PDA

View Full Version : how to tell beggars to sod off.

Altairliam
12-15-2009, 10:25 AM
it's really annoying when a beggar just walks up to you out of the blue, and starts either begging or playing music for money. But there's a trick to tell them to stop bothering you or they will die.
When a beggar comes up to you in either assassins creed 1 or 2, simply flash the hidden blade(s) at them, and they will leave you alone

OzDavis
12-15-2009, 10:36 AM
In AC2 I just tend to pick the minstrel's pocket and they drop their instrument and run off...

Altairliam
12-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
In AC2 I just tend to pick the minstrel's pocket and they drop their instrument and run off...

LOL brilliant, ima gunna try that...the hidde blade thing is just time saving http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryuna1
12-15-2009, 01:49 PM
in ac1 i accidently stabbed a begger once hehe....

i tent to just run from em tho. or punch em

TheEpicWolf
12-15-2009, 03:09 PM
I pickpocket or throw money....

Dachande_
12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Throwing money seems to be the best way to go in my opinion,you can distract them before they even get near you. Either way,the "musicians" in AC2 arent half as bad as those lunatic guys and drunks from AC1 lol

Altairliam
12-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Dachande_:
Throwing money seems to be the best way to go in my opinion,you can distract them before they even get near you. Either way,the "musicians" in AC2 arent half as bad as those lunatic guys and drunks from AC1 lol

OMFG they take the mick...you try to blend during the mission, and they come up to you and shove you for no reason...i've had to do so many missions over and over agin becasue of them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Dachande_
12-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Altairliam:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dachande_:

OMFG they take the mick...you try to blend during the mission, and they come up to you and shove you for no reason...i've had to do so many missions over and over agin becasue of them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL yeah it was insane,they used to really irritate me^^ but ah they always made me laugh none the less,felt like it was the dev's way of torturing the player lol in a game like AC1 when maintaining a line of sight and stalking prey is of utmost importance..they decide to throw in these agressive lunatics and drunks that focus solely on the player^^ Remember those alleyways filled with them during the latter parts of the game in particular? classic moments lol =)

thekyle0
12-16-2009, 08:01 PM
It doesn't work. I tried it in both games. I pressed up on the d-pad, Altair/Ezio extend the hidden blade(s), and the beggar/lute player just kept doing what they do best. It seems the subtle way to get rid of them that works in both games is to pull out a sword or dagger.

agentofwraith
12-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I just bump the bards and they run off after dropping their lutes or what type of guitar it is,(didn't ask).That worked for me through out the game. But I would like to try showing my hidden blade. Sounds like a funny reaction I would like to see.

Fenro
12-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Theres another easy way, triger high profle for just a second and tilt your d-pad slightly forward and stop, it will bump into the begar and he will drop his instrument and run away

Altairliam
12-19-2009, 09:14 AM
if the hidden blades dont work then just grab them and throw them away...or just assassinate them(my favoruite)...the best way to avoid them s to travel by rooftop....i mean, no beggar is goin gto chase after you rooftop after rooftop just for a bit of change are they http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Voltzbr
12-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah, like those guys said, just bump the bards in high profile.

Jack-Reacher
12-22-2009, 12:18 PM
I tried it with my sword it made him run away but my notoriety level went up a lot

Akssz
12-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
(...) or throw money....

Lol what's the use of that?
You'll lose money, and give them what they want!
They'll come back for more, lol.

Akssz
12-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Fenro:
Theres another easy way, triger high profle for just a second and tilt your d-pad slightly forward and stop, it will bump into the begar and he will drop his instrument and run away

What do you mean by 'high profile'?

OzDavis
12-23-2009, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Akssz:
What do you mean by 'high profile'?
The button you use to deflect in combat (i.e. right trigger on the Xbox... dunno about PS3, sorry!)