PDA

View Full Version : Development updates how do we apply new planes?

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 03:16 AM
Curious I guess, but it looks like most of the new aircraft we're seeing in the development update don't apply to the war theatres we currently have.

Have I missed something, or is IL2-FB opening the door to third party add-ons (approved of course)? So, we can fly the A6M2 in the Kuban against the 109E. Now that sounds too lame...even for me.

The bat plane from CFS3 is making an entrance as well. Knowing Oleg's penchant for historical significance I'm not quite sure what to think.

-------------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 03:16 AM
Curious I guess, but it looks like most of the new aircraft we're seeing in the development update don't apply to the war theatres we currently have.

Have I missed something, or is IL2-FB opening the door to third party add-ons (approved of course)? So, we can fly the A6M2 in the Kuban against the 109E. Now that sounds too lame...even for me.

The bat plane from CFS3 is making an entrance as well. Knowing Oleg's penchant for historical significance I'm not quite sure what to think.

-------------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 03:24 AM
You have missed something. Many are being made by third-party modellers with their own time and money.

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Sorry...I didn't miss that part. The developers name is written by the graphics in the development updates.

I realize that...and appreciate those person's efforts.

I ain't being a bad guy here. I've got my white hat on

------------------ /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 03:35 AM
It looks like a mix of protoypes that 1C:Maddox is doing for future projects with whatever people do. Oleg has said that the *next* sim is already in development, so something might already exist, which gives a good hint that the new engine is intended for use in a Pacific War game; Oleg has hinted that neither the IL2/FB engine nor today's PCs are up to doing the big carrier air battles.

I *think* they could squeeze The Med out of the current engine. The 1000 bomber raids and the full-on D-Day map would have to wait for the Next Sim. Then back to the Motherland and do Kursk and Stalingrad in full detail :-)

And to continue the Forgotten Battles theme, the Japanese aircraft would also be very handy for doing the 1945 Manchurian campaign. And you could use that map for the 1938/39 campaigns by doing some early-war Japanese aircraft. That'd be a more likely explanation for the work on Japanese aircraft.

Everything being added to the game is going through Oleg's hands, third-parties can contribute a plane or a map here and there - but this is Oleg's baby and nobody else is doing a product (except for the missions-only add-ons)

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1951.

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 03:39 AM
i guess there is a reason to complain about anything......

"we want new free planes"

"no, those are the wrong planes"

"I want that plane, but i want it to fly like the other plane"

"that plane flys too hard"

"that plane flys too soft"

"this one's too hot"

"this one's too cold"

wonder if some one will ever say "this one's just right"

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 04:53 AM
LOL, the "bat plane". After all the Go.229 did fly in late '44, and it will be a great addition to such jet planes as the Me-262, He-162, P-80, and others to come. In the end no one is forcing you to fly them, so if you don't like them, just don't pick them. Oh and hopefully we will get a pacific map a lil later this year (after Normandy).

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ T-Bred B
Epox 8K9AI
PC2100 512MB DDR
GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
Game Theater XP w/ Sony MHC-BX6AV