PDA

View Full Version : How long do we need wait?? like LD did we wait?

Dirtydog28
04-23-2006, 08:28 AM
6 months? 12 months? for some solid info, is this even in development yet? Ok it worked it cheered some of us and shut some of us up, but what gives now but nothing! Do we linger here for nothing it seems , what a dirty little industry it seems to have turned into. UBI owes us nothing its a bizz fair enough , but dont BS us and lead us on.

Dirtydog28
04-23-2006, 08:28 AM
6 months? 12 months? for some solid info, is this even in development yet? Ok it worked it cheered some of us and shut some of us up, but what gives now but nothing! Do we linger here for nothing it seems , what a dirty little industry it seems to have turned into. UBI owes us nothing its a bizz fair enough , but dont BS us and lead us on.

DayGlow
04-23-2006, 10:45 AM
well if they release a tenative date, miss it, look what happenned in the GR forum. People will complain that they are being led on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FI_FlimFlam
04-23-2006, 10:58 AM
While I am frustrated with the lack of information from UBI I have to say I see some reasoning behind it. I personally don't think it completely justifies the information blackout policy they maintain but there is some validity to it.

R6 PC fans are pretty rabid and vocal. You are never going to please all of the people here no matter what. Whatever is released, there are going be people who post that it will be the most idiotic thing to ever hit the Rainbow series - as hard as it is to believe after Lockdown. By maintaining a black out on information, it keeps the negative posts to a minimum. Especially considering the what a fiasco Lockdown was for UBI.

Second, with GRAW hitting in a few weeks, they are going to be focusing on PR for that game. However I don't anticipate any real information in the comming months either after GRAW has had a chance to sell for a while.

This is a catch 22, as that it gives gamers nothing to get excited about. As a result, lets just say that most people here don't trust UBI to publish a decent R6 title anymore - regardless of who develops it. They will have to earn that trust back with the next title and alot of us absolutely will NOT rush out and purchase it in the first week. We'll let others be the guinea pigs. Thus hurting the intial release sales numbers. But ultimately it's a result of UBI's business practices and not making good R6 games. Alittle PR could help turn that around, or it could make it even worse. I think they would rather not risk it.

Here's to hoping UBI Montreal will be able to make something decent this time around.

Cogoni
05-11-2006, 07:25 AM
The reason is that they make the money of consoles more than thye do off pcs. Plain and simple. Look at the concentration they gave 'GRAW PC'.... very little.... 'Lockdown'.... none.
Yes we will have to wait again, just like lockdown. But then again whats the point waiting for a game that we know nothing about or no one cares about? Or a game that will end up being just as **** as the last.
I mean come on.... they didnt show nothing of the pc version at e3.... so dont expect it to be out this year.
And if it does, then expect it to be another cash-in, hash job at least.