PDA

View Full Version : Any variations betweeen the XBOX360 ver. and the PS3 version of the game

nameer1984
06-14-2007, 03:48 AM
scince assassins creed is beig released on bth the XBOX 360 and PS3 platforms will there be any difference between the gameplay or graphics???

lpcrispo
06-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Dont listen to the fanboys...
everything will be extremely similar...
( except maybe rumble on the 360... and the achievements ) but everything else will probably be extremely similar!

pillaysteven
06-14-2007, 06:15 AM
The producer (Jade Raymond) says there will be no difference.

Games are not released yet so impossible to know for sure.

Jack_Vykios
06-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I'd be willing to bet that the 360 version will be prettier with less bugs for the simple fact that UBI specialize on that console.
I'll probably be getting it for PS3, though, cause that console's quieter =D

RetiredHatch
06-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:
I'd be willing to bet that the 360 version will be prettier with less bugs for the simple fact that UBI specialize on that console.
I'll probably be getting it for PS3, though, cause that console's quieter =D

umm actually since this game isnt being ported from one console to the other unlike the other ports ubi has made it'll prolly undo all the problems with the bugs and graphics being fugly porting to the 360 from the ps3 and vice versa is actually quite difficult now unlike from ps2 to xbox just because the hardware and stuff are so different for each console

since they are working from the ground up on both consoles though it seems that the bugs and graphics issues that most ports have been having might be taken care of

maybe

cmsoccer21
06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Wait, won't the crowds of people on PS3 act differant because they have a whole seperate part in the console that contols their minds?

lpcrispo
06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by cmsoccer21:
Wait, won't the crowds of people on PS3 act differant because they have a whole seperate part in the console that contols their minds?
no... it maybe is different "hardware side" nothing will be different for the player!

cmsoccer21
06-15-2007, 01:15 PM
ya but the crowds will act differant towards you because each person will have their seperate thoughts on you. I think you can do things that will like please half of the crowd and not please the other half cause they have differant minds

chewie1890
06-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Yes that's true but that's on all the systems not just the PS3. The versions will all be so similar as to make it extremely difficult to catch the differences. The only noticable differences will be rumble on 360 six-axis on PS3, and probably mods on the computer.

Howler13
06-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
The only noticable differences will be rumble on 360 six-axis on PS3, and probably mods on the computer.
Actually, I recall Jade saying in an interview they opted not to use sixaxis controls, as they couldn't think of a way to use it that didn't feel tacked on, or something like that.

deskpe
06-16-2007, 04:01 AM
i deoubt itm will be better on 360 coz thegame was going to be only released for PS3.... so i guess everything will be the same

who, schievments are always fun on 360 tho :P

andy276
06-16-2007, 04:50 AM
deskpe, please change your avatar, it's bigger than 500 KB!

rahul911
06-18-2007, 01:54 AM
uhh..i read somewhere..or mayb it was an interview...anywya...Fade said that there will be slight differences inm the graphics of 360/ps3...n dat 360 will be slightly better..now a dev would said they r running normal unless there is a big noticible difference in the 2 versions...that really spoiled my dreams for the game.....as the game was supposed to be a ps3 version ported over 2 the 360

moqqy
06-18-2007, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by rahul911:
uhh..i read somewhere..or mayb it was an interview...anywya...Fade said that there will be slight differences inm the graphics of 360/ps3...n dat 360 will be slightly better..now a dev would said they r running normal unless there is a big noticible difference in the 2 versions...that really spoiled my dreams for the game.....as the game was supposed to be a ps3 version ported over 2 the 360

spoiled your dreams for the game? :S how? and i dont think its an official statement that ps3 wont be as good graphically or run as well.

the game was supposed to be PS3 only, then microsoft offered a better deal or sony did something wrong, and now the game is being shown as an XBOX360 game, as they are talking more about 360 it seems and also showing it to the audience with 360

dracojames
06-18-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm sure the two will be extremely similar regardless of what console you get it for, though I do recall Jade Raymond mentioning something in an interview about slightly improved crowd AI on the 360 due to its threading technology.

