PDA

View Full Version : Missing throwing knives

matsamune
11-28-2008, 02:15 AM
So I'm running the PC version 1.02..

I've noticed that on my computer it's only the very first level, where u try to steal the thingamajig and Robert de Sable decides to pwn ur ***, when u have the 5 throwing knives on your belly, along with the other 10 on Altair's right shoulder and left leg. After that, on the consequent levels, all the way till you fight your master, those 5 knives on your belly are missing. But those on your shoulder and foot show o_O

Is it just me, or is this happening to everyone with the PC version? The graphics settings and everything were set to maximum.

matsamune
11-28-2008, 02:15 AM
So I'm running the PC version 1.02..

I've noticed that on my computer it's only the very first level, where u try to steal the thingamajig and Robert de Sable decides to pwn ur ***, when u have the 5 throwing knives on your belly, along with the other 10 on Altair's right shoulder and left leg. After that, on the consequent levels, all the way till you fight your master, those 5 knives on your belly are missing. But those on your shoulder and foot show o_O

Is it just me, or is this happening to everyone with the PC version? The graphics settings and everything were set to maximum.

lilkanyon
11-28-2008, 11:22 AM
I can't see them on my belly either. I'm not sure they show ever. Be nice if they did though. But if you have 15, 5 on your shoulder, 5 on your belly...where are the other 5? lol. And what the heck are those 2 round things on the back of your belt?

matsamune
11-28-2008, 10:16 PM
In my case you only get to see them ONCE. THe very first level when you want to steal the thing but get stopped by Robert. The assassin you work with also has them shown. After this memory, they never show up again.

5 on the shoulder, 5 on the belly, and 5 on Altair's left foot.

lilkanyon
11-30-2008, 10:46 PM
I didn't notice the knives on the boot..I will have to look again later. I will assume tho that the trade off is better playablility and a sacrifice to some graphics though.

Ok, I see the knives on the boot now (that I've looked for them) but no knives on sash. I am running a terribly out of date system..I'll let you know in a couple months when I build a gaming system..glad to help there :P rofl!

The_Assassin800
10-21-2016, 05:11 AM
I've been searching the internet for days until I came across this thread. I think we both are experiencing the same issue. I've been watching a couple of videos and so far all of them show the same thing: the knives on Alta´r's belt are missing for some reason, even if you are carrying fifteen. I was wondering why no one else seems to have noticed this. I discovered a partial solution to this issue. If you reach a a checkpoint, exit the memory and then reload, the knives reappear, but it seems that after a while the go missing again, at least they seem to do so everytime you kill a target and return to Masyaf. I'm pretty sure there is no permanent solution to the problem. Not a big deal, but I find it quite annoying.

It also looks like I'm like eight years late and this thread is most likely dead, but if anyone is still out there I'll post this comment anyway.