PDA

View Full Version : Odd track phenomenon

hugohugo37
09-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone,

Lately I've noticed a wierd thing with the "save track" option.

For example, I take off, drop a bomb on a train destroying some cars, and then fly home and land. Now I quit the mission and hit "save track". When I play back the track I take off, drop a bomb too early missing the train, and then crash into the ground. Why isn't "save track" recording what happened? Something is out of whack. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

hugohugo37
09-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone,

Lately I've noticed a wierd thing with the "save track" option.

For example, I take off, drop a bomb on a train destroying some cars, and then fly home and land. Now I quit the mission and hit "save track". When I play back the track I take off, drop a bomb too early missing the train, and then crash into the ground. Why isn't "save track" recording what happened? Something is out of whack. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

FlatSpinMan
09-07-2005, 10:26 AM
This is a really common report. I believe the problem happpens if you use Timeskip or use Time Accelerate or whatever while flying. The track gets out of sequence or something. Someone who actually knows will be along soon. you can avoid it by making .ntrks (possibly called Quick Tracks). Look in your Controls section to see which button it is. You may need to assign one.

Low_Flyer_MkII
09-07-2005, 10:35 AM
The save track function hasn't been right since the last patch - this isn't the first time this has happened. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patch. In the meantime, you can save as NTRK (press esc as soon as convenient, click on start recording, name your NTRK, click on save, and you're returned to mission with confirmation of recording started in text on screen. Takes up much more hard drive space tho')

You can edit NTRKS by assigning a key to quick record (having set manual camera on) this will be saved in numerical sequence i.e. 001/002/003NTRK and can get out of hand if you record all missions and edit tracks. Rename them regularly, not forgetting to add .ntrk to your new title (e.g. Low_Flyer_downs_6_Me262s_in_his Gladiator.ntrk - you might want to use shorter titles http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)

Hope it helps.

Kuna15
09-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Low Flyer is right. But the save function is messed up for a long time before PF...(.nrtk)

Also .nrtk's are un-editable. I can start record while playing .nrtk, but after a few moments I am back to track screen.

.trk's can be edited.(while playing I just press "record" button).

Also if you set your connection to LAN in il2fb setup that may help to get .nrtk right.(or at least better)

hugohugo37
09-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Anyway it is a bummer because I am flying a Finnish offline Me-109 campaign and I destroyed a bridge with a train going over it and I really wanted to watch it again and bask in the glory but instead I have a video of me dropping a bomb into a snowy field and then crashing. Not all that impressive. This feature did used to work. I remember using it. So I do hope they fix it someday. Thanks for your responses anyway. Hugo

vanjast
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
When recording online tracks I have no problems.
When I did an offline recording with a fair amount of objects/aircraft the track bombed. Had me fly staight into the ground at some obscure location!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif