PDA

View Full Version : AC2 - Venice: Piaza San Marco is not real!

QuldAm
12-16-2009, 03:29 PM
I think its a shame that the devs didnt took the right time and done it like in real life. In real life its bigger, u can see that only by noticing the columns of the surrounding building. The game is great but i guess they rush with it. It could have been a masterpiece if they had worked more and much longer at it (adding 100% reality in the environment, at least for such known places or buildings).

thekyle0
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't think it's that they rushed. They probably just didn't want the Piaza San Marco to occupy the majority of the district (especially since the doge's palace already did). They can only make the cities so big.

QuldAm
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM
They were always saying in the adverts that the cities are built like they used to be.. I mean I know its hard to do that, but at least the most important place in the game do it right.

Abeonis
12-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by QuldAm:
They were always saying in the adverts that the cities are built like they used to be.. I mean I know its hard to do that, but at least the most important place in the game do it right.

What would be the point in extending the size of the Piazza San Marco? All you would be doing is adding more empty space, and removing the number of buildings for Ezio to run atop... plus the face that the Piazza is bordered on one side by a canal; meaning that that entire section of the city would have been changed drastically just to accomodate a needless addition.

Personally, I think the Piazza is a perfect size, not too big, not too small.

Crazy_Kakoos
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Did they say like they use to be or how they use to be?

To replicate an entire city how it was nearly 500 years ago is going to take a massive amount of work and most of that space the player may never even use or see unless he's into exploring every nook and cranny for exploration sake.

QuldAm
12-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:

What would be the point in extending the size of the Piazza San Marco? All you would be doing is adding more empty space, and removing the number of buildings for Ezio to run atop... plus the face that the Piazza is bordered on one side by a canal; meaning that that entire section of the city would have been changed drastically just to accomodate a needless addition.

Personally, I think the Piazza is a perfect size, not too big, not too small.

Theres no point now. It is done. It looks good. But its not real. I think it would have been greater if it was like in reality. The Basilica looks 90% real, thats good. To bad for the surrounding building. Thats a long one and in the game its like half of the size + the facade its not real at all. But thats it...

QuldAm
12-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Crazy_Kakoos:
Did they say like they use to be or how they use to be?

To replicate an entire city how it was nearly 500 years ago is going to take a massive amount of work and most of that space the player may never even use or see unless he's into exploring every nook and cranny for exploration sake.

I was refering at important places (the most). Look at a picture of the Piaza and then look at it in the game.

FatRascal
12-16-2009, 04:25 PM
I thought that the Piazza San Marco was quite well done actually, but the one that puzzled me was why, having lavished so much loving attention to detail on Santa Mara del Fiore, they didn't do the Baptistry in Florence, with the ornate doors.

The game doesn't lose anything for its omission, it just seems like a significant landmark to leave out given the detail in other areas.

Sep.

QuldAm
12-16-2009, 04:50 PM
I think well done too, but it would have been more good if it was larger, and that building longer and real, like in reality.. the feelin would have been 10 times better.

QuldAm
12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
LOL! 1st thing ive wanted to do when i was in Venice: "lets see how they've made the Piazza".

QuldAm
12-16-2009, 04:53 PM
but the one that puzzled me was why, having lavished so much loving attention to detail on Santa Mara del Fiore, they didn't do the Baptistry in Florence, with the ornate doors.

Maybe at that time the doors were not done with the ornaments and so on.

MrNussbaum
12-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by QuldAm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but the one that puzzled me was why, having lavished so much loving attention to detail on Santa Mara del Fiore, they didn't do the Baptistry in Florence, with the ornate doors.

Maybe at that time the doors were not done with the ornaments and so on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, the building (which wasn't even in the game) was built pre-1450, as were the doors. No clue why the building wasn't in the game.

Assassin_M
12-17-2009, 03:05 AM
this thread is the most childish one i`v come across today

OzDavis
12-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
this thread is the most childish one i`v come across today QFT

I'm gonna spell this out as simply as I can:

It's a game!

For further enlightenment as to what I mean by this, please highlight the following, as there's spoilers:

<span class="ev_code_white">It's a piece of fiction, with an alternate version of our world where Templars and Assassins have been battling over centuries for control of pseudo-magical artefacts of wondrous power that human brains are hardwired to respond to because the beings who made these objects also created the human race.</span>

Now, given this massive difference between the game and reality,
is it really such a stretch of imagination for St. Mark's Square to be a little smaller in the game?

Realjambo
12-18-2009, 02:24 PM
QuldAm

Please don't triple post. You can use the 'Edit' function to add further comments or amend existing ones - It's the pencil with an eraser on the end icon bottom right of your posts.

Thank you.

hewkii9
12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Sepulchrave:
I thought that the Piazza San Marco was quite well done actually, but the one that puzzled me was why, having lavished so much loving attention to detail on Santa Mara del Fiore, they didn't do the Baptistry in Florence, with the ornate doors.

I remember an interview that said that too many unique buildings in one location ate up memory, so the Baptistry [as an example] was cut.