lpcrispo
06-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by dracojames:
I'm sure the two will be extremely similar regardless of what console you get it for, though I do recall Jade Raymond mentioning something in an interview about slightly improved crowd AI on the 360 due to its threading technology.
Nope, it was a misquote! ( IGN corrected their article a couple of days later...)
both AI will be the same!

chewie1890
06-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Howler13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
The only noticable differences will be rumble on 360 six-axis on PS3, and probably mods on the computer.
Actually, I recall Jade saying in an interview they opted not to use sixaxis controls, as they couldn't think of a way to use it that didn't feel tacked on, or something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh snap... Could've sworn I heard that, my error. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ArrowDynamicsX
06-23-2007, 02:43 AM
Here's the difference between the 360 and PS3.

360:
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3784/asscreed0lp9.jpg

PS3:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4876/acreed2lc7.jpg

Yes, I'm joking, I'm sure the PS3 one will look just fine.

Atheist2012
06-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by cmsoccer21:
I actually heard that the Ps3 wasn't capable of producing the same AI response as the 360 because of the complexity of the console's processors.

A.B.O.Y
06-23-2007, 10:30 AM
I dont mean to be a ps3 fanboy or anything but if any consoles gonna have anything better it would be the ps3 but i dont think there will be any differences between the systems.
and Atheist2012 ps3 not cabable lol wooo my sides are splitting

mormonplyr
06-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Read this: here (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/29/assassins-creed-360-has-superior-ai-says-ubisoft-producer/)

There you go!

Blademaster513
06-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Most likely they will be VERY similar. Sometimes PS3 has SLIGHTLY higher-rez textures in games, and often the 360 has SLIGHTLY better AntiAliasing, its really so negligible that I wouldn't really say theres much of a difference from the graphics aspect of it. 360 may have superior AI again SLIGHTLY because its just easier to code on. Ill probably get the game for 360 or PC. I think they want it to look about the same on all consoles.

RetiredHatch
06-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Atheist2012:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmsoccer21:
I actually heard that the Ps3 wasn't capable of producing the same AI response as the 360 because of the complexity of the console's processors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually no that's wrong it's the 360 is capable of creating better AI EASIER than the PS3 not just better the ps3 can do atleast equal (most probably better) AI then the 360 console either way the end result on both consoles will be the same game

rebelinthenude0
06-23-2007, 02:52 PM
The game will be the same on both sides because thats what they want and the whole thing that the Xbox 360's threading whatever is better is Just a 360 fanboy statement trying to sound smart, the fact is that they decided to generalize on graphics for all systems, even thought the PS3 has superior power and that's a fact.

With all this 360 is equal garbage floating around it's nothing but a cover up from UBI and any other company that doesn't want a back lash from the 360 fanbase which is bigger at the moment. By next year YOU WILL HERE COMPANIES STATEING THAT THE PS3 IS SUPERIOR BECAUSE BY THEN IT WILL BE AHEAD OF THE 360.

It's all about what market has the most money at the time....Not trying to start a console war but that's the facts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gifhttp://www.2404.org/wall_images/assassinscreed.jpg

Wangzter
06-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by rebelinthenude0:
The game will be the same on both sides because thats what they want and the whole thing that the Xbox 360's threading whatever is better is Just a 360 fanboy statement trying to sound smart, the fact is that they decided to generalize on graphics for all systems, even thought the PS3 has superior power and that's a fact.

With all this 360 is equal garbage floating around it's nothing but a cover up from UBI and any other company that doesn't want a back lash from the 360 fanbase which is bigger at the moment. By next year YOU WILL HERE COMPANIES STATEING THAT THE PS3 IS SUPERIOR BECAUSE BY THEN IT WILL BE AHEAD OF THE 360.

It's all about what market has the most money at the time....Not trying to start a console war but that's the facts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gifhttp://www.2404.org/wall_images/assassinscreed.jpg

You are so a 360 fanboy! Jk. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

And no. There really won't be any variations between the game on the two consoles and PC.

rebelinthenude0
06-23-2007, 03:46 PM
LOL yea def http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But seriously you get wat im sayin?

Barthe7ruth
06-23-2007, 03:50 PM

Firstly, all of that is based on nothing. Fanboys on both sides talk on and on about how their side is going to pull radically ahead ever so soon because of [insert non-existent or ineffectual advantage]. But I'm afraid that just because it's typed in all caps doesn't make it so.

Not trying to start a console war but that's the facts

O RLY? Hey I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Wangzter
06-23-2007, 03:59 PM
LOL yea def http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But seriously you get wat im sayin?
Well, I own both a 360 and a PS3, and I think they'll both do pretty good in the market, though I'm not sure which will eventually come out on top. I find both consoles quite enjoyable. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

chewie1890
06-23-2007, 04:38 PM
The game will be the same on both sides because thats what they want and the whole thing that the Xbox 360's threading whatever is better is Just a 360 fanboy statement trying to sound smart,

Damn Jade Raymond and her XB360 fan-boyism!

I decided to shorten the quote to just that paragraph. Saying something will happen doesn't make it happen. I've heard people say games like this and DMC will all be exclusives, but look at what happened.

Sure developers MAY start utilizing the PS3 and spending a large ammount of extra money on development for a console with a smaller user-base, or they may continue to develop for the easier consoles with larger fan-bases. The Wii and 360.

I don't care though because by the end of it all I plan on owning all the consoles because they all have their exclusives, 360 has titles like Halo 3, PS3 has MGS4, and Wii has Zelda. I've currently picked up the Wii and 360 and when I can I will pick up the PS3.

Just the facts eh? Sounds more like a prediction of the future, which i'm sure all of us can agree is impossible to do.

rebelinthenude0
06-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey Chewie they issued a statement a few days later saying that the 360 version was not better....

And the fact that developers might start utilizing the Ps3 and spending loads of money on a smaller user base is Bull$@*T i mean c'mon you don't think that by Christmas with all the games that will be available for PS3 thatit won't bring in ton's of people?

not considering the fact that by then analyst say that Blu-Ray will have won the HD DVD Blu-Ray war, Oh and what does the PS3 have in it oh that's right a Blu-Ray player.
I do want to ask you a question though, what are developers going to do when it comes a year down the road and the 360 was maxed out on the last game they created?

are they going to make the same game on the same last years graphics or are they going to go to the PS3 and use its hardware that still has yet to be maxed out?

yes the 360 is outselling now but they have also been out for almost a year longer and have a bazillion games, yes PS3 has had some disappointing games and i give cred but that's a thing of the past....the point being that the 360 is maxed out now on the software it has and the same stuff is on the PS3 and it's only tapped it's power dude your machine will be inferior by next year but if you knew your stuff you would know that it is was inferior the day the PS3 was born...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

chewie1890
06-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Bahahaha! I'm getting told to learn my stuff by someone who thinks that the 360 is almost maxed out? Hahahaha!

I believe the statement you're referring to is the one in-which Jade simply stated that it would hardly be noticable unless under high scrutiny. I don't care though because 360 will also have rumble and achievements(No word on PS3s 'entitlements' as of yet)

I'd be interested in seeing that analysis report, not cause I don't think it exists I just wanna see it. I've seen a few reports saying that HD-DVD will win but it's biased the same way Blu-Ray reports are biased. It's all speculation of the future.

Sony has a bad rep with format choices anyway, UMD or BetaMax anyone?

The fan-boyism is ridiculous, "Any dev who says that the 360 is equal is just doing a giant cover-up!" Nice catch there! Where's Dan Brown's phone number? I'm sure he'll find out the truth. Though the truth may just be that the PS3 is over-hyped and the hype isn't being delivered on.

Point of the matter is Sonys made some ridiculous claims, "4D graphics", "Microsoft shoots for the moon, Sony shoots for the sun."? That's just idiotic. If Sony truly shot for the sun then Europe should have had consoles on day one and my stores shouldn't have racks full of them.

With the PS2 Sony required better graphics and maintained exclusives. No such thing this time around. Probably because of the estimated 1.3 billion their gaming division is losing. (This may not be the exact number, I'll check in the morning, on the Wii right now and it would be too time consuming.)

Sony consistantly over-exaggerates things to get free good press then says the news reporter mis-quoted them. Such as with there "315 new games by March" Which is about three times the actual number of 120.

My hardware will be inferior eh? Maybe I didn't tell you but i'm picking up a PS3. I have a major gripe with Sony (Had one since my PS2 stopped working again and I got root-kit on my computer) but I've got gripe

rebelinthenude0
06-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Chewie man im actually enjoying this seriously finally someone to have a conversation with someone with some brains, But the analyst's im refering to aren't biased il get them for you in the morning but it shows that Sony is outselling toshiba some say 5-1 some say 3-1 but either way there outselling them, 9-10 major studio's support it and the whole pron thing deosn't make as much portion as they say.

I would like to know if you live in Europe because sales charts from columns show that PS3 is killing in Europe, the problem with Sony at the moment(within the next few month's won't have the issue) is that they don't have any game's yes i know that i have a PS3 with no game's for it, I know that already but this all changes in a few months when games like this one and GTA4 come out.

I have to agree on thie qoutes and garbage 100% i guess that's Sony's way of getting some publicity makin it look like there doin somthin about all of it they are somwhat but not fast enough.

On the exclusive's and all that it is very early to say there not trying to get exclusive's, because one when they had the PS2 it was the first game in town they were the biggest game in town PS2's were sellin like hot cake's and the user base was the biggest so company's saw that just goin exclusive to Sony was a good idea because that's where the biggest market was, that's my exact point as of know XBOX 360 is a bigger user base but when sony starts producin games this christmas they will begin to build steam.

I don't blindly follow Sony(not that you claimed i did) matter fact i was so excited about the 360 comin this early i wanted one then they were short in qauntity and they were havin overheating issue's so i canned the idea.

Chewie i like you for what your sayin your fightin back man i respect that im lookin forward for what you got to say tommorow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gifhttp://www.gamersquad.com/images/TN2377_assassinscreed.jpg

HeresToAtomBomb
06-25-2007, 09:19 AM
In terms of capitalization - which, rebel, I doubt you have any idea about - Sony has been surpassed, in terms of their gaming industry, by Nintendo. This, to say the very least, is a crippling blow. The PS3, in no way, shape, or form, has rendered the 360 obsolete upon its launch. Were you thinking when you made this bold claim. If anything, the release of the PS3 strengthened the 360's image as people could finally see that they could waste five hundred dollars on an inferior system. As for Blu-Ray, I would hardly call that a benefit in fact, quite contrarily, I would call it a liability as it has irrevocably caused the PS3 systems and games to charge exorbitant prices. This being so, they've been pigeonholed by delusions of granduer into sliding sales as the economic suitability of said system is null. All in all, I dont think you're all that intelligent, as you have claimed in the previous post, and have just percipitated a deluge of fabricated facts to look informed.
Veni, Vidi, Vici fanboy on the losing side.

PS. You've already proven you are a fanboy so don't come back with your "I never claimed to be one" BS.

moqqy
06-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey Chewie they issued a statement a few days later saying that the 360 version was not better....

And the fact that developers might start utilizing the Ps3 and spending loads of money on a smaller user base is Bull$@*T i mean c'mon you don't think that by Christmas with all the games that will be available for PS3 thatit won't bring in ton's of people?

not considering the fact that by then analyst say that Blu-Ray will have won the HD DVD Blu-Ray war, Oh and what does the PS3 have in it oh that's right a Blu-Ray player.
I do want to ask you a question though, what are developers going to do when it comes a year down the road and the 360 was maxed out on the last game they created?

are they going to make the same game on the same last years graphics or are they going to go to the PS3 and use its hardware that still has yet to be maxed out?

yes the 360 is outselling now but they have also been out for almost a year longer and have a bazillion games, yes PS3 has had some disappointing games and i give cred but that's a thing of the past....the point being that the 360 is maxed out now on the software it has and the same stuff is on the PS3 and it's only tapped it's power dude your machine will be inferior by next year but if you knew your stuff you would know that it is was inferior the day the PS3 was born...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

ahh you see, microsoft did VERY smartly, only having a normal DVD in xbox 360. because they made it so you can buy a blu-ray or HD-DVD later, when its clear which one wins.

and no its not sure yet which one has won, sure there are alot of "expert" statements around both ways...

and lol 360 maxed out and PS3 not.. i'd really love to see a official source of that.

and even if you cant improve the graphics it doesnt mean all the games are going to be the same, ever heard of anything else than graphics?

if you only knew your stuff you would know this.

and i agree with HeresToAtomBomb

chewie1890
06-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok guys chill. No need to bring this into a personal assault, or veiled insult thread. Nobody wants that.

Back on topic, sorry that my post kinda just stopped mid-sentence, i'd made an original post late last night when I couldn't sleep on the Wii, but I went back to edit it and add a few paragraphs at the beginning, little did I know it was getting rid of the paragraphs at the bottom to make room for it because my post had been too long o_O.

So continuing from the last sentence:

My hardware will be inferior eh? Maybe I didn't tell you but i'm picking up a PS3. I have a major gripe with Sony (Had one since my PS2 stopped working again and I got root-kit on my computer) but I've got gripes with Micrsoft too, had one since I've had to deal with some of their shoddy software all my life (Linux FTW!) but that doesn't matter.

I think Sony takes themselves a little to seriously and Phil Harrison? Can anyone say full of himself and console basher? I can't read an interview with this guy without getting angry at him for question dodging and somehow changing the question so he can ramble off some predicted statistics. I mean look at the lawsuit that Sony started with the company 'Lik Sang' Lik Sang committed the terrible crime of selling PSPs to Europe early. Good job Sony, decrease even farther the sales of your PSP...

UPDATED STATISTICS: 380 was the projected ammount of games 140 is the actual ammount, including PSN games.

1.7 billion is the estimated ammount of money lossed for Sony's gaming division.

"So anyone who makes any money from here until March, will make more money than Sony's gaming division. Heck so long as they don't lose 1,699,999,999.99 they'll make more money."

-Maddox of thebestpageintheuniverse.net

In the end no matter how much I quote, or anyone else quotes on either side, it just doesn't matter. It's all about oppinion and I'm sure we can all agree that oppinions about something we invest so much money in can be hard to change. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So i'll end this post with a bit of humour on every side:

Making fun of the 360. (http://www.docadamsaudio.com/sarcasticgamer/ringoffire_sarcasticgamer.mp3) (Direct link so don't have your volume up TOO loud.

Making fun of Sony. (http://www.jokeroo.com/funnyvideos/why_ps3_sucks.html) (There will probably be an ad at the beginning but it should be over in a few seconds)

Couldn't find anything that makes fun of Wii. =/

HeresToAtomBomb
06-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Here's one that makes fun of Wii: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/redsteel/index.html?tag=result;title;0.

Talk about garbage. Plus, you should just ask me (I own both Wii and 360) what I think about it. It needs some games before it can be taken seriously.

chewie1890
06-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Agree'd about the Wii needing more games, i've got the Wii60 combo right now also.

Someone on the SarcasticGamer.com website actually wrote something to the same effect. (http://www.sarcasticgamer.com/2007/06/from-forums-my-wii-and-me.html)

rebelinthenude0
06-25-2007, 03:50 PM
yep im about out of breath chewie this isn't goin to solv anything il lokk at them vids......the system we should be really laying down smack on is the Wii im mean seriously it's like havin a xbox or ps2 with a controller tht can act like a tennis racket it's 5 yrs past it's prime http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

moqqy
06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
yep im about out of breath chewie this isn't goin to solv anything il lokk at them vids......the system we should be really laying down smack on is the Wii im mean seriously it's like havin a xbox or ps2 with a controller tht can act like a tennis racket it's 5 yrs past it's prime http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

why are you trying to start a console war here?

ElKvass
06-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Please just realise that the game is gonna look equal on all the different platforms. Making these little remarks like the ps3s superior power and improved AI on the 360 is just gonna annoy people and therefore I'm gonna write something like that myself:P Not actually to piss anyone off, just that I thought it was cool when I read about it. The thing is that some guys here in Norway bought four ps3's(might have been 5) and connected them together and those consoles combined performed mathematic calculations that you would normaly need a several million dollar machine to be able to perform. Kinda cool, and I'll try to find the source. I'm sorry that I don't have it here.

rebelinthenude0
06-25-2007, 11:28 PM
im not trying to start anything the Wii isn't even a next-gen console and what elkvass said does prove that the PS3 is the most powerful machine out there not saying it's the best

moqqy
06-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Wii got nothing to do with this thread.

HeresToAtomBomb
06-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Dude, he didn't provide any evidence... how is he correct?

copaceticmind
06-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Do any of you have credible sources agreeing with the things you say? Is there a way to get unbiased information on which console is really better? It seems each fanbase is just spouting nonsense they've heard from somewhere else on the internet.

I read in a forum that the PS3 has better graphics, so I guess it's true. Oh, wait. This guy in another forum says he knows for a fact the XBOX 360 has better graphics. The PS3 has more power. No, it's the XBOX 360 that has more power.

So here's your chance to prove your console. If you have objective proof that one is better than the other, then post your source here. And if you're going to spout forth something so hard to believe as "the XBOX 360s capabilities have already been maxed out," then have the sources to back that up.

Don't expect people to take your word for anything - especially in such a partisan discussion.

HeresToAtomBomb
06-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I just said that in a far-less-complicated manner. Succinctness is your friend...

rahul911
06-27-2007, 02:41 AM
i really think that UBI should make good use of the blu-ray on the ps3...they could shart with adding extra data on the disk so that the load-times are less for the ps3 version...plus..they could add loads of other stuff....
the 360 on the other hand...might have load times...i think it shoudn't be the case (for those of u who've heard 1up's latest podcast, they comment that the initial load-time for GTAIV on the 360 might be as high as 10mins)...dat is not good...
also...i think Ubi has solved the graphical prob it had with SC: DA on the ps3...cos the reviews of the ps3 version of R6:Vegas say it has graphical improvements (the game releases AU on Fri i think so i haven't played it yet)...which i'm impressed...but will this be the case with AC..mayb..mayb not cos UBI is sorta bias towards 360...n they'll want the game to play the same.

HeresToAtomBomb
06-27-2007, 07:01 AM
How much did you pay for your gaming system? Was it worth the minimal improvements, worse controller, and lack of a complimentary AV cable? Ten minute load times -- are you high? That would never make it past the editing stage as nobody pays x amount of dollars to wait for ten minutes at a time. Game, set, and match.

rebelinthenude0
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
wasn't someone talking about bias comments before what are you the 360 guru nothin like frickin steppin on your own tongue HersToAtom******

tschlosser
06-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, there might only be a differece in the graphics, seeing how in most trailers, the PS3 trailer looks a bit sharper, so u never know, other than that, pretty much the same

ElKvass
06-27-2007, 02:47 PM
The thing is that I've been trying real hard to find the damn source and I can't. Ofcourse I can't remember where I saw it and it's annoying me, but what I do know is that graphics has nothing to do with that. They don't need an awesome gpu to be able to calculate stuff. They used the cell processor which is a powerful piece of hardware.

EDIT: YAY I found it. The link is in Norwegian, but I'll translate it, or at leat parts of it. ps. if there are any other Norwegians reading this please verify that I'm not lying or making stuff up. http://www.digi.no/php/art.php?id=376248

Here it is: UIB(university in bergen) wants to use playstation for teaching.

