PDA

View Full Version : Idea...

Wildeyedjokr
08-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi, late last night when I was about to go to bed I was thinking...How cool would it be if since Altairs' clothes are white...If after each kill it got some blood stains on him, on his sleeve, and so on. And the only way to clean it is to find some sort of area with water...If they put water in the game this might be pretty cool, add alot of realism to Assassin's Creed than there already is. But I know this probally won't be possible because the shipping deadline is so close and they're probally polishing every aspect the the game...And the fact that the devs don't really take player suggestions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

andy276
08-11-2007, 07:29 AM
It's not a bad idea, but the escape part is hard enough without this IMO.

Phreaky_McGeek
08-11-2007, 07:58 AM
I'd like to see something like this... I've played too many games where blood and guts are spraying everywhere yet the protagonist's clothes still stay sparkly clean...

ThePheonix1030
08-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Wildeyedjokr:
Hi, late last night when I was about to go to bed I was thinking...How cool would it be if since Altairs' clothes are white...If after each kill it got some blood stains on him, on his sleeve, and so on. And the only way to clean it is to find some sort of area with water...If they put water in the game this might be pretty cool, add alot of realism to Assassin's Creed than there already is. But I know this probally won't be possible because the shipping deadline is so close and they're probally polishing every aspect the the game...And the fact that the devs don't really take player suggestions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
Great idea. In the E3 demo, the guards who ganged up on Altair were getting sliced up pretty bad and blood was flying everywhere. When he was done killing them, though, his clothes were still spotless...

silentassasin05
08-11-2007, 08:36 AM
i guess it may be too difficult to program the blood spatter on the clothes, especially this late in development. Great idea though, it would punish those who dont go about things stealthily by drawing unwanted attention to the player. interesting....

chikkenstorm
08-11-2007, 09:12 AM
And if you get into the water, your clothes will get wet and water drips off it...
Yeah, they only problem is that it takes alot calculations to do that. Not a massive problem for PC's (the high-end ones), but if you're playing on a console, you have to make space for those calculations, so you're getting lower graphics on other area's.
Not to mention the AI which needs to react on all those new things http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Hardware isn't ready for advanced things like this.

the_assassin_07
08-11-2007, 11:15 AM
But then it would be like in GTA where you bang up your car and you go to the garage....

Wildeyedjokr
08-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Well, you do have to admit, it would be a pretty nice idea, but even if they did put it in, it would take more than the 2 months they have to calibrate everything, such as reactions and how to get the blood and stuff to come off. It's just that I thought how much this game was based on realism and i've played so many games based on realism and I thought...Maby this one can have something none other have, because i've played games that have blood all over it and some how your guy either Dodges the blood or he has a thousand things of "Tide to Go" in his pocket and has the fastest hand i've ever not seen.

Or even better! They said they're making it a new franchise so im guessing there's going to make another one...why not try adding the effect to future Assassin's Creed games?

Lordgrunty11
08-11-2007, 04:28 PM
although I really doubt it will be in this one it would be a great addition to the future games. It would also be cool if you forget or don't go wassh off the blood then the people and especially the guards will react to it.

spazzoo1025
08-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by chikkenstorm:
And if you get into the water, your clothes will get wet and water drips off it...
Yeah, they only problem is that it takes alot calculations to do that. Not a massive problem for PC's (the high-end ones), but if you're playing on a console, you have to make space for those calculations, so you're getting lower graphics on other area's.
Not to mention the AI which needs to react on all those new things http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Hardware isn't ready for advanced things like this.

I know everyone hates it when i bring up Tenchu Z, but im gonna anyway

so in tenchu Z, when u fight ppl blood goes on ur clothes n u can see it. Also if u fall into garbage, people can smell you easier, just like with the blood. The only way to clean yourself is to drink a cleansing sorta-potion, or jump into water. So, the hardware is definitely ready for advanced things like this.

So there's my two pence, take it or leave it.

chikkenstorm
08-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Blood is possible, but not in a very realistic way (it just changes texture). And the main problem is the water. If you jump in the water, you can't come out dry. You're clothes will be sticky and drip water. Calculating that in real-time takes some power and I think Ubi already pushed the consoles to their limits http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

the_assassin_07
08-12-2007, 06:23 AM
They did that in Fahrenheit and it was for PS2...

pedz1993
08-12-2007, 08:41 AM
absolutely great idea, but the aim of the game is not to wash your clothes. What do you expect, it would take forever to make everything 100% realistic and to be honest i don't want it to be realistic, i play computer games to get away from reallity. Say i kill some people on GTA i know that i are'nt killing nothing but a personlike AI character and they are not real, there is no consequence or wavering of your concience. If you bring too much realism you may aswell just go and DIY(Do It Yourself) and really plunge a switchblade into someones throat.

the_assassin_07
08-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the idea....

moqqy
08-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pedz1993:
absolutely great idea, but the aim of the game is not to wash your clothes. What do you expect, it would take forever to make everything 100% realistic and to be honest i don't want it to be realistic, i play computer games to get away from reallity. Say i kill some people on GTA i know that i are'nt killing nothing but a personlike AI character and they are not real, there is no consequence or wavering of your concience. If you bring too much realism you may aswell just go and DIY(Do It Yourself) and really plunge a switchblade into someones throat.

or not.. you don't go to jail for killing someone in a video game, do you?

the_assassin_07
08-12-2007, 09:13 AM
But they did the blood thing in Fahrenheit so why can't they do it for a next-gen game?