PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer not worth it?

rupok2
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I am thinking its not worth it. I will still buy it tho cause of single player. multiplayer was a good try but they might have not able to truly create something exceptional. Some things that stand out:
-characters are not that unique besides graphical properties(look, attack graphics) maybe a few other things but mostly not unique.
- too much of a killing spree in wanted mode, new modes might not fix this due to how multiplayer is set up.
-barely any weapons in multiplayer, comon at least hand out a sword....

Well nice effort ubisoft but multiplayers appeal might wear off after a few weeks. Thanks for the (probably) awesome singleplayer tho btw.

What do you guys think?

rupok2
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I am thinking its not worth it. I will still buy it tho cause of single player. multiplayer was a good try but they might have not able to truly create something exceptional. Some things that stand out:
-characters are not that unique besides graphical properties(look, attack graphics) maybe a few other things but mostly not unique.
- too much of a killing spree in wanted mode, new modes might not fix this due to how multiplayer is set up.

Well nice effort ubisoft but multiplayers appeal might wear off after a few weeks. Thanks for the (probably) awesome singleplayer tho btw.

What do you guys think?

primerib69
10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
the multiplayer is great and ubisoft truly deserves praises from everyone for making this their first multiplayer mode for AC. but truthfully, it got REEEEEALLY boring for me. hopefully they will have other online modes that arent just "kill him, dont get killed" or "you 2 guy kill them, dont get killed". otherwise I probably wont even play multiplayer that much other than to get the trophies.

Oatkeeper
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
I just wrote about 3 paragraphs explaining everything wrong with what you said, and muxh of it was common sense. But I deleted the window by accident and I reallly dont want to write it up again.

Just consider the footnotes:
- characters are really just intended to be avatars for you, and not effect the gameplay in any way, especially since only one player can use a skin at a time (team mode is an exeption, and frankly I think you should be able to have different skins on teams so its harder to know who is after you)
-Balance issues with unique character strenghs and weakness
- The purpose of abilities, and even more so, the importance of perks (since you can have 2 at a time in the full game)
-Punishment on a gameplay standpoint for not getting the characters you prefer, especially since individual differences will result in a tier list and the higher tiers will be chosen faster.
- Its a game about Killing and being killed at any moment
- there are ways of getting less noticeable kills (gun and poison)
- Smart play and being able adjust to the situation will help you avoid pursuers and kill your own target with less trouble and obviousness to your pursuers.
- weapons = the games lackluster combat system
- weapons = killing sprees
- weapons = getting stabbed in the back while your pre-occupied by someone else
- special weapons = abilities

Deathgrim666
10-19-2010, 09:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:

What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For sure the mp is unique, instead noobs getting top scores for doing noobtubes or camping this game takes skill and your have to know your stuff.

The skins are just skins so u can click who u want and choice your own style. mw2 and bc all do the same **** and people love the crap out of them they just change your outfits lol.

The may announce another mode so don't knock the mp when u only had a taste of it in the beta.

And its a great addition to the assassin's creed series.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-19-2010, 09:59 PM
The Ts is funny! The beta did get boring but its definetly worth it
Plus with a MP this can achive game of the year

Deathgrim666
10-19-2010, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
The Ts is funny! The beta did get boring but its definetly worth it
Plus with a MP this can achive game of the year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not notice i use some many ts in my sentences lol.

Keighvin
10-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure if you're joking, but he meant TS = Topic Starter.

Deathgrim666
10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keighvin:
I'm not sure if you're joking, but he meant TS = Topic Starter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif of course i am kidding.....

GarethNelson
10-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Not played the beta, but personally i'll be happy with single player.

Does that answer your question?

d34dm4nn
10-20-2010, 02:54 AM
The Multiplayer is the most best thing ever even in an Assassins Creed game.

GarethNelson
10-20-2010, 03:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d34dm4nn:
The Multiplayer is the most best thing ever even in an Assassins Creed game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quit ruining my sour grapes response

d34dm4nn
10-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Lol Sorry about that GarethNelson didn't know I was ruining your sour grapes response carry on then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

GarethNelson
10-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Multiplayer sucks! Multiplayer is nasty!

Ok, that's me done. To be fair it looks more interesting than most multiplayer games these days, but then again i've only ever taken part in metal gear online and a few random FPS games.

Crucify Lucifer
10-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Well, can't say I'd know for sure (considering beta wasn't even released on the xbox) but from what I've seen it looks mildly fun. Just AC will never be about multiplayer for me, it's almost like trying to incorporate a versus mode in a game like Alan Wake. Can it be pulled off? Probably. Will it redefine the game for me? Nah.

