PDA

View Full Version : WHY DID HE WAIT SO LONG?! (assassins creed 2)

dleach1988
12-30-2011, 06:00 AM
okay... i just downloaded the extra content for the game. i noticed that in sequence 12, ezio returns to forli and loses the apple of eden in 1488 to Girolamo Savonarola. He then interrogates a monk in forli THE SAME YEAR, and finds out that Girolamo is in Florence. what i want to know is WHY!? did he wait so long to return to Florence to retrieve the apple?! This makes absolutely NO SENSE to me. The sequence 13 events take place in 1497 when he returns to Florence. (WTF DID HE DO FOR 9 YEARS leading up to the events of sequence 13?!)

GLHS
12-30-2011, 07:32 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co..._Auditore_da_Firenze (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ezio_Auditore_da_Firenze)

The info is after the Battle of Forli part. It's from the mobile game, AC2: Discovery.

InfectedNation
12-30-2011, 07:34 AM
It is not 100% canon, but read the novel. Or look up Ezio on the wiki.

EDIT: Damn you beat me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

GLHS
12-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Lol sorry dude. Yeah, it has some inconsistencies with the main storyline, but at least it answers the question for anybody not knowing why he waited.

dleach1988
12-31-2011, 02:39 AM
well i got on assassins creed wikia and according to the story of assassins creed 2: discovery it says, "Following the Battle of Forlì, the Assassin Ezio Auditore postponed his hunt for Rodrigo Borgia to search for the stolen Apple of Eden. In 1491, whilst in the city of Venice, a messenger from the Venetian Thieves' Guild informed him that his close ally Antonio wished to speak with him. Wasting no time, Ezio quickly made his way to the guild."

that doesn't make any sense because like i've said before, according to the extra content provided in the DLC for AC2, he interrogates a monk the same year he loses the apple to Girolamo Savonarola. Which lead him to the church in forli where you have to "catch" another monk, and he says that he's in FLORENCE. So, wtf was he doing looking for the apple of eden in VENICE in 1491 when he already knew that the apple was taken by Girolamo Savonarola in FLORENCE. i know i'm being a little OCD about the story, but i really pay attention to the details, and that sh*t just doesn't add up.

Gil_217
12-31-2011, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by dleach1988:
well i got on assassins creed wikia and according to the story of assassins creed 2: discovery it says, "Following the Battle of Forlì, the Assassin Ezio Auditore postponed his hunt for Rodrigo Borgia to search for the stolen Apple of Eden. In 1491, whilst in the city of Venice, a messenger from the Venetian Thieves' Guild informed him that his close ally Antonio wished to speak with him. Wasting no time, Ezio quickly made his way to the guild."

that doesn't make any sense because like i've said before, according to the extra content provided in the DLC for AC2, he interrogates a monk the same year he loses the apple to Girolamo Savonarola. Which lead him to the church in forli where you have to "catch" another monk, and he says that he's in FLORENCE. So, wtf was he doing looking for the apple of eden in VENICE in 1491 when he already knew that the apple was taken by Girolamo Savonarola in FLORENCE. i know i'm being a little OCD about the story, but i really pay attention to the details, and that sh*t just doesn't add up.

The events of Assassin's Creed: Discovery took place in 1491, the Bonfire of the Vanities took place in 1497/1498. The question is what was Ezio doing in the time between 1491-1497. Ubisoft should have released another DLC during that time.

Lass4r
12-31-2011, 05:06 AM
I wondered where those 9 years went too, I never knew Ezio went to Spain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif Then again I don't play those handheld games.

So the inconsistency is that in the game the monk in Forli actually tells Ezio that Savonarola is in Florence? In the Wiki it looks like Ezio is only given a name...

GLHS
12-31-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by dleach1988:

Maybe you should replay AC2 again and read the wiki more carefully. I just played that part a bit ago. Ezio had just assassinated the Doge(his quest while doing that took him 2 years. From 1484-1486)and Antonio wanted to introduce him to the new one. After that, it takes him 2 years to do all of the stuff with Bartolomeo. He gets the Apple in 1488, and right after that, Rodrigo escapes back to Rome. Ezio takes the Apple to Forli the same year. His interrogations about Savonarola are right after that. (Now this is where all the stuff of AC: Discovery takes place.) He planned to go to Florence to find Savonarola but THEN: "While trying to locate Savonarola, Ezio was told by an acquaintance to meet Antonio at the Thieves Guild in Venice. Upon arriving there, Ezio found Antonio accompanied by another man, Luis de Santángel. Luis was looking for a good "killer" who could oversee a meeting involving Luis' friend Christoffa Corombo, but Ezio expressed no interest. However, when he heard that Rodrigo Borgia was also involved in the meeting, he rushed to Christoffa's location, finding out that it was a trap." Then Rodrigo's elected Pope in 1492 to get to the Staff. Ezio's there for a few more years, and goes to Florence in 1492 to retrieve the Apple from Savonarola. BUT: "He returned to his hometown of Florence in 1492, and bumped into a monk who was running from Borgia guards, saying they were asking about "apples." Ezio, realizing the Borgia knew Savonarola had the Apple, rushed to the Santa Maria and found a monk whose surname was Savonarola being harassed by Borgia guards. After watching the scene unfold, Ezio jumped down from atop the church and rescued Savonarola. Ezio realized the monk had all ten fingers, and he introduced himself as Marcello Savonarola; Girolamo's cousin. Marcello, in favor to Ezio, revealed that his cousin was in Venice at the time, and Ezio set off once again." Basically....he got tricked into believing that the Savonarola he was looking for was actually in Venice by the dude's cousin and ended up getting sidetracked for another 5 years. Then he finally returns to Florence in 1497. That's why, when you finally get to Florence in Bonfire of the Vanities, Savonarola has it so f*cked up and everybody so brain-washed. Cuz he used the Apple to mess up the city for all those years. This trip to Florence is also the same time Christina dies. B/c her and Manfredo were being chased and harassed by Savonarola's guards, and she dies in the process.

dleach1988
01-01-2012, 02:29 AM
i don't know need to replay anything, i JUST got done playing the DLC not even a day ago, and i remember VERY clearly that after ezio interrogates the monk in forli, he says that Savonarola was heading to florence. i don't really care that much anymore, but the story is inconsistent around that time.

GLHS
01-01-2012, 03:09 AM
He does say that, yes. And Ezio was headed there. But he got sidetracked, as I explained thoroughly in my last post. That makes it consistent.