PDA

View Full Version : Continuous internet connection cumbersome

Subsidence
03-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Starting AC 2 is a difficult task when one's computer is protected with virusscanners etc. I had to exclude IP addresses and change settings in my virusscanner. Not exactly a warm welcome for honest customers and intrusive on PC's.
Ubisoft does seem to care less about their customers and more than about piracy. The solution Ubisoft chose after AC 1's piracy problem seems a tactical blunder.
I have uninstalled the game feeling I have better things to do than fumbling around in my PC system playing a game.

Meadsway
03-07-2010, 05:14 AM
I agree that AC2 is a pain and to me, not worth the effort needed to start a session. The ubisoft site is either down or to busy to be able to connect -- I intend to apply to Amazon for a refund - nothing was said in pre-sales adds about recquiring a permanant internet connection to ubisoft servers.

evil9494
03-07-2010, 05:37 AM
What the hell is going on i can't play AC2.I played may be for 1 hour and than it told me that my interenet connection has beeen lost.I turned the game offf and checked my connection everything is perfekt.Now i can't play the game it stay on logging and thats it.I restarted my pc and nothing is ubi servers down please someone tell me...

desonnac0
03-07-2010, 05:53 AM
This is so effed up!
Nice JOB UBI!
YOU [edit]! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!
WHAT ON EARTH MAKES YOU THINK THIS DRM IS GONNA HELP AT ALL!
I'M gonna pirate this game just because of the DRM
all it does is [edit] over the loyal customers, and does nothing to the pirates!

... [edit] <span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not swear, if you want to post, please do so constructively</span>

caswallawn_2k7
03-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Starting AC 2 is a difficult task when one's computer is protected with virusscanners etc. I had to exclude IP addresses and change settings in my virusscanner. Not exactly a warm welcome for honest customers and intrusive on PC's.
that's more the fault of your virus scan, a lot of people use virus scans that block nearly everything and are not user friendly.

most firewalls/virus scans will allow things like this to connect without a problem, so if you plan on gaming I would strongly advise a less intrusive firewall/virus scan.

Norton and Mcafee being two of the worst out there as they are way too strict and use massive amounts of system resources.