PDA

View Full Version : Minor PF annoyences, easily fixed

KeenFox
10-29-2004, 07:01 AM
I just had this game for 2 days, and have so far only tried Quickmatch and single missions.
I hear so much about the carrere mode, so am waiting for em to patch it first..
anyway, these are some small things that annoy me, its nothing major, and it dosent take a long time to fix:

- Plane list is to confusing, cant things be sorted by contries? Dont get me wrong I still want to be able to fly an american Me262, just wish it was at least grouped.(It is to a minor degree, yes.. German and russian planes are ok, but japneshe and american go all over the list)

- FULL NAMES in the single player/carrer mode, not IJN, IJA, Names. Like in the former titles;
germany, russia. Imperial Japanish Navy etc.

- When installing over FB+AEP, (havent tried standalone) not all objects&aircraft appear in the
viewer. The B29 is in the game but not in the viewer along with several US ground truck variations.

- The AI ignoring dead planes, yes, yes I know hard to fix, but still.
I was playing the Battle of midway and was watching the torpedo planes get møffled.
In one of the planes, flying low above the sea, the pilot and gunner was killed.
SUDDANLY, the 3 ships firing at it and the Zeros in persuit stopped shooting.
The plane flyed past all the ships in the battlegroup not one shoot at it. It was at sealevel flying identical to a "manned" plane, and yet, magicly the enemy knows its empty.

Well, thats what I can think of for now.. anyone know if these rants are read?
Or on what forum to post em for best "effect"

KeenFox
10-29-2004, 07:01 AM
I just had this game for 2 days, and have so far only tried Quickmatch and single missions.
I hear so much about the carrere mode, so am waiting for em to patch it first..
anyway, these are some small things that annoy me, its nothing major, and it dosent take a long time to fix:

- Plane list is to confusing, cant things be sorted by contries? Dont get me wrong I still want to be able to fly an american Me262, just wish it was at least grouped.(It is to a minor degree, yes.. German and russian planes are ok, but japneshe and american go all over the list)

- FULL NAMES in the single player/carrer mode, not IJN, IJA, Names. Like in the former titles;
germany, russia. Imperial Japanish Navy etc.

- When installing over FB+AEP, (havent tried standalone) not all objects&aircraft appear in the
viewer. The B29 is in the game but not in the viewer along with several US ground truck variations.

- The AI ignoring dead planes, yes, yes I know hard to fix, but still.
I was playing the Battle of midway and was watching the torpedo planes get møffled.
In one of the planes, flying low above the sea, the pilot and gunner was killed.
SUDDANLY, the 3 ships firing at it and the Zeros in persuit stopped shooting.
The plane flyed past all the ships in the battlegroup not one shoot at it. It was at sealevel flying identical to a "manned" plane, and yet, magicly the enemy knows its empty.

Well, thats what I can think of for now.. anyone know if these rants are read?
Or on what forum to post em for best "effect"

VW-IceFire
10-29-2004, 07:05 AM
Here's the best place.

The trick with the aircraft with the dead pilots is that if you were in a dogfight and scored the kill then the plane will tumble away with a dead pilot. But if the AI doesn't know that...its liable (and it used to in previous versions) to chase the dead plane till they blew it apart.

Its a catch-22...but I think the current method is ok.

Mundy
10-29-2004, 07:09 AM
Probably a good reason to extend "high-gore" settings to all aircraft. Otherwise it's impossible to tell if the pilot is dead.

KeenFox
10-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Ah, high-gore textures for all planes.. drool...