UIB has just bought five playstation 3 machines to use for teaching. It's by connecting a keyboard and a computer screen that they will make the machine eligable for teaching, not just for gaming.

Professor Fredrik Manne at UIB wrote about this teknology himself and thinks that the use of these machines will be useful eventually.

The processor is almost as fast and a lot cheaper then the most powerful super machine at UIB. And the paralell technology(not shure if that's the correct translation) used in the PS3 will be common in future computers and that's why it's an important contribution to the teaching, says Fredrik Manne.

Even though this type of machine is normally used for entertainment, it's known that the processor can be used for teaching and research aswell.

The machines will mainly be used my master students to solve mathemathic tasks.

usually supermachines with a million kroner(kroner= the norwegian coin) price tag were bought to get access to a similar kind of performance as the playstation 3 can give for a price tag of 6000 NOK(that's about 1000 dollars, and yes we are quite rich in Norway so a 1000 bucks is a reasonable price tag on the ps3 since we have quite high salaries)

So I was a bit wrong in my first post, but here is what I found anyways and sorry for making such a long post.

chewie1890
06-27-2007, 03:49 PM
So they connected a PS3 to a keyboard and a monitor... Wouldn't they have to do some significant modding to the machines to make them do what they want?

ElKvass
06-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Yup I would think so. But I just translated what the article said. I looked around a bit and checked peoples responses and some of the admins etc. on that site which is a computer tech site, said that they would have to do some modifications to be able to use them fully. it also says in the article that this professor named Fredrik Manne knows a lot about this kind of technology and said that it will be usefull eventually.

There is one point I was wrong about and that is that they connected them all together, they can actually get almost the same amount of power out of one ps3 as a super computer. Just thought this was interesting. But still I want to stress the fact that this does not make the ps3 any superior in graphics since the gpu's on the 360 and ps3 are equal in performance. This is what I've ment when I said that I think the ps3 is more powerful and has a bigger potential and people have allways responded angrily and said that the graphics are equal if not better, I've never actually ment the graphics... But thanks and I just thought this was very interesting and it will hopefully lead to a boost in the computer industry soon so that we won't have to buy/upgrade our computer every few years. The hardware is simply getting to good for developers of all kinds to keep up with.

Hassan-Sabaa
06-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Add a motion sensor bit to the game for the PS3, not something thats had but maybe during the "moment" when you commit the assassination you use it. Not to add difficulty but to get you more into it. Say different sinarios to how you shake the controler once you grab the target. A quick twist snaps their neck while a flick down lets your blade come out and then up and then you can tilt the controller either way to slash them in that direction. But snapping their neck would defeat the purpose of the hidden blade but.. better than watching a cutscene

Micheal_Yar
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Well let's just hope , primarly for Ubi's sake. That they don't cut back the PS3 fanbase. They already get bad reviews from PS gamers all over the internet. (not me) So if they want to clean their act they need to work it together.

Secondly: I think it would help if Jade would make an exact statement that both versions will be the same.

assid2
11-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Just curious here,
there wasnt supposed to be any difference in GRAW2 however, the pc version ended up with a FPS version instead.
I hope they dont do that here. Third person and adventure type games really do need to exist for the pc platform as well. I mean with so many developers mostly and constantly making FPS. Im hoping this doesnt happen here.

Also anyone know if theres any chance for rumble to be incorporated into the PC version for the rest of us who have a controller to play with?

AirRon_2K7
11-21-2007, 05:58 AM
NECROMANCY... but no, noone knows whether there will be rumble for the PC. . .

Malmer_DK
11-21-2007, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
NECROMANCY... but no, noone knows whether there will be rumble for the PC. . .
I think there's a good chance that it will - Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones for the PC had rumble working (with the 360 controller atleast).

I didn't know they could get it to work on the PC, so I nearly threw my controller when it suddenly rumbled. (Has to be said that I had just completed the two prior PoP games, which had no rumble, so it took me quite by surprise).