PDA

View Full Version : Official Speculations and Theories thread

Daywalker-696
05-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Ok, rather than have all these other threads about what people think the story is, or posting all these "clues" people find that may lead to what the story is, we should have one place for all of them.

For example:

There has been some chatter about a "futuristic" hud when taking damage and death. Leaving me with the possible theory, our main man could be some kind of robot, or have some kind of robotic prostetic, ect. Don't know this, just a speculation.

Also, I think it was said that his left ( I believe ) ring finger is missing, which is how he's got that awsome knife thing. Also, from what the producer person said in the interveiw, he could be time-traveling in some way.

That's what I can peice together so far. Feel free to post your thoughts, but be shure to back them up with evidence if possible. Shure hope this catches on.

P.S: I'm sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread.

silentassasin05
05-12-2006, 09:28 AM
My speculation is this game is gonna rule. My backup to this is, simply, the trailer.

I also think that the "2 inch" rule, if done properly, could open up doors to future games. MAybe a new POP?

pillaysteven
05-12-2006, 09:52 AM
The system for the dagger coming out as seen in the first trailer seemed very advanced... I don't know if it could be called futuristic or not though. It seems very bulky... too bulky to fit in a sleeve unless it was a super-close-up shot that made it seem really bulky. For that system to be small and innocuous enough to fit in a sleeve I think it would require a futuristic system of some sort. Of course this is just speculation and welcome anyone to point out holes in it.

amgln2002
05-12-2006, 09:53 AM
My speculation is that as from the producer Jade's interview i got impression that the title is developed only on ps3 being next-gen game and she emphasizes several times on controller part of the game being very innovative (like string-puppet) - so i guess its exclusively on ps3.

However ps3 will be launched end of the year and its rather expensive so until the release date of the game, there wont be a big market for the game - i really doubt ubisoft marketing have not considered this, so the game will be multi-platform.

For conspiracy sake - ubisoft and sony made secret deal that to mention only ps3 platform(not others) to promote ps3 during E3.

:P

AlexCrimson
05-12-2006, 10:52 AM
First off if you want some info on the story go to Gametrailers or Gamespot and watch the interview with the beautiful lady. She tells you generally what its all about.

Second of all I would suggest that you dont judge the game by the Trailer. I think the game is gonna be great too, but because its made by the PoP team. But remember that trailers cant tell you much about the gameplay.

rajsoloman
05-12-2006, 07:02 PM
well i read that the reason the HUD is kinda futuristic is cus the game deals with a historical conspiricy, so it may be kinda like a cooler,older da vinci's code thingy which will be awesome!

CSL_Bloody
05-12-2006, 07:12 PM
My spec is nothing. We know a bit of the story-line because of the interview. You can't base your opinion on the trailer.... Evevery single trailer for every game looks nice, even though the game might be bad. Its marketing... and most of all trailers are pre-rendering so its not actual gameplay. POP is great, I loved it, if its the same team making it for next-gen I think its gona be great.
My argument, the trailer means nothing, its just for marketing reason

AirRon_2K7
10-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Should we use this (Gravedug) thread for all our speculations from now on? I mean... it does say official ....

moqqy
10-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Daywalker-696:
Ok, rather than have all these other threads about what people think the story is, or posting all these "clues" people find that may lead to what the story is, we should have one place for all of them.

For example:

There has been some chatter about a "futuristic" hud when taking damage and death. Leaving me with the possible theory, our main man could be some kind of robot, or have some kind of robotic prostetic, ect. Don't know this, just a speculation.

Also, I think it was said that his left ( I believe ) ring finger is missing, which is how he's got that awsome knife thing. Also, from what the producer person said in the interveiw, he could be time-traveling in some way.

That's what I can peice together so far. Feel free to post your thoughts, but be shure to back them up with evidence if possible. Shure hope this catches on.

P.S: I'm sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread.

There is no time traveling included. It is not speculation that his left ring finger is missing, it's a fact.

AirRon_2K7
10-13-2007, 07:15 AM
haha, Moqqy do note that this topic is well over a year old http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

moqqy
10-13-2007, 07:22 AM
AHh. I didn't notice you're the evil necromancer.

A.B.O.Y
10-13-2007, 07:30 AM
A year old ! how could it be revived!

AirRon_2K7
10-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
AHh. I didn't notice you're the evil necromancer.

Haha, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif