PDA

View Full Version : Request for flying lessons

Ritter_Cuda
02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
I know that if you join a squad your squad mates will help you learn to fly and fight. but I'm not ready to join up with a group I don't know. I suspect that there are a few of us that are in this boat. Anyone willing to host a teaching server? set the dificult at differnt levels so you can break us in and i'm sure you can get some responce
thanks
cuda

Ritter_Cuda
02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
I know that if you join a squad your squad mates will help you learn to fly and fight. but I'm not ready to join up with a group I don't know. I suspect that there are a few of us that are in this boat. Anyone willing to host a teaching server? set the dificult at differnt levels so you can break us in and i'm sure you can get some responce
thanks
cuda

Extreme_One
02-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Sounds like a great idea!

I've been flying online for a grand total of twice now so I too have a lot to learn...

lucas_valentine
02-10-2005, 10:22 AM
In the days of FB and AEP I held a teaching server on Ubi.com called "The UK Rookie Server". It was really very popular and was usually full, which was probably it's downfall because the same people joined night after night and they just got better and better and never left meaning those who needed tutoring never got a chance. After PF I got a bit bored of running a teaching server, but my server is still up most nights on Ubi.com. Most of the guys who fly on it are fairly new to the game so newcomers are not overwhelmed and those who aren't are usually willing to give advice. I myself still do a bit of tutoring, so if anyone is interested just come along! The server can be found on Ubi.com in the Standalone lobby and is called (at the moment) "Marianas Intermediate". It is a dedicated server of sorts (as Ubi can't be bothered to sort out the problems with the dedicated server being linked to Ubi.com I just run the game on two computers at once!) and if you are in the UK you will get a great ping! The server settings are fairly broad - it's not full real, but it does have cockpit on, stalls on, limited ammo and fuel, etc. so it should appeal to both newcomers and the more experienced alike. I am also open to requests about changing things on the server like skill levels and maps et cetera. If you feel like it, come along and don't be put off by the fact I run this server on Ubi.com rather than on Hypper Lobby. I tried it on Hypper Lobby and no-one was interested, so I switched back to Ubi.com and my server was full...so there you go.

reverendkrv1972
02-10-2005, 12:33 PM
its one of the places i hang out,its a seet server m8y http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Stackhouse25th
02-10-2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.joint-ops.com/joil2fb/

try them, once youre ready, try us. We are a great group S!