PDA

View Full Version : Interesting book

bradchalmers
06-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi guys,

New here, but have played IL2 avidly for several years and like the aircraft in the 1946 update.

Which is in part how I stumbled across a new novel. Its an alternate history novel with Germany and the US going to war in 1949.

Its called Neue Europa, I picked it up from Lulu. I was a bit hesitant at first as I was dubious about the quality of writing in a publish on demand book but then I googled the author and realised he has had books published by mainstream publishers too.

I found the first page quite chilling, depicting the fall of England through the last broadcast of BBC radio. After that the story really gets going.

It tends to gravitate around a few main characters. One of those is the leading allied fighter ace, a free Russian female pilot.

I also noticed at the end of the book there are a few technical drawings of the main fighter aircraft used by both sides. The Allies ending up with the Sabre II and the Germans the Me-462. So if nothing else the author put a bit of thought into some of the technology that he was having his main characters use.

Some designs in IL2 1946 get a look in, notably the Horten brothers designs.

Also whats interesting is the Germans use of guided missiles. The use of radar controlled guns. Was fun to read.

Can post the specs of the main aircraft if any one is interested?

Brad

bhunter2112
06-22-2007, 12:23 AM
sounds cool. post away my friend. Have you seen the Luft46 site?

hkfl8087
06-22-2007, 12:31 AM
no i don't