GarethNelson
10-20-2010, 05:03 AM
They added it to resident evil, and that's a classic lone single player experience

adarwinter
10-20-2010, 05:10 AM
im not interested the least in MP. not because i dont want a MP for AC, but because this is all there is right now.

maybe AC3 will present more modes but as it is - not interesting.

the only idea of the MP is being unnoticed till u get into range, but the idea of that when u DO get into range there is no input involved other than a tap of a button is boring IMO.
maybe it's just cuz one of the things i liked so much about AC was the combat and there is no combat in the MP side of ACB. it's "click, you die" and that's not interesting IMO.

i could think of at leat half a dozen modes for AC-MP but most of them will require combat in some form. there IS a way to make combat competitive but it requires some fundamental changes to the current formula and it doesnt looks like UBI is into depth into it's combat system and until they will try to balance combat i dont think there will be interesting MP to be had in this IP.

i would have prefered a longer SP with more options for fun action and better balance of gameplay (AC2 was rediculously easy and unbalanced) rather than this MP , which has no appeal for me.
if it was co-op in rome though, now THATS a different story...

mrfishy101
10-20-2010, 05:35 AM
Personally, I'm just happy that there's finally a multiplayer game that isn't a FPS or any other shooter. Of course there probably is one, but don't start sending links. the point is it's unique. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

salted onions
10-20-2010, 06:37 AM
When I first heard of the multiplayer, I was intrigued but cautious, afraid that it would be the next Bioshock 2 (which was not terrible, but mediocre.) Then they drowned us in multiplayer gameplay videos and character reveals, and I feared for the worst, that they neglected the single player portion of the game for the multiplayer. But in the past two days, so many single player gameplay videos have appeared, I am now extremely hyped for this game, more so than I have in months past. I'll probably spend days in the single player part.

..if the multiplayer is decent too, that would be awesome too. It wouldn't matter to me though, as long as the integrity of the single player remains the same.

rupok2
10-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I never really said multiplayer was bad but just that it might get a little worn out after a small amount of time. For me multiplayer may not be worth it but the singleplayer truly makes up for it. Thanks for the responses guys. Hopefully ubisoft does some fixes based on the beta.

Aureilia
10-20-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm one of those idiots that clicked to go online and got greeted by an epic symbol of doom.

Anyway.

Topic:

Multiplayer is fine for a quick run around and quick fix, the major problem lies within the fact that it's basically run around and kill, the scoring is random due to this and takes little to no skill to win a game, I know this because I'm usually quite awful at games for a long time, but I actually won the first game I played.

I have a strong fear that it's too casual, it's nowhere near competitive which is really whats needed for successful online play.

I'm hoping other modes do actually make up for this, (I could only ever find a game of wanted)

So yeah, fun in short term but long term theres an issue if it's basically the one with the luckiest spawns will always win.

I have no problem with it being casual, but there should be more ways to defend yourself against attacks than what there currently is, I only really managed the smoke bomb thing which seemed rather pointless as you could press like an idiot and it would never register your attempt to stun after the smoke. (Possible lag issues)

Overall I feel it has potential to be something much better as long as it's not aimed with a pick up and play emphasis.

Akasha_Ishtar
10-20-2010, 09:49 PM
There is one thing that I would love to see changed, instead of getting pointed for chases kills how about losing them. Itís meant to be about stealth and I at times would be in matches where I would have some players doing nothing but just chases with me so why not loses points for getting chase kills. Most of the time I would spark a chase was when I was been chased myself and I would not bother with my target you could always get much better points in other ways anyway.

Seje12
10-21-2010, 04:01 AM
I think the multiplayer is fun and didnt get boring but i only had it for 3 day then it closed.
The singelplayer look like its not affected its still look really awesome, so Why not have multiplayer. And in the real game there is going to be 6 modes and 10 maps i read that somewhere.

DeafAtheist
10-21-2010, 09:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:
-characters are not that unique besides graphical properties(look, attack graphics) maybe a few other things but mostly not unique. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How could they be any more unique? Each character has a different weapon and different kill animations as well as looking vastly different. I can't imagine how they could be improved.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- too much of a killing spree in wanted mode, new modes might not fix this due to how multiplayer is set up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're kidding, right? I haven't played the beta but I've watched hours worth of uploaded gameplay videos of it on Youtube. If you're spree-killing you're playing it wrong. It's not supposed to be a typical deathmatch where you can kill anyone and everyone relentlessly. The object of the game isn't to rack up high numbers of kills but rather to win by the quality of the kills instead of quantity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">-barely any weapons in multiplayer, comon at least hand out a sword.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Multiple weapons wouldn't work in the game without having hand to hand combat and that's not what the purpose is. You're not supposed to get into a sword fight. You're supposed to quickly and quietly kill your target and move on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well nice effort ubisoft but multiplayers appeal might wear off after a few weeks. Thanks for the (probably) awesome singleplayer tho btw.

What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. I think after a few weeks the run & stab players will get bored and leave which will make a more compelling game for those of us who live for stealth gameplay and silently stalking our targets while simultaneously avoiding pursuers.

Only thing you said here that I DO agree with is that the single player looks great.