just trying to get that stupid trophy and I can not get it no matter how much I force myself to play the MP.

medcsu11
08-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I dare someone to give ONE valid reason to remove MP trophies from the game.

medcsu11
08-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medcsu11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

How do you NOT have AEoTM if that is all you need and you are (assume) already level 50? Should have got it along the way to 50 with general ease. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude no, not even close. I have been a level 50 forever and I have people come over and play the game because I can't stand to play MP by myself and we take turns just trying to get that stupid trophy and I can not get it no matter how much I force myself to play the MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then get those same people that come over to go to their own machines and boost it for you if it means so much to get a platinum.

ChaosxNetwork
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Because it is a Single player game that shouldn't have been given a Multi Player just to increase sales.
They either require ridiculous amounts of time to get (Level 50) or require luck...

SixKeys
08-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medcsu11:
Because it is a Single player game that shouldn't have been given a Multi Player just to increase sales.
They either require ridiculous amounts of time to get (Level 50) or require luck... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They came up with a valid reason for the multiplayer (Abstergo trainees), so it fits the concept and doesn't take anything away from the single-player experience.

I've long since reached level 50 and would have little incentive to keep playing if I didn't find collecting trophies to be so much fun. The really difficult ones that have like a 1/1000 chance of happening, I just don't even bother with them to save myself frustration. If I happen to get them by accident, cool. I think all the people complaining about the difficulty are just too OCD about getting 100% on everything. Try playing for fun instead of achievements, it helps.

Ureh
08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
My reasons are not valid for excluding MP trophies but they're why I'm only partial to MP trophies:

1. My internet is very slow (most of the time).

2. Not enough time to play. And when I do have time my internet is usually slow.

3. I want to get the Platinum without having to rely on others. Some trophies are extremely frustrating when you know someone messed up your chances of getting it. For example, the trophy where you have to get every co-op bonus in one game. It would've been easier to boost in one game, but I preferred to play a dozen games with an uncooperative team.

4. MP trophies can become even more difficult to obtain if you play months after the release (most remaining players are experienced and/or too few players). With SP trophies I can take my time.

Given my situation, I wish trophies and MP were kept apart.

ReaverAuditore
08-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Just because you don't like Multiplayer, Does not mean Everyone hates it, Oh no I Will never get a Platinum! What will I Do with my life! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

LightRey
08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Seriously, getting rid of the MP trophies/achievements would be a huge slap in the face for the MP audience. It would have been a stupid move for Ubi to do so.
If you don't like MP, don't play MP. You're not missing out on anything worthwhile anyways (since you don't like MP). They're just points. They don't add anything to the game in any way. They don't cost you more money. They don't add anything to your experience at all. All those things you need to do to get them you could've done even if there weren't any achievements. It's in fact so virtual it's virtual to something that is in itself virtual.

CrazyShrapnel
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
So long as there isn't an AEOTM#2, I'm fine with this.

medcsu11
08-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
My reasons are not valid for excluding MP trophies but they're why I'm only partial to MP trophies:

1. My internet is very slow (most of the time).

2. Not enough time to play. And when I do have time my internet is usually slow.

3. I want to get the Platinum without having to rely on others. Some trophies are extremely frustrating when you know someone messed up your chances of getting it. For example, the trophy where you have to get every co-op bonus in one game. It would've been easier to boost in one game, but I preferred to play a dozen games with an uncooperative team.

4. MP trophies can become even more difficult to obtain if you play months after the release (most remaining players are experienced and/or too few players). With SP trophies I can take my time.

Given my situation, I wish trophies and MP were kept apart.

I have a feeling (at least you had the balls to admit it) that 99% of those not wanting MP trophies are right with you. In that, I mean selfish reasons for an easy path to a platinum. Props to you for your honesty.

Does ANYONE have one single VALID reason to not have them, or not have a difficulty setting other than selfish reasons?

Zrvan
08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
How about, "I don't want to spend ~$2,240 to get them?"

One of the Trophies is for getting all of the bonuses in a single multiplayer match. Leaving aside the fact that you have to be Billy Badass in Manhunt to even try it, there are a dozen easy ways to lose it through no fault of your own -- if none of your opponents ever climb the walls, then you'll never get Drop Kill.

The only conceivable way I can see to get that Trophy is to buy five other people the game and set up a local match. I don't have five friends with PS3s.

CrazyShrapnel
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Zrvan:
One of the Trophies is for getting all of the bonuses in a single multiplayer match. Leaving aside the fact that you have to be Billy Badass in Manhunt to even try it, there are a dozen easy ways to lose it through no fault of your own -- if none of your opponents ever climb the walls, then you'll never get Drop Kill.

The only conceivable way I can see to get that Trophy is to buy five other people the game and set up a local match. I don't have five friends with PS3s.

The Abstergo Employee trophy doesn't require you to get every single bonus in one game. You just need to get them each at some point in time. Say you pull off every bonus except drop kill in your first game. Then in your second game, your first kill of the session is a drop kill. The trophy would pop up after you got the bonus in that second game. Triple escape and extreme variety are usually the bonuses people get stuck on, those actually do rely on other players a fair bit.

medcsu11
08-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Zrvan:
How about, "I don't want to spend ~$2,240 to get them?"

So, in essence you aren't good enough to get the platinum so want the trophy setup to change so you can get it?
This is the exact reason that a small group of people are complaining about a difficulty setting as they think it will interfere with their amazing ascent to platinum (because that is SO amazingly worthwhile).
Why not just satisfy everyone instead of the few lazy people who aren't good enough gamers to get simple achievements done?
AEoTM took me 20-30 games to get, it's not hard. You simply need to have a strategy going into the game for a few of them and it's yours.

I personally hope they DO add difficult cheevo's to make this game more challenging and not bow down to the low end sheep who are only out for a simple 10 hour scram to gain a platinum.

InfectedNation
08-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Anybody who so desperately NEEDS a platinum on all their games needs to get outside and GET A LIFE.

..Just sayin'.

I'll admit, I'm still in the embarassing position of not having AEOTM because when I went for Extreme Variety I got 14 bonuses, then at the end of the match I panicked because I couldn't think of one more bonus to get in 20 seconds, then I was killed -.-

BUT IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD - All the other Achievements weren't too bad, And I don't mind missing 1, it gives me one more reason to come back to Brotherhood after Revelations.

Ureh
08-04-2011, 02:42 AM
I have a feeling (at least you had the balls to admit it) that 99% of those not wanting MP trophies are right with you. In that, I mean selfish reasons for an easy path to a platinum. Props to you for your honesty.

Does ANYONE have one single VALID reason to not have them, or not have a difficulty setting other than selfish reasons?

Just want to say out front that I'm all for increased difficulty settings in SP.

But I never said that I want an easier path to the platinum. I prefer an extremely difficult platinum composed only of SP trophies. I've said this many times before: I love SP, I love MP and I love trophies. I found them all very enjoyable. But I have very limited time to play games and AC attracts me because of the SP experience. The MP was very fun but it took up time that I rather spend on the SP.

As for the entire MP experience, I've already mentioned how fun it is. But I would rather have it completely removed from the franchise and go back to its pure SP roots. For two reasons: I believe that the MP is negatively affecting the SP portion and the MP is too addictive.

If the SP elements became as solid as what we saw in AC1 and AC2 (or even better in the future) and I had more time to play MP, then I wouldn't be complaining at all.

GunnarGunderson
08-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Single player trophies are dependent on the player's skill, mp trophies are dependent on luck and being in the right place at the right time

medcsu11
08-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
Single player trophies are dependent on the player's skill, mp trophies are dependent on luck and being in the right place at the right time

Sooo....in your mind there is no skill involved in sneaking up on a target unseen while blending and catching him totally unaware? No skill in that, right? Geez.....No wonder some of these people can't get AEoTM.

GunnarGunderson
08-06-2011, 11:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:

Sooo....in your mind there is no skill involved in sneaking up on a target unseen while blending and catching him totally unaware? No skill in that, right? Geez.....No wonder some of these people can't get AEoTM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not recall any trophies like that, All I remember are ones that require specific situations that almost never happen